Attire & Accessories Forum

Infinity dresses for bridesmaids?

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any experience with infinity dresses? I found some that are made of chiffon on Etsy, but I don't know if that would be a good option for my BM's. I don't want them to be completely matching, but if this is a good solution it could basically provide them with a dress they could choose the look of themselves without breaking the bank. Can anyone tell me anything about them?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Infinity dresses for bridesmaids?

• We went with the Dessy Twist dress, which is in jersey rather than chiffon.  The girls really liked them, all three looked fabulous, and they were comfortable all night.  My sister even changed hers between pictures and the ceremony.  I had a size 0, a size 10, and a size 12 (nursing mom - baby was 1 month old).

I'm not on a computer with access to my pictures right now, but I can post one when I am.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Thanks! I'd love to see some real-world examples.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Here you go :)  One from our photographer, and one a bit blurry that shows the tops a bit better.  They wore the bandeau top underneath, also, for a bit more coverage.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Thanks so much! Everyone looks lovely. Was it hard to figure out how to use them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have owned several of these type of dresses and they never stayed in position properly no matter how I tied them. Also, impossible to wear a bra with and showed the line of absolutely any underwear worn with it. It would be much easier to just tell your bridesmaids a color and let them pick their own dress.
  • I think infinity dresses tend to look cheap and flimsy.
  • I always feel like the fabric is going to move and it'll be boobs everywhere.  I mean, can you imagine dancing and moving around all night in this:
  • I've never seen a girl in an infinity dress look like she didn't have saggy boobs. Ever. For whatever reason, they just are terribly unflattering to the boobs. Always. Seriously. I have yet to see an exception. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    These dresses are the worst. The absolute worst. I could post real life examples but I like my friends and would post unflatering pictures of them on the inter webs. And also, that is what google is for.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys! Sounds like it's not for me. Like I said, I have zero experience with them. Some of the photos I googled look good but it sounds like you need a decent amount of skill to get that look. I wouldn't want to do that to my BM's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In theory infinity dresses are amazing, but in reality not so much.  The fabric will show every lump, bump and line of undergarment you are wearing.  Also, the fabric does not like to stay tied or in place. These dresses are made (primarily) of jersey material and though jersey won't wrinkle, it is just not the most flattering fabric.  And there is zero structure to these dresses.  They are just strips of fabric cut into some sort of dress shape, so undergarments are a must, unless you like saggy boobs.  But then you go back to the beginning of my post where any and all undergarments will show and a lot of the styles that you tie the dress in are not conducive for most undergarments.  Finally, these dresses tend to be super expensive for what they are.

• What a shame. I took one look at them and thought, "A dress that can look like anything and only costs $60?? That sounds amazing!" But that's why I do research on decisions like that before I jump into them ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• What a shame. I took one look at them and thought, "A dress that can look like anything and only costs $60?? That sounds amazing!" But that's why I do research on decisions like that before I jump into them ;-)
    Yes, they are great in theory because they "fit" all sizes. But I really have never seen anyone look
    good in one. You cant even wear spanks to help smooth out problem areas because you can see the seams.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I own one and the material is very flimsy and shows all undergarments. No matter how many ways I've tried to tie it, I just don't feel it fits right. The extra material also has to be triple or quadruple tied if you're a smaller-sized person. I've never worn it out as I don't feel confident in it.
  • Thanks guys! Sounds like it's not for me. Like I said, I have zero experience with them. Some of the photos I googled look good but it sounds like you need a decent amount of skill to get that look. I wouldn't want to do that to my BM's.
    I'm so glad this is your decision. It's so refreshing to have our advice listened to once in a while. I think Target's bridesmaid line is in a similar price point, so you might look there if you haven't yet.
  • Well I wouldn't ask for advice if I didn't want opinions! :-) Sometimes I don't take people's advice, but only after I've weighed all the options for myself and figured out my needs. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without this site!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• here is the look of a one shoulder strap dress like one of the infinity dresses posted above except my maids were not wearing convertable dresses. they wee in jasmine style L3001 one shoulder chiffon  in color seaglass 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards