Louisiana-New Orleans

DJ's?

nolabride2015nolabride2015 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited December 2014 in Louisiana-New Orleans
OOT brides, how did you pick your DJ?  I know that I don't want a traditional 'wedding' DJ with lots of cheesy music, don't want a lot of top 40 songs, etc... the DJ's I've contacted so far have seemed really pushy (or another way of looking at it is, 'on top of their sales') - I get multiple emails, phone calls every day telling me my date is almost booked up, etc... which I guess is good for business for them but doesn't give me the greatest vibe?  Of all the vendors, it seems the one that makes it the hardest to check out ahead of time - and yet it can really make or break the party!  Any thoughts?

Re: DJ's?

• We used White Oak Productions, a management company that has a few DJs. It was so simple, the booking person just gave me options of prices and people and I picked one. I actually haven't ever even talked to the DJ yet, which might make some uncomfortable, but I feel fine about it since a management company has him under contract. My best friend used the same company too and had a great experience! 
  • I went with Omega.  I am obsessed with their sales lady. She's SO nice and gave me some helpful tips on certain venues while I was planning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards