Wedding Reception Forum
Options

I need linen help!

FI, my Mom and I really want to get nicer linens.  I have an appt at a rental company's showroom this wknd, but I'm kind of clueless as to what I'm looking for.  I want something that looks nice and is floor length.  The venue has beautiful brown chivari chairs. 

I'm getting married in September and my color scheme is chocolate brown w touches of gold, red, orange and yellow. 

What type of fabric should I be looking for?  Here's a link to my venue.

http://www.thedorrance.com/weddings-and-functions/

Re: I need linen help!

• Options
    What types of linens does your rental company provide?

A pintuck linen is nice...

And so is a shalimar...

Personally if you aren't going with polyester I would go for a linen that has some texture to it or a pattern.  There are plain satin linens but those will show wrinkles very easily.

I am not sure of your overall budget, but just keep in mind that linen rentals can start adding up so even though they can be very pretty your guests may not really notice a difference between a plain polyester in say orange and a shalimar or pintuck in orange.  All they will see is the color.  Just something to think about.

• Options
    Oh, wow! I really like those two! Good point on the satin. The rental company's  website is pretty limited and doesn't even give a list of the types they provide, which is why I'm clueless here.  Thank you for giving me a starting point. 
  • Options
    I did a matte satin for my table linens and then I had a lace overlay on top of them. I really just think it depends on what type of look you are going for. I know when I went to the rental company they had a big round table and they put the linens I was looking at on the table and set it for me so I could see what it was going to look like. Hopefully the place you go will do that for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards