Oregon

Rehearsal Dinner in Clackamas

I am seeking some ideas for a rehearsal dinner site in Clackamas.
I want affordability and more of a relaxed atmosphere.  Pub fare would be ideal, but it would need to be a place that kids could go to too.  Ideally, a place with a separate room that we could reserve.  I would like to have it in the Clackamas area, as I don't want people to have to drive far from the ceremony venue off Hwy 212.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Clackamas

• edited December 2011
     Old Spaghetti Factory. They have a couple of rooms you can reserve. Old Chicago too? they don't have a seperate room that i'm aware of but they are pretty good at getting you a section by yourself. And they definitley have a pub feel but kids are allowed.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Gustavs, California Pizza Kitchen, and dare I say... Olive Garden?
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pub fare....yikes, there's not much in the Clackamas area that's pub fare with a separate room and allows kids.  I'll ask H, he'll have a better idea than me!
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of The Ram, but the one thing they don't have there is a separate room to reserve and it can be so loud there that you have to practically yell to have a conversation with anyone.  Other than that, I love their food and beer.  If I don't find a better place, then that is where we're going to go.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I wouldn't do The Ram.  Their service is slow with a moderate sized group (took over an hour for our group of 6 to get our food) and it's way too loud for conversation.  I can only imagine what it'd be like for a group of 20 or so.

We did a group dinner at Red Robin once, and that worked out well even though they don't have a separate room.  There are a couple of great places in Sellwood, if you're willing to travel a little further - Oaks Bottom Public House and The Sellwood Public House both have great food and great beer.

Gustav's has a back area; I don't think it's a private room but it's a back of the restaurant area that would be more private.  There's also a McMenamin's on Sunnyside now, but I don't know anything about that location.  McCool's is on Sunnyside, about 122nd, near the Safeway.  It's a pub with good food, but again no private room.  I think it'd be quieter than The Ram though.

I've also heard really good things about Sam's Restaurant and Lounge, which is the restaurant at the Monarch Hotel.

ETA - where on HWY 212?  Depending on where you're at, Gresham wouldn't be that far and 4th Street Brewing in Gresham has a private room for parties - http://www.4thstreetbrewing.com/
  • Becca0517Becca0517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for affordability, I would say that you might want to rule out Gustav's.  I know that when I go there with my parents & FI we can rack up a bill of $120+ in no time.

Old Spaghetti Factory is typically ideal for a budget-friendly gathering.  They give you bread, soup/salad, entree, and ice cream for the price stated on the menu, no add-on's for those items.  I can't stand places with the add-ons, but that is just my preference.

GL deciding!

We'll end up hand in hand
    Somewhere down on the sand
    Just me and you
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_rehearsal-dinner-clackamas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:b8d42a64-53f2-4e93-8636-e7a602eba8f7Post:cb3c7609-10ef-48da-9415-06fe85a1e1f1">Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Clackamas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally I wouldn't do The Ram.  Their service is slow with a moderate sized group (took over an hour for our group of 6 to get our food) and it's way too loud for conversation.  I can only imagine what it'd be like for a group of 20 or so. We did a group dinner at Red Robin once, and that worked out well even though they don't have a separate room.  There are a couple of great places in Sellwood, if you're willing to travel a little further - Oaks Bottom Public House and The Sellwood Public House both have great food and great beer. Gustav's has a back area; I don't think it's a private room but it's a back of the restaurant area that would be more private.  There's also a McMenamin's on Sunnyside now, but I don't know anything about that location.  <strong>McCool's is on Sunnyside, about 122nd, near the Safeway</strong>.  It's a pub with good food, but again no private room.  I think it'd be quieter than The Ram though. I've also heard really good things about Sam's Restaurant and Lounge, which is the restaurant at the Monarch Hotel. ETA - where on HWY 212?  Depending on where you're at, Gresham wouldn't be that far and <strong>4th Street Brewing in Gresham has a private room for parties</strong> - <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.4thstreetbrewing.com/">http://www.4thstreetbrewing.com/</a>
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]
    I had thought about looking into McCool's...never eaten there before.
    We're getting married at Sah-Hah-Lee Golf course.  Gresham wouldn't be too terribly far away...the 4th St Brewing Co. could be a great place.  The picture of the room on their webpage looks like a classroom...hopefully they would change it around a bit for a rehearsal dinner.  I emailed my inquiry.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea what your price range is, but Stone Cliff Inn has great food and it's a unique location.

Also, Weatherford's in Oregon City has several banquet areas and great food.  The people are super nice too.
  • edited December 2011
    4th St Brewing it out...they want way too much of an order ($1000) to avoid a room fee.  There's only 13 of us (small wedding) and there's just no way that's gonna happen!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_rehearsal-dinner-clackamas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:b8d42a64-53f2-4e93-8636-e7a602eba8f7Post:cb3c7609-10ef-48da-9415-06fe85a1e1f1">Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Clackamas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally I wouldn't do The Ram.  Their service is slow with a moderate sized group (took over an hour for our group of 6 to get our food) and it's way too loud for conversation.  I can only imagine what it'd be like for a group of 20 or so. We did a group dinner at Red Robin once, and that worked out well even though they don't have a separate room.  There are a couple of great places in Sellwood, if you're willing to travel a little further - Oaks Bottom Public House and The Sellwood Public House both have great food and great beer. Gustav's has a back area; I don't think it's a private room but it's a back of the restaurant area that would be more private.  There's also a McMenamin's on Sunnyside now, but I don't know anything about that location.  <strong>McCool's is on Sunnyside, about 122nd, near the Safeway.  It's a pub with good food, but again no private room</strong>.  I think it'd be quieter than The Ram though. I've also heard really good things about Sam's Restaurant and Lounge, which is the restaurant at the Monarch Hotel. ETA - where on HWY 212?  Depending on where you're at, Gresham wouldn't be that far and 4th Street Brewing in Gresham has a private room for parties - <a href="http://www.4thstreetbrewing.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.4thstreetbrewing.com/</a>
    Their website and a couple of reviews I've read say that they have a private banquet room seating up to 30 people...I might have found what I'm looking for!
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow, I had no idea 4th Street had such a high food minimum.  Wow!  Yeah, I don't blame you for tossing that one aside.  I'm glad it looks like McCool's will work.  I haven't been in ages, but the food was good when I did go.  H works out there so I go by it regularly.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask - where did the "mustang" in your screen name come from?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_rehearsal-dinner-clackamas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:b8d42a64-53f2-4e93-8636-e7a602eba8f7Post:3ece3fe7-d45f-442f-967b-635f13f65186">Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Clackamas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow,<strong> I had no idea 4th Street had such a high food minimum</strong>.  Wow!  Yeah, I don't blame you for tossing that one aside.  I<strong>'m glad it looks like McCool's will work</strong>.  I haven't been in ages, but the food was good when I did go.  H works out there so I go by it regularly. BTW, I've been meaning to ask - <strong>where did the "mustang" in your screen name come from?</strong>
    1. On Fri & Sat there is a $150 room fee if a $1000 minimum isn't reached.  It's a $500 min on Sat-Thurs.  It's not worth tacking on an additional $150 to my food bill to go there.
     2. Yeah! We're going to have dinner there tomorrow night with our MOH&BM (they're married) so we can check it out & taste the food before we book.
    3. I drive a Ford Mustang. 
  • danimarie1989danimarie1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There is a really great place off Mcloughlin called Arrivederci Wine Bar. SUPER cool Place and family owned. They have an extra room that they close off for groups. They have live music and low lighting. It's Italian food- but really good!!!

you can check out their website- arrivederciwine.com
    The owners are so nice!! I went to school with their kids and a lot of my friends have done surprise parties and group dinner there.

• itsthebestitsthebest member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Courtyard Marriott, in Clackamas has onsite catering and private space.  I had some friends have their rehearsal dinner there,  great food and the prices were reasonable.  It's a really nice little hotel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards