Chit Chat

Today's bitchfest

2»

Re: Today's bitchfest

• I just want to hug you, Wanda. Lots going on. :( Of course, if you ask my boss, he'll tell you I'm a plague-bearer and to stay well, well away. I have a cough. No fever, no other symptoms, just a cough. It is my standard weather-change cough. It occurs when the weather warms up in the spring - comorbid with my seasonal allergies - and when it cools down in the winter - sans the seasonal allergies as a good explanation. It has done this ev.uh.ry year since 2009 when I had pneumonia. I understand that he's concerned. He has a new grandbaby on the way, due in about a month, and he's going to be around it when it's all eensie weensie and new and defenseless. However, I do think he ought to get that I do know what my body is doing, I know exactly what it is, and I know it is NOT. CONTAGIOUS. as I have this cough twice a year every year. If I had insurance, I'd go to the doctor just to shut him up, but my new insurance won't kick in until January, and I can't afford an uninsured office visit just to be given a steroid shot and a prescription for codeinated cough syrup that I won't fill. Also we had a client send us 200 text messages out of order and I spent the morning putting them back in order. I had strings of paper spread across our waiting room for about half of my 8-hour day.
    WUT.  Why was a client even sending you 200 strings of text messages at once?  Have they never heard of email?! 

• *Hugs*

My mom receives disability checks as well, and she could not survive on her own financially without my dad earning most of the money. Makes you wonder where our taxes go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• levioosa said:

I just want to hug you, Wanda. Lots going on. :(

Of course, if you ask my boss, he'll tell you I'm a plague-bearer and to stay well, well away. I have a cough. No fever, no other symptoms, just a cough. It is my standard weather-change cough. It occurs when the weather warms up in the spring - comorbid with my seasonal allergies - and when it cools down in the winter - sans the seasonal allergies as a good explanation. It has done this ev.uh.ry year since 2009 when I had pneumonia.

I understand that he's concerned. He has a new grandbaby on the way, due in about a month, and he's going to be around it when it's all eensie weensie and new and defenseless. However, I do think he ought to get that I do know what my body is doing, I know exactly what it is, and I know it is NOT. CONTAGIOUS. as I have this cough twice a year every year. If I had insurance, I'd go to the doctor just to shut him up, but my new insurance won't kick in until January, and I can't afford an uninsured office visit just to be given a steroid shot and a prescription for codeinated cough syrup that I won't fill.

Also we had a client send us 200 text messages out of order and I spent the morning putting them back in order. I had strings of paper spread across our waiting room for about half of my 8-hour day.

WUT.  Why was a client even sending you 200 strings of text messages at once?  Have they never heard of email?! 

---mobile quote box fix---

They all came by email, attached as screenshots. Fiveish to each email, a total of 30ish emails. So it was really only about 150, I guess. They're text convos our client had with the opposing party, and Bossman needs them to prove the two had a written agreement.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • If there is a bitchfest going on, I'll be the guest of honor, because I have a whole lot of bad/ugly/unjust going on here. Just one of those times in life when you wonder how some people can live with themselves, and why they just don't die and quit wasting valuable oxygen that could be used by decent people. 
    So much anger. So much sad. Ugly crying till my face is raw and hurting. No fun here.

Thinking about doing a Game of Thrones theme for Christmas. Red Christmas. Don't mind me, I'll be in the kitchen sharpening the knives. 
  • If there is a bitchfest going on, I'll be the guest of honor, because I have a whole lot of bad/ugly/unjust going on here. Just one of those times in life when you wonder how some people can live with themselves, and why they just don't die and quit wasting valuable oxygen that could be used by decent people. 
    So much anger. So much sad. Ugly crying till my face is raw and hurting. No fun here.

Thinking about doing a Game of Thrones theme for Christmas. Red Christmas. Don't mind me, I'll be in the kitchen sharpening the knives. 
    *Hugs*

Aww, mama-san. I will help you bake cookies or sharpen knives, whichever you think will help more. <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • You're all sweet!

We can actually afford to make up MIL's shortfall, assuming she backs off on trying to feed everyone and take her grandkids places. We just weren't prepared for a pile of unpaid utilities and 3 months of back rent.

I think we'll end up giving her money monthly and avoiding any other entanglement. While she has very little, she's not very good at managing it. We're not willing to sacrifice our future over her poor financial judgement, something DH has done once before.
  • Inkdancer said:

If there is a bitchfest going on, I'll be the guest of honor, because I have a whole lot of bad/ugly/unjust going on here. Just one of those times in life when you wonder how some people can live with themselves, and why they just don't die and quit wasting valuable oxygen that could be used by decent people. 

Aww, mama-san. I will help you bake cookies or sharpen knives, whichever you think will help more. <3

What about a hybrid approach? Cookies with shards of metal?

*hugs*

Awwww I'm sorry Knottie-Mama!  Sounds like they need some cookies good enough for King Joffrey.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I attended a club luncheon today.  I didn't know that I was scheduled to be the entertainment.  (You musicians out there will understand!)  It was supposed to be a sing-a-long Christmas carol party.  The pianist had practiced, but she didn't use a church hymnal where songs are written in singable keys.  She used a book that was easy to play.  My operatic voice (the shreds that are left) stuck out like a sore thumb.  I should have just sat there quietly.  After a few, they asked me to stand and sing the rest of the songs.  Thank goodness "O Holy Night" wasn't on the list.  I was totally embarrassed at my poor performance.  Damn!  I really wish I had stayed home!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Sorry you ladies are going through dumb crap. Aside from my papa, life's good.  Well, I have to pay rent late this time because of a few unforseen things, so that sucks. But only by a few days.
  • steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    My grandfather (the one who had a stroke last week) had a fall yesterday because he's been getting weaker. He's in hospital and it's pretty much certain that he'll never go home (he could be discharged to another facility if he starts to get stronger). We've asked that the doctors only provide comfort measures.

Still trying to come to terms with doggy's cancer. She seems to be doing quite well, though. Energy-wise, you wouldn't know anything's wrong. They're hoping to start chemo next week.

I'm worried about how my mom, who is extremely close to her dad and the dog, Is reacting to the above problems. She's prone to depression at the best of times, and it would be so easy for this to send her over the edge. It looks like it's already heading that way.

On a less serious note, I can't get the fruit pulp out of the bottom of the chinois strainer that I JUST bought.

I also just cut my back/shoulder blade on a wire shelf when bending over in our cramped little storage area.

ETA
    And I just got a text from my dad saying my grandpa will likely die in the next few days. He said I shouldn't go visit, since I saw him on the weekend and seeing him the way he is now would only upset me.

• I am at work and I don't want to be.  Actually I never want to be at work.  I was not meant to work.  I have never envisioned myself having a career.  I don't go out of my way to do extra.  I do my job and I go home.  When I clock out at 5 I am clocked out.  No bringing work home.  No checking emails and taking phone calls.  I only work because I have to.  If I could stay home I would be beyond happy.  So my bitchfest is about being an adult and having to do things you don't want to do because you have bills to pay.  Being an adult sometimes sucks ass.
    So much this!!! hahaha can't I just be a DR and deliver babies as well as be a mommy and wife and have Olivia Pope's/Dr. Montgomery's Closet? I love being in med school, and I love my end goal, I just dont like end of block nor basic sciences haha and I dont want to work per se, I just want to deliver babies!  

• steph861 said:
    My grandfather (the one who had a stroke last week) had a fall yesterday because he's been getting weaker. He's in hospital and it's pretty much certain that he'll never go home (he could be discharged to another facility if he starts to get stronger). We've asked that the doctors only provide comfort measures. Still trying to come to terms with doggy's cancer. She seems to be doing quite well, though. Energy-wise, you wouldn't know anything's wrong. They're hoping to start chemo next week. I'm worried about how my mom, who is extremely close to her dad and the dog, Is reacting to the above problems. She's prone to depression at the best of times, and it would be so easy for this to send her over the edge. It looks like it's already heading that way. On a less serious note, I can't get the fruit pulp out of the bottom of the chinois strainer that I JUST bought. I also just cut my back/shoulder blade on a wire shelf when bending over in our cramped little storage area. ETA And I just got a text from my dad saying my grandpa will likely die in the next few days. He said I shouldn't go visit, since I saw him on the weekend and seeing him the way he is now would only upset me.
    Oh honey, I'm so sorry!

Sending lots of warm thoughts your way! Hug!
  • I just want to hug you, Wanda. Lots going on. :( Of course, if you ask my boss, he'll tell you I'm a plague-bearer and to stay well, well away. I have a cough. No fever, no other symptoms, just a cough. It is my standard weather-change cough. It occurs when the weather warms up in the spring - comorbid with my seasonal allergies - and when it cools down in the winter - sans the seasonal allergies as a good explanation. It has done this ev.uh.ry year since 2009 when I had pneumonia. I understand that he's concerned. He has a new grandbaby on the way, due in about a month, and he's going to be around it when it's all eensie weensie and new and defenseless. However, I do think he ought to get that I do know what my body is doing, I know exactly what it is, and I know it is NOT. CONTAGIOUS. as I have this cough twice a year every year. If I had insurance, I'd go to the doctor just to shut him up, but my new insurance won't kick in until January, and I can't afford an uninsured office visit just to be given a steroid shot and a prescription for codeinated cough syrup that I won't fill. Also we had a client send us 200 text messages out of order and I spent the morning putting them back in order. I had strings of paper spread across our waiting room for about half of my 8-hour day.
    Your boss is nuts. If he wants you to be well, then he has to provide insurance!

I had similar issues with my old job--they'd be furious if the assistants were late due to the only train that we can take being shut down suddenly, but they were unwilling to pay us the kind of wage a person would need to be paid to live in Manhattan, so fuck 'em, ya know? 
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • steph861 said:
    My grandfather (the one who had a stroke last week) had a fall yesterday because he's been getting weaker. He's in hospital and it's pretty much certain that he'll never go home (he could be discharged to another facility if he starts to get stronger). We've asked that the doctors only provide comfort measures. Still trying to come to terms with doggy's cancer. She seems to be doing quite well, though. Energy-wise, you wouldn't know anything's wrong. They're hoping to start chemo next week. I'm worried about how my mom, who is extremely close to her dad and the dog, Is reacting to the above problems. She's prone to depression at the best of times, and it would be so easy for this to send her over the edge. It looks like it's already heading that way. On a less serious note, I can't get the fruit pulp out of the bottom of the chinois strainer that I JUST bought. I also just cut my back/shoulder blade on a wire shelf when bending over in our cramped little storage area. ETA And I just got a text from my dad saying my grandpa will likely die in the next few days. He said I shouldn't go visit, since I saw him on the weekend and seeing him the way he is now would only upset me.
    Oh honey, I'm so sorry!

Sending lots of warm thoughts your way! Hug!
    Thanks. I'm sorry you're having such a shitty time as well. Lots of hugs back!

• I just want to hug you, Wanda. Lots going on. :( 

Of course, if you ask my boss, he'll tell you I'm a plague-bearer and to stay well, well away. I have a cough. No fever, no other symptoms, just a cough. It is my standard weather-change cough. It occurs when the weather warms up in the spring - comorbid with my seasonal allergies - and when it cools down in the winter - sans the seasonal allergies as a good explanation. It has done this ev.uh.ry year since 2009 when I had pneumonia. 

I understand that he's concerned. He has a new grandbaby on the way, due in about a month, and he's going to be around it when it's all eensie weensie and new and defenseless. However, I do think he ought to get that I do know what my body is doing, I know exactly what it is, and I know it is NOT. CONTAGIOUS. as I have this cough twice a year every year. If I had insurance, I'd go to the doctor just to shut him up, but my new insurance won't kick in until January, and I can't afford an uninsured office visit just to be given a steroid shot and a prescription for codeinated cough syrup that I won't fill.

Also we had a client send us 200 text messages out of order and I spent the morning putting them back in order. I had strings of paper spread across our waiting room for about half of my 8-hour day.
    Your boss is nuts. If he wants you to be well, then he has to provide insurance!

I had similar issues with my old job--they'd be furious if the assistants were late due to the only train that we can take being shut down suddenly, but they were unwilling to pay us the kind of wage a person would need to be paid to live in Manhattan, so fuck 'em, ya know? 
    Well, to be fair, he really is a fantastic boss. He's just teasing me with the "plague-bringer" crap. And I'm his only employee, so providing me insurance is really not even an option.

He did offer to send me to one of his doctor buddies on his dime today. I'm thinking about asking him to cover part of my insurance cost after it takes effect, but I probably won't - I already get the Obamacare subsidy, so it's hardly fair for me to ask him to subsidize it any further.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm coming late to this post, but I thought I'd add my bitch into the mix. 

FI files for an extension on his taxes, filed at the beginning of Oct. Around the beginning of November we submitted an inquiry because he hadn't gotten his check. IRS said they'd send a replacement or a copy of the check if it was cashed. 

Yesterday I got it in the mail (he's in the city at work for the week). It's a photocopy of the check with his name signed on the back. Cashed by a stranger. Doesn't even remotely look like his signature. Don't they require some sort of ID for this shit???? So now we have to fill out these forms saying it's not him and he didn't get it (with a handwriting sample) so that the IRS can launch an investigation and (hopefully) get us the money back. 

I hope they nail this bastard. Such rage.
  • edited December 2014

I'm coming late to this post, but I thought I'd add my bitch into the mix. 

FI files for an extension on his taxes, filed at the beginning of Oct. Around the beginning of November we submitted an inquiry because he hadn't gotten his check. IRS said they'd send a replacement or a copy of the check if it was cashed. 

Yesterday I got it in the mail (he's in the city at work for the week). It's a photocopy of the check with his name signed on the back. Cashed by a stranger. Doesn't even remotely look like his signature. Don't they require some sort of ID for this shit???? So now we have to fill out these forms saying it's not him and he didn't get it (with a handwriting sample) so that the IRS can launch an investigation and (hopefully) get us the money back. 

I hope they nail this bastard. Such rage.
    Ugh that's so annoying! I'm pretty sure it says right on the check that ID and endorsing in person are required.

• Today I'm mad/sad/smad that I discovered the photographer my FI and I both loved is way more expensive than we're willing to pay. I mean, photography is one of my splurge items, but we're talking well above splurge into "What do these people do for a living that they can afford this?" money. Sigh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• shandlynshandlyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Sorry to hear about everyone's issues. Life can be a real bitch sometimes. 

My bitchfest today is that my FMIL continues to give me super unsolicited advice about how to raise the puppy FI and I have just purchased. There are a whole lot of "When I had my dog 20 years ago we did x,y,z". In addition, she continues to do things and feed him things that I have repeatedly asked her not to do. Caaaaan't wait to have kids. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shandlyn said:

My bitchfest today is that my FMIL continues to give me super unsolicited advice about how to raise the puppy FI and I have just purchased. There are a whole lot of "When I had my dog 20 years ago we did x,y,z". In addition, she continues to do things and feed him things that I have repeatedly asked her not to do. Caaaaan't wait to have kids. 

OMG THAT PUPPY

Anniversary
  • shandlyn said:

2 things:

1. That lil' puppin is SO FUCKING CUTE

2. My FILs do the same shit with my dog and it drives me nuts.

Welcome to the party. Inconsistency during training is fucking infuriating and it takes a lot of work to get the shit worked out. Thanks a ton, FILs!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I just want to hug you, Wanda. Lots going on. :( 

Well, to be fair, he really is a fantastic boss. He's just teasing me with the "plague-bringer" crap. And I'm his only employee, so providing me insurance is really not even an option.

He did offer to send me to one of his doctor buddies on his dime today. I'm thinking about asking him to cover part of my insurance cost after it takes effect, but I probably won't - I already get the Obamacare subsidy, so it's hardly fair for me to ask him to subsidize it any further.
    That is very sweet. I retract my ire!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards