Chit Chat

What did you accomplish today, big or small?

2»

Re: What did you accomplish today, big or small?

• I actually did a good deal of spreadsheets at work since I put them all off on Friday. And I did dishes, which I hate doing.

@smiledamnit woohoo!!!

• @steph861 @aray82 Thanks. I really hate depression. It's only going to get worse if I don't get off my ass and get my work done, but it makes it hard to do just that!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I went to the store and didn't buy/devour an entire box of these like a crazy lady:

And I didn't go to Chipotle even though I drove right past it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I went to the store and didn't buy/devour an entire box of these like a crazy lady:

Hey! This is what I had for breakfast. With a 16 oz. triple shot latte. Two of them. I am ashamed.

I think the tree is finished. 

I meant to clear the mess this afternoon, sat down to make a list, and fell asleep. Deep, serious sleeping through phone calls the whole afternoon kind of sleep. Now I'm pissed, because I want to be done, and my sleep patterns will be all funky. 

• beethery said:
    I went to the store and didn't buy/devour an entire box of these like a crazy lady:

Kroger had them 3 for $5, so I got all three flavors!

My accomplishment was spending all morning at the vet with my sick dog and all afternoon picking up one of his prescriptions without crying/losing my mind when I had to wander around wally world for half an hour waiting on medicine.

• beethery said:

Hey! This is what I had for breakfast. With a 16 oz. triple shot latte. Two of them. I am ashamed.

I think the tree is finished. 

I meant to clear the mess this afternoon, sat down to make a list, and fell asleep. Deep, serious sleeping through phone calls the whole afternoon kind of sleep. Now I'm pissed, because I want to be done, and my sleep patterns will be all funky. 

They are my favorite and I can destroy a box of them in like 5 minutes. I gotta decorate the tree tonight, once FI stops playing his video game I'll make him help me.

Another accomplishment today will be if I don't have a heart attack from this damn video game. Alien robot bitches swarming and shooting at ya. Nopeydoodles.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I helped out with gift wrap at work and was still in a good mood when I stopped helping them like, 2 hours later.

I picked up more chocolate to continue working on truffles. 

And when I got home (like, 20 minutes ago) I put a load of laundry in the washer before I sat down at the computer.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    I helped out with gift wrap at work and was still in a good mood when I stopped helping them like, 2 hours later.

I picked up more chocolate to continue working on truffles. 

And when I got home (like, 20 minutes ago) I put a load of laundry in the washer before I sat down at the computer.
    Oh shit you just reminded me that I started laundry before I left this morning. Better put that in the dryer. Thanks!

• I didn't kill my husband. Huge accomplishment. HUGE. Massively huge.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I didn't kill my husband. Huge accomplishment. HUGE. Massively huge.

Do tell!
  • Aray82 said:
    esstee33 said:
    I wrote many Yelp reviews, finished eating the leftover chips from Moe's last night, called Goodwill to schedule a furniture donation pickup even though the lady wasn't there and probably won't call me back, so I'll have to do it again. I also researched where to park for my job interview tomorrow and studied the train schedule to see if it would be more intelligent to take the train from my new apartment (probably not this time, but it'll be great for when we're going downtown on an ordinary day or for events). Also also I remembered to make decaf after lunch instead of regular so I'm not jazzed as fuck all night when I need to go to sleep early. 

Now I'm going to my work event at which there is an open bar and awesome apps for two straight hours, so I'm going to get real close and personal with a dirty martini and some bacon-wrapped scallops ASAP. I will consider it an accomplishment if I can still walk when I leave. 
    Wow, you did ALL THE THINGS! And I'm jealous of your work party. I wish more places actually made decaf in the afternoons. Our local coffee place doesn't because they say no one orders it--really?
    Work party was pretty fun, although the apps weren't as good as anticipated. I still ate lots of them anyway. Friday's work party is the big one, so it'll be even better. Mmmmm, prime rib. 

We have instant coffee at work, so there's always one regular and one decaf. I try real hard to remember to not have regular after lunch, but sometimes I forget. 
  • I made it through tea time at my granny's. She always tries to stuff me with cakes and tea and then tells me I have to stay slim to fit in my dress. Pffff. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    I made it through tea time at my granny's. She always tries to stuff me with cakes and tea and then tells me I have to stay slim to fit in my dress. Pffff. 
    I think you accidentally posted in the wrong place.  This sounds more like a FWP ;)

ETA: Just want to clarify that's supposed to be a joke.  I don't think my humor works right early in the morning!

• When I was talking back toward my office and this lady was telling me to be careful because it's icy. So I smiled and said I would be, well I kept walking towards her and she grabbed onto my arm like she thought she was going to fall and she started marching down the road holding onto me.

I ended up walking with her most of the way down the street so she wouldn't slip. Good deed for the day.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I got some work done at work.  I emailed out a bunch of documents I need my former law schools and professors to fill out for my bar applications.  I just finished some legal research and drafting for a pro bono client I'm really excited about, so I'm happy to get that done and be one step closer to helping him out.  I actually made it home by 7:15 and cooked dinner and ate with Fi and K.

Big accomplishment: I called two lawyers about my orthodontist fuckery.  I think I'm going to actually sue the bastard.

You should! You definitely have a case with all the botched work.
  • I got to work on time AND my experiment worked!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I did some holiday shopping and it was all from a store that houses local/Midwestern goods.
    Anniversary
  • I did some holiday shopping and it was all from a store that houses local/Midwestern goods.
    Way to shop small! My DH hails from the Midwest so he'd be totally all about that. 
  • I used my Wii Fit balance board today for 30 minutes.

And I ate vegetables for dinner.

Anniversary
  • SoontobeMrsKlein

that look is how we ended up with a 5.5gal fishtank and 6 fish back in October. I couldnt say no to that look.

I went through 2 lectures  and worked out for the first time in over a year. 

I have been going through a mild depression all semester and now that its only one more week till I am done, its worse, plus some mishaps with wedding planning have been coming up and Im kinda irritated with Fi's lack of help around the apartment and Im in a rump. Hugs!

• JaniV123 said:
    SoontobeMrsKlein

that look is how we ended up with a 5.5gal fishtank and 6 fish back in October. I couldnt say no to that look.

I went through 2 lectures  and worked out for the first time in over a year. 

I have been going through a mild depression all semester and now that its only one more week till I am done, its worse, plus some mishaps with wedding planning have been coming up and Im kinda irritated with Fi's lack of help around the apartment and Im in a rump. Hugs!

Yeah! I went through a depression right after comps/before turning in my dissertation prospectus. To the point where it was almost physically painful to do the work I once found so interesting and I woke up crying at night and thought seriously about leaving the program. And then when I started wanting to talk to people again, they were all like, Me too! I was so depressed I got barely anything done! I think there's something about academic that brings out depressive tendencies if you've got them: being in isolation, expected to deal with a lot of complicated stuff everyday and be confident about it because "hey, you're smart enough to figure it out!" I wish it were something that was addressed more openly and stigmatized less.
  • I didn't scream at my daycare kids today. Somehow.
  • I got out of bed!

Today I plan on re-organizing the living room, making soup, and redoing my nails because the unicorn sparkles are just too much for me now. In no particular order. This may or may not involve getting dressed.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • We cleaned the house!* H and I need to invite people over more often. That's the only thing that inspires us to clean, which is sad. *Technically, our bedroom is still a mess, but we can shut the door. But we really need to clean that next!
  • I submitted the bazillionth and hopefully final--or at least second to last--draft of my M.A. Paper. Now I just need to write a 15 pager by Friday at noon and I'm totally done with this bitch! Did I mention those two papers are in German? Ach du meine gute!
  • I made it through tea time at my granny's. She always tries to stuff me with cakes and tea and then tells me I have to stay slim to fit in my dress. Pffff. 
    I think you accidentally posted in the wrong place.  This sounds more like a FWP ;)

ETA: Just want to clarify that's supposed to be a joke.  I don't think my humor works right early in the morning!
    Hehe I think you're right. I thought the wedgie thing was better for FWP and don't worry I'm one of those who can understand internet humour without getting my knickers in a wad :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards