Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridal Set: But does the Wedding Band Get lost?! Check out our pictures! Please help:

checca16checca16 member
First Comment
edited November 2014 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Hello All,
  First of Congratulations!
I'm getting married in October, and my engagement ring is a set, we already have my wedding band. On one hand I like that my band and my engagement ring fit well together and look nice, however lately when looking at the Wedding Band I've come to find that I'm feeling it is completely overpowered by the engagement ring. Does it look lost to you? It's my feeling that you ought to be able to see your wedding band clearly... I don't want it to look completely lost!

Thanks for your help!!

Hannah & Michael
10-17-15

Re: Bridal Set: But does the Wedding Band Get lost?! Check out our pictures! Please help:

• Any help would be really super:) I know this is an opinion based question; sorry!
  • At first glance I just think it is all one ring, to be honest, but upon closer inspection I can tell that it is two rings, one of which is presumably a wedding band.  It is up to you.
  • I don't think it gets lost - I like how snug they fit together.  

• Honestly, they aren't really my style, but I can tell it's a set for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can see it's a set and I think it's lovely.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think they look fine together.  With an engagement ring that is that ornate, I think it's going to be difficult to find a band that fits well and stands out on its own.
  • It's a large engagement ring so that's going to overpower nearly any wedding band you put next to it.  That being said, I'd rather have the band complement the engagement ring and it looks nice as a set.
  • The ring doesn't stand out all that much on it's own - it all looks like it goes together well though.  I agree with the previous posts - with how large the e-ring is, you're not really going to be able to get a band that stands out on its own without looking out of place.

Anniversary
  • I think it works well together. :) But all that really matters is that you love it.
  • I think that the set currently looks well balanced. In my opinion, the set would be too big if the band were wider. 
  • I like the way it looks - they're definitely a good match. This is probably seconding (or tenthing by this point) everything previous posters have said, but due to the size and shape of your engagement ring, any wedding band will be hard to make stand out unless you went for double the thickness of your current one...which I personally think would just be way too much on your slender finger. Hope you love it, though! :)
  • Pretty much what the other posters said.  You would need a pretty large and elaborate wedding band to really distinguish it from your e-ring.  When you buy sets what you got is the norm.  The wedding band typically is the same size if not smaller then the e-ring.  Of course you could wear your e-ring on your right hand and get something more substantial for wedding band but I think what you have now is nice.  As long as you like it and know that it is there then that is all that matters.

• I think the wedding band enhances the e-ring as on the band, the diamonds are individually set. That makes it important.
  • The wedding bands stands out. The only way to make it stand out more is if you get a significantly wider wedding band, which if you want diamonds in it like your current band has, you'll probably be looking at some serious $$.  You could go with a plan wider band, but I don't think it would compliment your engagement ring as much then as the current band you have. If you do shop around, make sure you try the wedding band on with your engagment ring to make sure that it fits under your engagement band. Make sure you check the comfort level of the wider band because you don't want your engagement ring up by your knuckle either.

• I have a traditional Tiffany style solitaire.  For the first 25 years, I wore a plain gold wedding ring.  DH gave me a wrap ring on our 25th anniversary.  You can't tell that I am wearing three separate rings together, but it is obvious hat I am married.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    I'm going to disagree with PP.

I don't think you need a wide band to "stand out" from your engagement ring. I think a plain (or with milgrain), very thin (2 mm or less) band would stand out from your engagement ring, but not be  take away from it.

I'm searching for wedding bands right now. Personally, I don't want my wedding band to look just like the shank of my engagement ring (thin, pave band.) I'm thinking about 2mm or less thin platinum bands, or with milgrain, or engraved... or perhaps marquise shapes.

But since your engagement ring is so thick and elaborate, I think plain metal would work best if you want something that stands out more than your current band but doesn't swallow your finger.
  • Your set is definitely my style, so I personally absolutely love the way they look together. My e-ring and wedding band are part of a set as well, and they go together just like yours. I'm thinking about getting a second wedding band to put above it to offset them. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your original question, does the wedding band get lost? No, it is clearly visible!

It looks perfectly aligned with the much larger engagement ring. For the band to be bigger, it would throw off the symmetry.

Aside from that, I really like the set. Think no more, just enjoy it.

• Your set is definitely my style, so I personally absolutely love the way they look together. My e-ring and wedding band are part of a set as well, and they go together just like yours. I'm thinking about getting a second wedding band to put above it to offset them. 

My ring is also part of a set & is very similar to yours & I love it. I do agree that the band doesn't stand out too much but together they look awesome. Perfect fit
  • Yes, but I find that to be true of most wedding bands. That's why I'm breaking with convention and wearing the band and engagement ring on separate hands. This will probably confuse people but we'll see!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards