Chit Chat

Burlap and lace

I have a Pinterest that I rarely use. Overall I think it could be a useful tool but I just don't have the energy to maintain it myself. I keep seeing "burlap and lace" on these boards in reference to Pinterest wedding ideas, and just could not picture it. Finally decided to Google image search...

WTF? On what planet is that attractive? How did this start? Is this some kind of weird hipster thing, juxtaposing something fancy with something generally used to create bags for animal feed?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Burlap and lace

• The title of this thread made me cringe, lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Judge me all you want. I really love how our florist decorated the stairwell in our venue. But then again, I just have an obsession with our florist general. She was pretty phenomenal.

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    The title of this thread made me cringe, lol.
    Oh, god, I know. I was like "Oh, please, no. I thought this trend was starting to go away!" 

@lolo883 I'm not quoting that in the hopes that nobody else sees it and starts getting any ideas. GROSS. 
  • I have a great idea for the next big thing though. Gravel and feathers. It's gonna be all the rage.
    This just made me laugh! 

Not gonna lie, when I first got engaged someone had talked about burlap table runners, and I was like "oh that could be cute?" Until I saw burlap in person and was like "oh potato sacks." and then the burlap started to shred and pull apart and got little fibers everywhere and I was like "why the fuck would you put this on a table where food is?" 

After many trips to hobby stores and fabric stores and Pinterest, I have come to very much despise burlap. 
  • Burlap and lace needs to DIAF. 
  • IMO the worst is when it's on the cake.

Because ewww. Who wants to eat that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• esstee33 said:
    Oh, god, I know. I was like "Oh, please, no. I thought this trend was starting to go away!" 

@lolo883 I'm not quoting that in the hopes that nobody else sees it and starts getting any ideas. GROSS. 
    Maybe you prefer gravel and chandeliers?

I need to have a PIP RE-FUCKING-DO stat! I deserve all that glorious gravel and those chandeleirs! This will be my dress:

Because I will need to keep it klassy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • esstee33 said:

I need to have a PIP RE-FUCKING-DO stat! I deserve all that glorious gravel and those chandeleirs! This will be my dress:

Because I will need to keep it klassy.

I just realized there are no chairs. WTF?

• blabla89 said:
    IMO the worst is when it's on the cake.

Oh no. No no no no. Part of me just died. First it puked, then it died. 
  • OH MY GOD LOLO. 

I'm so horrified by that I'm actually laughing. Like, nervous laughter. 
  • esstee33 said:

I didn't even notice the lack of chairs right away...all I could do was just think about how pissed I'd be if I wore nice heels!
    *********************************************************************************

• edited December 2014
    esstee33 said:

I didn't even notice the lack of chairs right away...all I could do was just think about how pissed I'd be if I wore nice heels!
    HOW DARE YOU ASK ME TO SACRIFICE MY VISION! A VISION OF DUST AND SPRAINED ANKLES WITH CHANDELIERS. BECAUSE IT'S MY DAAAAYYYYY.

• esstee33 said:

HOW DARE YOU ASK ME TO SACRIFICE MY VISION! A VISION OF DUST AND SPRAINED ANKLES WITH CHANDELIERS. BECAUSE IT'S MY DAAAAYYYYY.
    Surely no one will sprain their ankles because you provided your guests with the required dress code, right? Omg if any of them don't stick to it I will just DIE! If just ONE person dresses wrong, my day is ruined! 
  • If you want to take the guess-work out of it, Walmart sells this:

Anniversary

• esstee33 said:

That looks super unsafe. Those chandeliers look way too heavy to just be hang out up there...
  • If you want to take the guess-work out of it, Walmart sells this:

I saw a whole rack of these at Walmart back when I was planning. I stopped to take a picture of it and DH said "Ew, you're not going to buy that, are you?" I laughed and said "No- I have to snark about it on TK!" 

• blabla89 said:
    IMO the worst is when it's on the cake.

Ok, so when I first saw this, something about the perspective made me think it was sitting on the floor, and I thought it was a GIANT FUCKING BURLAP CAKE as tall as a person. Then I finally re-focused and figured out why it seemed that way.

Carry on.
  • jenna8984 said:
    If you want to take the guess-work out of it, Walmart sells this:

I saw a whole rack of these at Walmart back when I was planning. I stopped to take a picture of it and DH said "Ew, you're not going to buy that, are you?" I laughed and said "No- I have to snark about it on TK!" 
    I took a picture of this ugly ass orange chevron burlap ribbon that was leftover from a previous wedding at my venue for the sole purpose of snarking on it on TK.  I think I posted it before in the aforementioned thread on SB, but here it is again, just for fun! ;)

• One of the sites at my venue has a gravel floor... I didn't think it would be such a big deal!image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Lolo, gravel and feathers just makes me think of poor little roadkill. As such, I think it would only be appropriate if you paired it with fish centerpieces.
  • lc07 said:

Lolo, gravel and feathers just makes me think of poor little roadkill. As such, I think it would only be appropriate if you paired it with fish centerpieces.

YUSSSSSSS. It's so nautical. Add some beach glass with the washed up fish skeletons.

• Lolo, gravel and feathers just makes me think of poor little roadkill. As such, I think it would only be appropriate if you paired it with fish centerpieces.
    YUSSSSSSS. It's so nautical. Add some beach glass with the washed up fish skeletons.

And send the invitation as being hosted by the deceased. But in this case the couple's deceased pet. (Have I crossed the line yet?)

And send the invitation as being hosted by the deceased. But in this case the couple's deceased pet. (Have I crossed the line yet?)
    I'm 4/5 of the way into a bottle of Chianti; there's no line. Ziggy the gerbil would truly be honored by your presence.

I love it. Kitty would like to invite y'all but to a seance. Also, my wine bottles come in 1/3 increments. Not 4 glasses and certainly not 5.
  • edited December 2014
    Lolo, gravel and feathers just makes me think of poor little roadkill. As such, I think it would only be appropriate if you paired it with fish centerpieces.

I'm 4/5 of the way into a bottle of Chianti; there's no line. Ziggy the gerbil would truly be honored by your presence.

I love it. Kitty would like to invite y'all but to a seance. Also, my wine bottles come in 1/3 increments. Not 4 glasses and certainly not 5.
    OK I was being generous. This is all that's left.

• Um.. I am in love with your table/room. Please elaborate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards