• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Budget Weddings

Wedding planner vs. Day of coordinator for "somewhat" destination wedding

I am reposting this question, I had a typo on the last on

I had not really considered a DOC until my FMIL came to visit and suggested it. My fiance and I live 3 1/2-4 hours from our venue, in the Adirondacks. We also have a toddler, he is not the biggest fan of long car rides. There is a wedding consultant at our venue but I get nervous that some details will be looked over, and that some of decor may not get up in time. I was given the option to set up the day before as long as they had not scheduled a wedding for that time. The only problem with that is it will cut into a lot of the meet and greet time for our out of town guests.
I am torn...
Has anyone had a DOC, was it worth it?
Given the fact that we do live a ways from the area would a planner be a better route to go?

Thanks

Re: Wedding planner vs. Day of coordinator for "somewhat" destination wedding

• DOC was worth it.  She handled the little things--some old people that got to venue about an hour before ceremony, found new pin when best man lost the one in his boutonniere, moved the guest book from the ceremony to the reception for the people who didn't get to sign it, made sure caterer was ready to start passing appetizers at the designated time, etc.  These are things I couldn't have done on my own while I was getting ready.
  • dolewhipperdolewhipper [wh]orlando member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary First Answer
    I'm having a DOC for my wedding which is also about a 3-4 hr drive. I can only think it will be a positive experience.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards