Illinois-Chicago

Need help with reception location!

I'm newly engaged and my fiancé and I are beginning to plan for our wedding! We've decided on Saturday October 17th, 2015 because we want a fall themed wedding. Being a little late to the game, a lot of venues we were looking at are booked already and we don't want to wait until 2016. We wanted the rustic barn look but that's no longer an option. Our next idea was finding some land or a forest preserve (something with lots of space and nature), getting a permit (or renting), and having our wedding in a tent. We figured it would give us the freedom to do what we want and it would give us that amazing fall feel. Our wedding budget is 15K-20K and we live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. We're looking for spots close by. The most we're willing to travel is about an hour away but we'd love to keep it around 30 minutes. With that being said, I have a few questions and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Has anyone had their wedding at a forest preserve and can give any advice?
Does anyone know of any lots or land that we can rent out to have our wedding?
Also, any advice to help us out with having a tent wedding and doing the planning ourselves?

Sorry if this is a lot or too confusing!

Re: Need help with reception location!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards