Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Meet & Greet Drinks

Just really detailed our budget, AHHH I'M OUT OF CONTROL! For those that did a meet and greet, did you provide drinks? Obviously offering to everyone will be costly. I thought about doing two drinks but this could still add up. Would it be bad, to say Apps provided; dinner/drinks on your own? Just trying to figure out ways to cut down on my budget (I budgeted $1000 for 40 people). 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Meet & Greet Drinks

• Options
    I am not sure if you are trying to go some where or if you were doing something in suite.

If you are doing insuite I would just pick up some alcohol and some appetizer trays from Costco or Walmart. 

If you are trying to do it at a place, look into the lounges at the hotels. Order some appetizers maybe and let them get their own dinner and drinks. 

• Options
    Where are you thinking of doing it at?
  • Options
    is this insuite or at an establishment? 
  • Options
    I am thinking of going somewhere. Where I'm not sure as everyone wants to do a damn minimum. I was just thinking of dropping in somewhere like El Segundo, Carlos & Charlies, or Holsteins. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got around minimums by not doing it in a private area. Hard Rock Cafe was fairly inexpensive and their prices include tax and gratuity, starting at $20pp (not including drinks). Drink tickets start at $7.25 and go up to $9.25 for premium brand. They also have appetizers as well if you wanted to provide more drinks than food. Our plan (at the time) was do dinner and first rounds on us (since we're having an open bar later).
  • Options
    We are having our rehearsal dinner at Holstein's, and even without a private area there is a $50 pp minimum. Since we are planning on covering dinner and drinks for 2 hours, I don't think we will have a problem meeting the minimum... but I still wish it were lower!
  • Options
    See I'm having a problem with the minimum as it is optional and I would expect people to come say "hi" then leave. I don't want to pay $50pp for someone who is staying for a drink and a bite. Damn minimums haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you can do a meet and greet in a suite...I highly recommend it! We did ours before the dinner hour and it was so nice and relaxing. Our guests then headed out for dinner and Absinth and I think they all appreciated having a couple hours in a nice suite with a cocktail before heading out
  • Options
    Hmmm...maybe I will look into using my mom's suite at Platinum for the meet & greet. I was just hoping to not have to do any setup/clean up lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It was so easy with Jasons Deli and a large trash bag. Or slipping the housekeeper money totally helped. There was really no set up. I don't have any earthly idea how people do it for te reception though. THAT would be a lot of work! For the meet and greet it was perfect though. We spent about 200 on food and had cheese, meat, veggies, fruit. Another 50 or so on alcohol. We bought a big black box chardonnay and some beer. Perfect! Ours was only 2 hours long though and it was 4-6, so before dinnertime.
  • Options
    That sounds perfect and budget friendly. That sounds like the way to go :) Now to see about suites at Flamingo and Platinum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards