Knottie Tech Help

Privacy settings...?

kipper88kipper88 member
5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
edited December 2014 in Knottie Tech Help
Got an alert from Google that our honeymoon registry and our wedding website is showing up in Google search results.  This is unacceptable and I never signed up for that.  There are certain people who do not need to know when and where our wedding is, but a simple Google search will tell them all of that. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Privacy settings...?

• Hi @knskaife,

I've updated your account so your registry can no longer be found through search engines, the only other way to protect your information is by password protecting your site by going to "My Website" and selecting "password-protect" on the left side. You will then need to check the boxes under "manage my website" to select the pages your want protected. 

I do have to let you know though, unless you change your full names from your account information, search engines can still pull the information, although random visitors that don't have the password won't be able to view the site's details. It can also take a day or two for all the search engines to update once all of these changes are made.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

Thank You!
    KR
  • I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM - EMAILED TWO DAYS AGO AND ALSO JUST POSTED ON HERE - HELP!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards