Moms and Maids
Options

2 Pregnant Bridesmaids!

I'll be getting married October 10, 2015. 2 of my 4 bridesmaids just told me (within the last week) that they are pregnant! I'm BEYOND excited for both of them, plus it means I'm going to be an aunt (by marriage). They're due in June and July - that's 3 & 4 months before my wedding. Have any of you had experience with pregnant bridesmaids? Stories, please!!! 

Thanks!

Re: 2 Pregnant Bridesmaids!

• Options
    amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    If they're due before your wedding, they won't be "pregnant bridesmaids" at all.

All you have to worry about is that their sizes may change a fair amount after giving birth, as their weight won't be predictable (they might lose a bunch, not lose any, or have it in totally different places than in the past, for example.) You should probably have your bridesmaids each choose their own dresses and choose something off-the-rack or that can be ordered within a week or two (so maybe don't insist on a bridal-salon specific shade or fabric - more like "black, knee-length, not shiny" for example) for this reason. That will let them get something comfortable and well-fitting without the stress of trying to guess their post-partum size in advance or have to worry about a ton of alterations.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I come at this from the other end, but when one of my best friends asked me if I wanted to be a bridesmaid in her wedding - which was just two weeks after my due date - I couldn't say no, so I told her that barring any unforeseen issue, I'd be there with bells on but couldn't commit to the bachelorette party or shower as she lives 4 hours away. That being said, my daughter was born a week late and I still made it to her wedding in the [very altered and not-so-flattering-anymore] dress she'd picked out, so don't worry about it! The women you choose to be your bridesmaids understand how important it is that they be a part of your day, and they'll find a way to make sure they've got their bases covered in terms of babysitters, dress fittings, breastfeeding, etc. Good luck!
  • Options
    My sister was four months pregnant with my niece at my wedding. She was also the officiant and MOH. There weren't too many requests that she had. My color for the dresses was charcoal gray and she fell in love with a silver ball gown that came with pockets. I told her to get it, her comfort was most important to me. She looked radiant that day. Kudos to you for caring about what things you can do to help them. Just ask what they need, they'll certainly appreciate it. And congrats!
  • Options
    i had to ask one of mine to step down bc she told me that she was due the day of my wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    allispainallispain member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    Ameselle said:
    I'll be getting married October 10, 2015. 2 of my 4 bridesmaids just told me (within the last week) that they are pregnant! I'm BEYOND excited for both of them, plus it means I'm going to be an aunt (by marriage). They're due in June and July - that's 3 & 4 months before my wedding. Have any of you had experience with pregnant bridesmaids? Stories, please!!! 

Thanks!
    I'm not sure what your concern is here - they're both due several months before your wedding, so they will no longer be pregnant at that point. Are you worried that they won't be up for participating in showers and bachelorette parties? If so, keep in mind that BMs are not required to participate in those things anyways (though most do choose to). Are you worried about picking out a dress for them? If so, PP gave a good suggestion about letting them pick their own without your color scheme, length, etc.

None of my BMs were pregnant when I got married, but I was a BM in a wedding last year in which 2 were (4 months and 6 months). As far as I know, the fact that they were pregnant did not affect anything regarding the wedding.

ETA - typo
  • Options
    i had to ask one of mine to step down bc she told me that she was due the day of my wedding
    Please tell me you are kidding.

• Options
    My FSIL is pregnant and due in May.  Since the only requirement of being a bridesmaid is showing up on the day of in the dress we all choose, no issues there!  I'm excited for my new niece!

• Options
    It's really heartening to see a bride be excited for her loved ones. Too often we see the flip side, brides freaking out about being upstaged or not fawned over enough at pre-wedding events. You sound awesome, OP. Just keep being a good friend, hearing them out when it comes to pre-wedding accommodations, and you'll be fine
    Just Married!

• Options
    Please tell me you are kidding.
    She's definitely not kidding. I've read her other posts. 
    Anniversary

• Options

How DARE she even think about growing her family around the time of your wedding! Didn't she know 2014 is your year? It's a good thing you asked her to step down. She definitely would've taken attention away from you, just like your mom will with her outfit choice. Better just go ahead and revoke her invitation altogether. The nerve of some people!

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    How exciting for you and your bridesmaids!!  One of my bridesmaids just told me that she and her new husband are going to start trying for a baby soon.  I secretly hope she has a baby bump at my wedding.  I think those pictures would be so cute! Haha maybe I can be a bridezilla and DEMAND that she be pregnant at my wedding :)
  • Options
    My cousin went into labor at her sister's wedding reception.  That's dedication.  lol!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Let's be clear: You didn't have to do anything. You chose to ask her to step down. You're an adult, be mature enough to own your choices please.
  • Options
    I'm seriously hoping my MOH is pregnant at the time of our wedding.  She's had serious fertility issues and has been trying and trying.  It would just add to the day to know my MOH is in bliss about her growing family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One of my BM had a 4 month old by the time our wedding rolled around.  She lived locally where our wedding was being held, so all we did was offer her access to my parent's hotel room so she could pump privately.  If she had wanted to bring the baby with, I wouldn't have minded.  They opted to have her husband at home with the baby during our prep time and then had a sitter for the ceremony/reception.  When the sitter called and said it was fussy time, they left the reception early.  No challenges anywhere.  She also slightly altered her dress to accommodate "the girls" by adding straps.   

Congrats to your friends!
  • Options
    before i asked her to step down she told me she couldnt be in it anyways, she was like im due the day of your wedding sorry. sorry i didnt tell you earlier. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards