Chit Chat
Options

Well now I don't want to help you.

I was out sick yesterday so this morning I was going through my e-mails and catching up. This lady, we'll call her DS, (nope those aren't her initials, it stands for dipshit) had e-mailed me asking to have two things sent to her. She sent me the request yesterday evening. Ok, no big deal. But my boss's boss had also asked for something, so of course I wanted to send that first. 

Well, while I'm sending the thing to boss's boss, I get ANOTHER e-mail from DS. It was about 15 minutes after the work day started. It's the exact same request, but this time it has exclamation marks all over it and says at least 4 different times that it's urgent, and she has CC'd a bunch of people on it now. Not to mention, one of the things she asked for wasn't even a real request; it was a fractured piece of data. Luckily I'm really good at what I do and I can track shit down based on esoteric pieces of nonsense. 

I also know, without getting into too much boring detail, that the reason this request is so urgent is because DS does not have her shit together at all and has fundamentally failed to do her job. Someone doing what she does should NEVER so urgently need something from someone like me. In fact, she should have had those two things on file in her own department as per legal regulations. Big sigh.  FI works at this company too, and he was actually complaining to me about DS yesterday because she's such a fucking mess and everything is always "urgent" because she forgot to do it and is totally disorganized. Yet she's a manager in her department. Ugh. 

So the fact that she sent me the same e-mail twice in a row, the second time nagging me to send her stuff NOW, because she has failed at her own responsibilities, is incredibly irritating to me. I know this is immature, but I waited a little while before I sent the stuff. I had some important things to finish up on TK first. 

Let this be a lesson. When you're obnoxious and/or rude, people are less willing to work with you or pull strings for you. (FI's entire group HATES doing stuff for this woman. She's a thorn in their side all the time). 

What's annoying in your office? Let the venting commence! 

Re: Well now I don't want to help you.

• Options
    I really dislike when people in the office send an initial request to you and then subsequently send the request with like 50 people copied in if you don't respond immediately, it almost seems like an intimidation tactic. I'm relatively new to my company, in 5 days I would have been here 3 months and one of the women in the accounting department seems so incredibly un-intelligent to me. When she's billing she barrages me with phone calls the entire day asking for breakdowns of everything! It's exhausting to try and get her to understand what we do! (We are a logistics company and do lots of intermodal work) She was here way before I was and I don't understand how she still is so dazed and confused about everything. I also dislike when I send her an email she will reply and copy in our boss and say "Does B know this?" and I'm like well he does now that he's copied in...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I really dislike when people in the office send an initial request to you and then subsequently send the request with like 50 people copied in if you don't respond immediately, it almost seems like an intimidation tactic. I'm relatively new to my company, in 5 days I would have been here 3 months and one of the women in the accounting department seems so incredibly un-intelligent to me. When she's billing she barrages me with phone calls the entire day asking for breakdowns of everything! It's exhausting to try and get her to understand what we do! (We are a logistics company and do lots of intermodal work) She was here way before I was and I don't understand how she still is so dazed and confused about everything. I also dislike when I send her an email she will reply and copy in our boss and say "Does B know this?" and I'm like well he does now that he's copied in...

Ughhhhh our office manager does this. She's always sending me something that needs to be done and copying my boss on it. I wanna be like look bitch, I'll get it done. No need to tattle tale.
    Anniversary

• Options

Ughhhhh our office manager does this. She's always sending me something that needs to be done and copying my boss on it. I wanna be like look bitch, I'll get it done. No need to tattle tale.
    Yeah that's a big pet peeve of mine too. It is such a tattle tale move. I mean there's a difference between when my boss should be included, and when she was only included cuz the person is being a douche. 

stefuhknee that just sounds super obnoxious! 
  • Options

@theycallmelinz- That's exactly how I felt. I was just thinking "well I would have advised him as it was my place to do so not yours."

@novella1186- I agree, I felt like she didn't need to copy him in, she was just being douchey.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My boss really dislikes this one lady who works in a different department for this exact reason. Every time she sends a request (usually for something she really doesn't have a right to request) she cc's EVERYONE, like she knows damn well she shouldn't be asking for this but wants to make it look like she has all these bigwigs behind her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2014

I was venting to FI about this the other night so I'm basically over it now, but I have a coworker who is constantly telling me do things and "reminding me not to forget" to do something. She's been here longer than I have but she's not a supervisor in any shape or form, and I've been here over 2 years now so the time has gone for her to instruct me on how to do something. She's constantly emailing me and 'reminding' me to follow up on something. It makes me sooooooooo mad. And I know it's petty, but I want to tell her she doesn't need to tell me how to do my job, and it's not her place to remind me to do things. I get all of my stuff done one time, and until OUR boss has a complaint, I don't need reminders, and if our boss DOES have a complaint, SHE can be the one to tell me, not the coworker.

ALSO same coworker: In my department, somebody HAS to be here as long as we're open because we're an emergency response department. There's only 3 of us, including our boss, so we have to coordinate who takes holidays when, etc. Whenver I'm going to be off on a certain day, I let both my boss and coworker know just to give them a heads up. This coworker is CONSTANTLY fucking leaving 2-3 hours early, especially on Fridays and I will have no idea until I need something and realize I'm the only person working. In the event that I ever have an emergency and have to leave, I'm going to call our boss and say, "I have an emergency and need to leave, there's no one else here because X left and didn't tell me she needed to go early so I wasn't able to plan around this."

Really grinds my gears!!! Obviously I'm not over this because talking about it got me pissed off all over again lol

Anniversary

• Options
    carrie0924carrie0924 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    Ugh I hate doing extra work because other people can't get their shit together. There are a couple of people in our company who have conflict with one particular individual. He is a huge PITA to work with. He gets defensive about EVERYTHING and is exceedingly rude about it. He happens to have been born elsewhere, and constantly complains about "Idiot Americans." It really grates on my last nerves. You've been here 20 plus years. If you don't like it here, go away. I don't complain about "Idiot Immigrants" because that's freaking ignorant and rude and hurtful. He has a very narrow scope of his job, and NO customer service view. If something irritates him, he just won't do it, and he won't tell anybody, even if it hurts the customer and the customers get angry. He decides when he thinks something is important or not. If we upgrade shipping for an order and ask him to expedite, he will send via regular snail mail, because he thinks that's better for the company ARGH!
    My co-worker in my department is the most vile and immature and negative 50 something year old woman I've ever met. Every day starts with "Good morning co-worker!" "Ugh can I go home yet? I'm ready to scream." Every.Single.Day she is "inundated." She asks at least 10 times a day "Can I go home yet?" She complains about Every.Single.Person in our building and how much they suck at her job, but I'm constantly correcting things she has done (and she's supposed to be the manager and has been here longer and is supposed to be teaching me how to do things.) She gets here an hour earlier than I do, and it's frustrating that every single morning when I walk in, I am greeted with her foul attitude and unwillingness to just do her job. Our jobs are really super easy, and if we made a few minor adjustments this is easily a one person department. But she never stops.
    Complaints to HR about these two individuals are written off as "Personality Conflicts", which is the most annoying part.
  • Options
    Ugh.  I hate those emails. 

Yesterday I got in a fight with our warehouse guy.  He came in about a customer who was picking up product.  He didn't have a packing slip, but had already loaded up the truck.  I asked why he loaded without a packing slip (which is something you NEVER should do), and asked him to wait and hold the truck while I called the customer and figured things out. 

Well, the other girl in the office and I tag teamed calling our boss and the customer to figure out why we didn't have the order.  We figure it out, get the purchase order, type it up, and I go out to tell the warehouse that it's okay to load and release.  He says the truck is gone, and it only took a very small portion of the product, instead of taking the large bulk that they needed.  "So you unloaded the truck?  They didn't get any of their product and they left?"  He says yes.  Then other girl goes out to the warehouse, and he tells her that the truck left with the entire load.  I was livid.  He's always so passive aggressive, he lies, he's unorganized and lazy.  No one ever does any thing about it.  He also flat out lied to me about dates of product in our warehouse because he didn't feel like finding the latest product, and he ignored my page to come up to the front of the office when I needed him to get packages that were too heavy for me to carry, but that absolutely needed to ship.  Just, asfklasfkajf.  All the frustration. 

Also, my boss is great, but she micromanages a ton, and when she's on vacation, she reaaaaallly micromanages because she freaks out about not being here.  So, that's been fun too. 

Oh, and we have four extra coworkers visiting from another country, and they insist on having all three of their individual devices on at all times (completely unnecessary), so our internet connection has been abysmal.  It's been agonizing trying to do anything on the computer.  It took me twenty minutes to send an email yesterday.  They don't care.  They've also wrecked our company van TWICE in the two months they've been here. 

• Options
    Ugh. People in my office do this. I think everyone knows who they are though. So when she CC's a bunch of people, I can almost guarantee they're all onto her and like "ugh, poor novella." How do these people become managers? Seriously. It is the mystery of the professional world. 

My new boss has been twiddling her thumbs since she got here a month ago and making mountains out of molehills to make herself look busy. And these are expensive mountains she's creating.. I'm hoping it's because she's not totally sure what she's supposed to do yet, but she hasn't really asked any questions so I'm also not sure how she plans to figure it out. I can't let it bother me. I really want/need to like her. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

I was venting to FI about this the other night so I'm basically over it now, but I have a coworker who is constantly telling me do things and "reminding me not to forget" to do something. She's been here longer than I have but she's not a supervisor in any shape or form, and I've been here over 2 years now so the time has gone for her to instruct me on how to do something. She's constantly emailing me and 'reminding' me to follow up on something. It makes me sooooooooo mad. And I know it's petty, but I want to tell her she doesn't need to tell me how to do my job, and it's not her place to remind me to do things. I get all of my stuff done one time, and until OUR boss has a complaint, I don't need reminders, and if our boss DOES have a complaint, SHE can be the one to tell me, not the coworker.

ALSO same coworker: In my department, somebody HAS to be here as long as we're open because we're an emergency response department. There's only 3 of us, including our boss, so we have to coordinate who takes holidays when, etc. Whenver I'm going to be off on a certain day, I let both my boss and coworker know just to give them a heads up. This coworker is CONSTANTLY fucking leaving 2-3 hours early, especially on Fridays and I will have no idea until I need something and realize I'm the only person working. In the event that I ever have an emergency and have to leave, I'm going to call our boss and say, "I have an emergency and need to leave, there's no one else here because X left and didn't tell me she needed to go early so I wasn't able to plan around this."

Really grinds my gears!!! Obviously I'm not over this because talking about it got me pissed off all over again lol

There was a lady in my group doing this to me too. First, she talks to me like I'm a mentally deficient 2-year-old and explains things to me-- very slowly-- that I've been kicking ass at for over 2 years now. Yes I know how to do my fucking job but thanks. 

She would send me emails and copy tons of people on it "just reminding" me to do X. I had either already done X, or was so extremely busy and swamped with more important work that I would fucking get to it when I get to it. 

The last time she e-mailed me to remind me, I replied and only said:
    "K." 
    She never did it again.  
  • Options
    Tell me about it. I was away for literally 5 hours, came back to 16 emails from a client that went from, Hi, can you send me this to THIS IS MY 16TH FUCKING REQUEST. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?  I was just like "oh hey, client, sorry, I was out of the office. I'll forward you your request as soon as I can."  That was a week ago, I still haven't sent it. Opps.
  • Options
    That's so annoying. I had a broker email me asking for ingredients at 7:30pm (not something I had access to at home, so it's not like I could have answered her then). She then sent another email and then called the office at 8am the next day. Damn, lady. Chill the eff out. And the kicker? I have sent her these exact ingredients before! 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Ugh.  I hate those emails. 

Yesterday I got in a fight with our warehouse guy.  He came in about a customer who was picking up product.  He didn't have a packing slip, but had already loaded up the truck.  I asked why he loaded without a packing slip (which is something you NEVER should do), and asked him to wait and hold the truck while I called the customer and figured things out. 

Well, the other girl in the office and I tag teamed calling our boss and the customer to figure out why we didn't have the order.  We figure it out, get the purchase order, type it up, and I go out to tell the warehouse that it's okay to load and release.  He says the truck is gone, and it only took a very small portion of the product, instead of taking the large bulk that they needed.  "So you unloaded the truck?  They didn't get any of their product and they left?"  He says yes.  Then other girl goes out to the warehouse, and he tells her that the truck left with the entire load.  I was livid.  He's always so passive aggressive, he lies, he's unorganized and lazy.  No one ever does any thing about it.  He also flat out lied to me about dates of product in our warehouse because he didn't feel like finding the latest product, and he ignored my page to come up to the front of the office when I needed him to get packages that were too heavy for me to carry, but that absolutely needed to ship.  Just, asfklasfkajf.  All the frustration. 

Also, my boss is great, but she micromanages a ton, and when she's on vacation, she reaaaaallly micromanages because she freaks out about not being here.  So, that's been fun too. 

Oh, and we have four extra coworkers visiting from another country, and they insist on having all three of their individual devices on at all times (completely unnecessary), so our internet connection has been abysmal.  It's been agonizing trying to do anything on the computer.  It took me twenty minutes to send an email yesterday.  They don't care.  They've also wrecked our company van TWICE in the two months they've been here. 
    Dude. That all sounds like a fucking nightmare! 
  • Options
    I hate that too. I agree with Maggie about how I'd handle this.

Something I hate is when supervisors criticize my work piecemeal instead of letting me know at one time all of the things that need to be done to get it right. It backlogs my other work and turns the whole business into a stupid head game that I can't win-and it always happens because my supervisors fail to tell me up front that something needs to be done but criticize me for not doing it. Bad Management 101.
  • Options
    Those are the worst emails. I hate people that are too lazy to get their shit together and do things the right way the first time.

I am eternally having to deal with stupid and lazy people at work. I thought the quantity of DSs would decrease with my new promotion, but in reality I just end up getting all the dipshits my underlings are tired of dealing with. *sigh*
  • Options
    Ugh I totally hear you. Luckily that's rare in my office, but I also work with adult learners-- those folks are far more likely to pester us.

Mantra: Lack of action on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part! 
    We always said lack of planning, but same diff!
  • Options
    lovedryn said:
    Those are the worst emails. I hate people that are too lazy to get their shit together and do things the right way the first time. I am eternally having to deal with stupid and lazy people at work. I thought the quantity of DSs would decrease with my new promotion, but in reality I just end up getting all the dipshits my underlings are tired of dealing with. *sigh*
    It's amazing how many dipshits are employed in real jobs, isn't it? 
  • Options
    This is why I'm so happy at my new position. I don't have to rely on anyone and my boss is awesome! I use to have to pick up other peoples slack but now I just have to do my own work!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    My office pet peeve would be the people who don't want to go back through their email to find things.  "Can you re-send that to me?"

No.  Learn how to use a basic capability of business email- the search function.  If you didn't save it, not my problem.

I've started telling people they need to go back and look for it.  I'm tired of doing double work because of their lack of organization and/or laziness.

(Seriously people, I work at a place where I had to teach 7-8 field managers how to use the copy and paste function and keyboard short cuts.)

ETF:  words
  • Options
    If she's supposed to have that info on file, she's probably trying to cover he ass. cc a copy of your response and a copy of the document to her superior.

• Options
    My office pet peeve would be the people who don't want to go back through their email to find things.  "Can you re-send that to me?"

No.  Learn how to use a basic capability of business email- the search function.  If you didn't save it, not my problem.

I've started telling people they need to go back and look for it.  I'm tired of doing double work because of their lack of organization and/or laziness.

(Seriously people, I work at a place where I had to teach 7-8 field managers how to use the copy and paste function and keyboard short cuts.)

ETF:  words
    Ugh.  THIS.  I also hate when a customer emails me asking for the tracking number and shipping company for their shipment.  Then, after getting that email, they email me back asking for the trucking phone number.  Like, dude, fucking google.  It's basic.  I don't know the number any more than you do.  I am literally just going to type it into google, and then copy and past the number back to you.  You just wasted fifteen minutes waiting for something you could have googled yourself in less than thirty seconds.  If it was so fucking urgent, then just. fucking. google. it.  Stop wasting both our time.

It should be noted that we aren't a trucking company, and that sometimes customers are asking when they booked the damn shipment themselves to begin with. 

• Options
    I was out sick yesterday so this morning I was going through my e-mails and catching up. This lady, we'll call her DS, (nope those aren't her initials, it stands for dipshit) had e-mailed me asking to have two things sent to her. She sent me the request yesterday evening. Ok, no big deal. But my boss's boss had also asked for something, so of course I wanted to send that first. 

Well, while I'm sending the thing to boss's boss, I get ANOTHER e-mail from DS. It was about 15 minutes after the work day started. It's the exact same request, but this time it has exclamation marks all over it and says at least 4 different times that it's urgent, and she has CC'd a bunch of people on it now. Not to mention, one of the things she asked for wasn't even a real request; it was a fractured piece of data. Luckily I'm really good at what I do and I can track shit down based on esoteric pieces of nonsense. 

I also know, without getting into too much boring detail, that the reason this request is so urgent is because DS does not have her shit together at all and has fundamentally failed to do her job. Someone doing what she does should NEVER so urgently need something from someone like me. In fact, she should have had those two things on file in her own department as per legal regulations. Big sigh.  FI works at this company too, and he was actually complaining to me about DS yesterday because she's such a fucking mess and everything is always "urgent" because she forgot to do it and is totally disorganized. Yet she's a manager in her department. Ugh. 

So the fact that she sent me the same e-mail twice in a row, the second time nagging me to send her stuff NOW, because she has failed at her own responsibilities, is incredibly irritating to me. I know this is immature, but I waited a little while before I sent the stuff. I had some important things to finish up on TK first. 

Let this be a lesson. When you're obnoxious and/or rude, people are less willing to work with you or pull strings for you. (FI's entire group HATES doing stuff for this woman. She's a thorn in their side all the time). 

What's annoying in your office? Let the venting commence! 

I feel like we work with the same DS.  I also will put your stuff off just to make you squirm if you incessantly worry me about something, or send an email with "high importance" I get it, you need whatever it is... but trust me... rushing me and pressuring me isn't the way to do it. If you treat me that way, you are going to the bottom of my to do list. With good reason.  Give respect, get respect.  Why is it so hard to understand?!
  • Options

Ditto to everything above.
  • Options
    I would have emailed DS back making sure to hit reply all and tell her that you saw her email that she sent yesterday and was working to put the information together when you were asked to quickly provide something John Doe and as soon as you are done will provide her with the information that she requested.  This will then make her look crazy and pushy and make you look competent and cool-headed.

If someone CC's my boss or an army of people, this is what I do.  If they are going to play that game, so am I.  Bonus if the people who are CC'd make comments like, hey, I don't care about this, or why am I CC'd on this?
  • Options
    People who assume idk what I'm doing because I'm 23 and look 17. Excuse you i wasn't hired for nothing. Obviously I don't have a lot of experience but it's me or nothing so shut the fuck up.

Grrrr
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Yeah that's a big pet peeve of mine too. It is such a tattle tale move. I mean there's a difference between when my boss should be included, and when she was only included cuz the person is being a douche. 

stefuhknee that just sounds super obnoxious! 
    Agreed.

As a manager - I need to know what my team is doing for resource loading purposes. So it's very helpful if you're giving my people something to do to copy me. That way - I'm not staring my people down going "WTF are you doing? I've asked you to do one thing today and you aren't right on it, I know you literally have nothing else assigned to you."

That being said - a good manager will know when they're being copied is an asshole move. It's like people think we can't look and see that you assigned something to someone yesterday (after hours cuz you're awful), that isn't their job (it's yours) and now the timestamp for the second request is 15 minutes before that person gets in in the morning. ASSSHHOOOLLLEEE!!
  • Options
    Ugh I totally hear you. Luckily that's rare in my office, but I also work with adult learners-- those folks are far more likely to pester us.

Mantra: Lack of action on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part! 
    We have a sign in our office that says "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." I scan it and send it to my co-workers when they're annoying me, or when they've had a file sitting for 6 months and haven't done anything and now bossman says it's my problem.
  • Options

We have a sign in our office that says "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." I scan it and send it to my co-workers when they're annoying me, or when they've had a file sitting for 6 months and haven't done anything and now bossman says it's my problem.
    That's what annoyed me with the lady this morning. I know the nature of the thing she's working on, and I know that thing has been around for YEARS. But now that it's being audited (which is my own assumption as to why she's so panicked over it) now she's suddenly going to do something about it, but I also know that people are given  MONTHS to prepare for an audit. But just now, today, it's suddenly so very urgent. Yeah. Sure. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards