Chit Chat

What's your favorite brand of jeans?

I'm a terrible shopper, and I need new jeans. I've been wearing the same few pairs of American Eagle jeans for about 9 years and it's starting to show. I went to American Eagle yesterday to try to find a new pair, and I hate that they're all made with so much stretch now. I've tried to jean shop a few times over the years and I've even bought a few, but it seems like the stretchiness doesn't hold up as well and I always go back to my old staples.

So my question: what's your favorite brand of jeans? Is it possible to find a good pair for $50 or under? I'm a size 6 if that helps.

Re: What's your favorite brand of jeans?

• I will have to say my favorite place to get jeans is the gap. They fit me very well and they met all my requirements ha. They didn't have extreme fading, a lot of holes, weren't extremely skinny, the rise was mid, and they were a nice blue. I've washed them several times and they have still kept their shape and color. I love them! Plus since I'm on the shorter side (5'4) it was an added bonus there was no puddle at my feet. They were around 60 dollars but I got the military/student discount and I think they were worth it!
  • And Gap is likely still 50% or maybe 40% off everything today.

I just had to buy all new jeans because it just occurred to me that I look terrible in low rise jeans.  I bought 4+ pairs of Sweetheart jeans from Old Navy because they were $15-20 this weekend.

I'm still counting on starting my diet before the wedding (ahem!) so I didn't want to spend much on what will hopefully be a temporary size!

Before this I've had good luck at Express.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I love my jeans from J. Crew Factory for a less-stretchy, thicker denim.  I usually get them for around $30-40 on sale and with student discount.  I recently bought a pair of extremely stretchy skinny Levi's that I also love, although it sounds like that's not what you're looking for.  I'm a size 6 and 5'4" and the 28 Short in J. Crew fits perfectly.  They're also having an online sale this weekend, I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Pretty much all of my jeans are from American Eagle, so I will be of no help. I also bought a pair of Levi's from Macy's recently and really like them.
  • I'm gonna get judged for this hard but...A&F. They make a plain, dark rinse, not super stretchy "skinny" (more like a straight leg, I think) that I love and that looks great with everything and fits like it was made for me.

I also like my Lucky jeans a lot but they are pretty stretchy so they start to bag out a bit late in the day.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I always bought AEO but im having the same problem recently and they changed their sizes a bit so that too

• Rietmans' jeans (I guess they're called Contrast) and Suzy Shier's jeans (Liquidx, I guess) are all I wear.  
  • I love Lucky Jeans. They are a bit pricey, but if you get them on sale, they'd be around your target price.
  • I'm a tiny person and the only jeans I've been able to find that fit me that are not a million dollars are at Delia's. Last time I shopped there they were about $30 a pair. But I don't wear jeans that much so that was awhile ago. I hear they're going out of business and I don't know what I'm going to do :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Old Navy Sweetheart fit, always. Old Navy jeans are nice because they have several different fits to accommodate different waist/hip ratios, and a bunch of different washes within each fit. And they're cheap as hell and last forever. 
  • Banana republic outlets or on sale. I've also had good luck with Anne Taylor loft.
  • Joes Jeans, Hunny fit. Only ones that will fit my booty without the dreaded "lip" on the waist band when i sit down. Only on sale though, since your target price is my target price, always. But they last forever

imageimage

• I love love love 7 For All Mankind. Their fit is perfectly true to size but they are on the pricey side. However I see it as an investment cause the quality is outstanding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought a few pairs of Maureces jeans and I love them so far!
  • Levi's and Old Navy here too.

• I'm obsessed with Madewell Jeans. They usually have good sales online. Before I found made well I was strictly a Levis girl!  
  • FYI Levis are 40% off site-wide today and if you sign up for emails you'll get a code for another 20% off your whole order. (The email says one item, but it applied to my whole cart.) And free shipping! I got 2 pairs of jeans for $60-something.

• I love Joe's and AG.  Both are expensive, but I've managed to find them pretty cheap at big sales  -the day after Christmas tends to be awesome for this!
  • Lucky has 40% off today by the way. This brings their jeans down to about $59.
  • I'm an Aeropostale girl. I can normally get buy one get one jeans there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for all the tips! I ended up with 2 pairs of Levi's on sale after trying on about 30 pairs of jeans at different stores. Hopefully they'll last another decade!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards