Destination Weddings Discussions

Luxe Destination Weddings

My Fiance and I are planning a destination wedding in either Jamaica or Mexico for early 2016 and have come across Luxe Destination Weddings to help us. I've read some reviews and most aren't on the positive side - is anyone currently working with them or have any experience with them to help us make a decision? We're based in Ottawa, Canada so if you have any recommendations (if Luxe is not one of them) as to who to contact, that would be great!

Re: Luxe Destination Weddings

• I'm currently working with Luxe to plan my wedding in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. The planning side of helping me select decor and designing my overall look has been fabulous. The travel side of arranging our guests hotel reservations etc... is a nightmare! They use a 3rd party "supplier" that has inflated rates and terrible hidden policies that has screwed over so many of our guests. This was not communicated to us from the beginning at all, it feels very shady now. We feel so bad we are not in any control at this point. Our guests that were smart enough to check into other options have found way better rates and flexible options by booking on their own. I would probably not recommend their services. 
  • I am also working with Luxe to plan my wedding. I would have to agree with LBtaylor. The actual décor/wedding planning gside of things has been great but the TA side has been a bit of a nightmare. I have redirected my guests to another route for booking travel.
  • We are currently planning our wedding in Cancun at the JW Marriott and hired one of their recommended planners called The Art of Eventing.

I don't know much about Luxe but I'd highly recommend a local planner.  I'd be hesitate to hire someone that wasn't from the area and didn't speak the language fluently/know the native customs.  If you decide on Cancun we have been very happy with Mariel and Paolina from "The Art of Eventing".  They have quick correspondence and good tips with getting the most for our money and they know recommended vendors which I think is a huge plus.  They organized a full day of appointments for us and drove us to various rehearsal sites in the area during our planning visit.  I'd highly recommend them.  My wedding is still 3 months away but I can't imagine planning without them:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards