Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Too many inserts

I want to make sure everyone gets the information on my wedding website and wedding pics app but I'm worried there are going to be too many inserts in my invitations. I'm using wedpics and you can purchase little instruction cards that are 2 sided, I've heard some people have trouble when they wait until the day of and have 100 people trying to download the app at one time. I also have a wedding website I want to be sure to direct people to that has events close to the wedding and a link to the registry. I already have to include an insert from the venue because it's on a military base so you cannot google the address, plus you need certain items in order to get on base. 3 inserts just seems like a bit much along with a response card and might make the invitation heavy and expensive to send. Maybe if I include the 3 inserts in their own envelope??

Re: Too many inserts

• Options
    I had a 3 inserts in a pocket fold similar to the picture below.  It wasn't too much.  I've wedding invitations with a similar amount.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Lots of people have 3... I had the RSVP, hotel info and reception info card. 
  • Options
    I had my invitation and 4 inserts (reception, directions, rsvp, accommodations) in a pocketfold with a band around it and it was more than whatever a regular first class stamp was, but wasn't crazy.  I can't remember exact price of postage - maybe 70 cents-ish.   
  • Options
    We just ordered mine, and it has 2-3 inserts: rsvp, accommodations and website info; and for the out of towners - info about Sunday brunch.  It certainly didn't look over the top.  It seems pretty nromal, actually
  • Options
    We made our own business cards (you can buy sheets you can run through your own printer & then rip apart) and just put on it "For hotel information, directions and other wedding information, check out our website at ......"  and put those in with invite. Then you can put the app information, and everything else on your website which will save you the cost of the inserts and additional postage the inserts will bring. Plus the extra work when you assemble your invites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards