Honeymoon

XP: Hotel in San Francisco

Denise40Denise40 Montgomery County, Tx
Ninth Anniversary 500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper
We will be doing a cruise out of San Francisco for our honeymoon and want to stay over for 2 nights after cruise and sight see. What are some good hotels?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Hotel in San Francisco

• Location is important.  You may find that two nights in a good San Francisco hotel will cost more than your cruise!  $200 a night is considered a bargain.

Try the Chancellor Hotel on Union Square.  http://www.chancellorhotel.com/

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Denise40Denise40 Montgomery County, Tx
    @CMGragain‌ thanks for the info. I'll check it out. I figured they would be high but that's ok.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelishaamelisha Canadian Texas
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    My last trip to SF we stayed at the InterContinental San Francisco. The location was great, we had a view of the bay, and the room was attractive and very clean and larger than expected for SF. It's not a "romantic" hotel, more modern/business, but it was very nice and we liked it a lot.

I have also had great luck with Kimpton properties there - there are some very interesting ones worth checking out (tons of character!) and the rates are pretty reasonable too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Thank you @amelisha‌ I will check that out also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 Exit 21 (Jersey!)
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    We stayed a couple nights a couple years ago at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.  It was nice and within walking distance to Pier 39, Ghiradelli Square, Lombard Street and Pier 33 (ferry to Alcatrez).  I just checked and we paid almost $275/night (including taxes and fees).
  • JoanE2012 said:
    We stayed a couple nights a couple years ago at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.  It was nice and within walking distance to Pier 39, Ghiradelli Square, Lombard Street and Pier 33 (ferry to Alcatrez).  I just checked and we paid almost $275/night (including taxes and fees).
    We stayed there, too.  DH loved their included full breakfast buffet.  Great location, but older building.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Just be sure to check bedbugregistry.com and check yelp (search for bed bugs) before you book. I say this as a longtime SF resident. Trust me.
    Thanks for the info
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenijoyk said:
    Just be sure to check bedbugregistry.com and check yelp (search for bed bugs) before you book. I say this as a longtime SF resident. Trust me.
    DH is a nervous traveler, and he always checks behind the behind the mattress for signs of bed bugs before settling into a room, even on a cruise ship!  Bed bugs are usually brought in by other guests.  A perfectly clean hotel can be infected from someone visiting from another part of the country.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    Denise40
  • WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl The Cold North
    Tenth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    We stayed at the Orchard Hotel, a block or two from Union Square.  It was beside a cable/street car stop, so good access to things, but yup, it was pricy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Try priceline, seriously.  I live in the bay, and when I was living elsewhere and coming home to visit family, I always got really good deals on priceline. Just choose the area you want, and choose a 4 star.  I once got the Hyatt in Embarcadero (right across from the Ferry building for $75.00 a night.  I got a fisherman's wharf hotel for $80 once.   They were both easily $300-400 a night hotels.  just make sure you bid on a higher star hotel, and you'll be fine.
    Denise40kat1114
  • I would also look on Hotwire too. There are website that will help you figure out what property it is too (try BetterBidding).

Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We stayed in the SW Hotel in Chinatown for a week for under $1500 (can't remember how much a night)!  It was nothing over-the-top, but clean and pleasant.  It's right on the edge of North Beach and was within walking distance of Union Square, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Lombard St - all the touristy stuff, if that's what you're looking for!  Plus, lots of delicious restaurants around.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards