Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Vendor Reviews: 11.8.14

I got married on 11/8 and wanted to share some vendor reviews...
Venue: The George Washington Hotel. A+. This venue is a gem. Beautiful soaring ceilings, natural light and tons of details that scream "vintage charm." My husband and I really wanted a venue that made our day convenient for guests (we had a lot of out- of-towners) Our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and after party were all in the same building...just different areas of the hotel. What this accomplished was a unique space for each event, without having guests travel from one place to another. It was also nice that guests could opt to stay at the hotel and not have to worry about getting a ride home or to another hotel. The coordinator, Brad, was a god-send. Ridiculously organized and responsive which was important for me as a true type A. The only negative for me was the condition of the floors in the ballroom. Lots of chopping, which is what you'd expect for such an old venue. 
DJ: DJ Jimmy Mac. A+. If there is one vendor who can make or break your reception...its your DJ. DJ Jimmy Mac was the absolute best. For our dinner music, we gave him a pandora station we like as a basis for our taste in music. He listened to that station enough to pick up on our music style and was right on the money with his selections. For the dance music, he played a nice variety that kept the dance floor bumping all night long. Nicest guy ever. Highly recommend. 
Floral: Budget Blossoms By Jillian: A. Gorgeous floral arrangements, bouquets and bouts at ridiculously low prices. Sometimes tough to reach...but overall great. 
Photography: Third Floor Orchard. A+. Julie was our perfect match. During the planning stages, we was so kind and responsive. Day of-she made us feel ultra comfortable, gave us direction and kept our bridal party in order. Truly went above and beyond for us and the photos are BEAUTIFUL. Very budget friendly also. 
Make Up: A. Afton from Pink City Artistry. I had airbrush make up done and false lashes applied onsite. Afton did a wonderful job. There is a three person minimum which makes it a little tough at $75 per person. My bridesmaids really didn't want to pay 75+ for make up but luckily my mom and sister volunteered. 
Hair: Elisha Evans Styling. A+. I can't say enough great things about Elisha. She styled 4 maids, my mom and me on the big day. She is hilarious, creative and has an incredible way of instantly putting you at ease. Her hair styling is impeccable. You should use her. 
Stationary: Distink Designs. A. Adorable designed. Jocelyn is really nice and accommodating. 
Cake: Frosted. A+. Julie from Frosted is amazingly talented but at the point in her career that she isn't crazy expensive yet. The cake is the best cake Ive ever had and for wedding cake...thats pretty darn great. He prices range from $2-$3 per slice now which is half the price at Bethel Bakery, etc. She also makes vegan cake/cupcakes! 

Re: Vendor Reviews: 11.8.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards