Chit Chat
Options

Favorite turkey leftover recipes?

Re: Favorite turkey leftover recipes?

• Options

Turkey noodle soup!

Turkey, chicken broth, grandma noodles, carrots, onion, celery.

Mmmmm

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Turkey pot pie
  • Options
    I'm boring. I just put it on a plate with potatoes and gravy and microwave it. I don't see the need to turn it into something else. 

• Options
    White bread or roll, mayo, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I threw some in my omelette this morning. I'm going to make quiche with the rest so I can freeze it because I have shit-ton of turkey left over.
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I'm boring. I just put it on a plate with potatoes and gravy and microwave it. I don't see the need to turn it into something else. 

When you have a lot of it, it will go bad before you can possibly eat reheated leftovers. So things like soup and anything you can freeze and reheat without it being nasty are good reasons to repurpose.
  • Options
    Turkey and rice soup. I don't have a recipe though. I make stock with the bones, then add that to a roux for a nice creamy soup. Wild rice, peas and carrots, turkey, yum.

• Options
    Baguette, turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and mayo.
  • Options
    I mainly make sandwiches with the leftovers but I like to boil the carcass to make a hearty broth for soups. I'm making turkey and stuffing quesadillas tonight with my recreated zucchini squash casserole heated up on the side. Yum!
  • Options
    JordanF13 said:
    I mainly make sandwiches with the leftovers but I like to boil the carcass to make a hearty broth for soups. I'm making turkey and stuffing quesadillas tonight with my recreated zucchini squash casserole heated up on the side. Yum!
    OMG that sounds amazing!

• Options
    Thanks @lolo883 you should try it sometime!
  • Options
    @JordanF13 OMG I need your quesadillas recipe!

@lolo883 Wild rice in turkey soup sounds amazing. I'm going to steal this idea from you.

Yesterday, I had the standard leftover sandwich for lunch (white bread, turkey, mayo, cranberry sauce, stuffing). I boiled up the bones to make a stock, but I haven't made the soup yet. Last night I cooked dinner for 18 - turkey tetrazzini casseroles (with pasta, mushrooms, peas, white wine, garlic, and plenty of parmesan cheese sauce).
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I made turkey chili in the slow cooker yesterday. Chopped up about a pound of the turkey, added drained black beans, kidney beans, hot chili beans, diced tomatoes, onion, and a little chicken broth. I also added ground cumin and some other spices and the leftover roasted root veggies from another Thanksgiving dish. I cooked it on low for about 7 hours and it turned out fabulously!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

I do the same except with all the leftovers. Turkey, potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet and sour green beans and whatever else is leftover all goes on the plate. I have the same giant plate of food for lunch every day of the week and dinner a few times too. My dad does the same thing and others pick out what they want. It is always all gone by the end of the following week. It never gets old!

I do mix it up maybe once or twice and do the turkey and stuffing sandwich because YUM.
  • Options
    I'm going to make stock tomorrow and then make green chile turkey stew with it. I usually make it with chicken, but turkey works just as well. I love to make it almost intollerably hot. Almost :)
  • Options
    So the only leftovers I have left are stuffing, veggies and mashed sweet potatoes. The past two mornings I've done eggs on top of pan fried stuffing, but no idea what to do with the sweet 'taters and veggies. Thinking of making muffins out of the sweet potato but no idea with the root veggies; those will probably just go to waste :(

imageimage

• Options

So the only leftovers I have left are stuffing, veggies and mashed sweet potatoes. The past two mornings I've done eggs on top of pan fried stuffing, but no idea what to do with the sweet 'taters and veggies. Thinking of making muffins out of the sweet potato but no idea with the root veggies; those will probably just go to waste :(

Purée the veggies up with some chicken stock to make soup!

• Options
    All the leftovers mixed together in a grilled cheese sandwich, had it for both lunch and dinner today, carb overload!
  • Options
    We just made turkey chili. We never have turkey; this is the first year in a decade that we've hosted.

I legitimately hate turkey.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    OH best way to eat leftover turkey - chop it up in the food processor, mix with a little mayo and sliced green olives, spread onto Ritz crackers. Yum.

• Options
    We don't have too much Turkey leftover so I'll make sandwiches, which is my favorite thing about turkey anyways. White bread, mayo and trukey heated up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards