Nevada-Las Vegas

Bellagio photo restrictions tightened

Just as a FYI to brides considering Bellagio for their wedding or a strip tour stop and also hiring outside photographers: Bellagio has recently banned any and all non-Cashman photography on their property, including apparently down by the water show, and they are now extra-strict on enforcing it.  I found out when speaking to the guards a few months ago.  Beforehand, they used to be lenient if you were getting married there, staying on the property, etc., and wanted to use your own photographer.  It's different now.

Also, yesterday when I was walking in front of Bellagio, I watched two Bellagio security guards in red jackets patrol the entire length of the sidewalk in front of the water show.  They stopped at a photographer about 50 feet away from me (I could tell she was a photographer by the softbox plus the bride and groom walking with her), and I am 99% sure the security asked the photographer to stop taking photos because they stopped and talked to them and the photographer left.

To my knowledge, you can still use your own photographer in privately-owned venues like restaurants, and I'm not sure about the convention ballrooms.

Normally I just PM resort security updates like this to Vegasgroom, but I haven't seen him post or reply to my messages in some time, so I thought I would post it directly here.  This tightening of security against non-Cashman photographers may be limiting for you and your photographer, and if you have any opinions about it you can certainly let Bellagio know.

Re: Bellagio photo restrictions tightened

• Yeah my photographer told us that photographers had been run off their property lately.  We didn't even try to take photos over there as a result.   Really sad they are turning away a lot of free publicity in wedding photos!   
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • That is really disappointing. The photography policies of strip hotels in Vegas really take some of the fun out of getting married there.
  • Oh man :( I really wanted to take pictures in front of the fountains! They've always been my favorite attraction in Vegas.
  • Wow! That's crazy, how can you stop people from taking pictures in front of the fountains? I mean it's a total tourist attraction? That's terrible :-(
    Anniversary
  • That's very odd, the sidewalk is not considered private property as far as I know, and they should have no authority to do anything about photos on the strip side of the fountains, unless perhaps it's in one of the little nooks that extend inward towards the fountains from the sidewalk.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• jayjaay said:
    Wow! That's crazy, how can you stop people from taking pictures in front of the fountains? I mean it's a total tourist attraction? That's terrible :-(
    They can't stop tourists from using their cell phones to take photos. I think the issue is professional photogs.

Still... super lame.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's terrible, surely the sidewalk isn't private property Yet again I say when is everyone going to turn round and stand up to Cashmans
  • Aw man! That's really too bad.
  • Regardless of what we know about public property, I know I saw two Bellagio security guards patrolling it (with stern expressions, no smiles, no sign of friendliness at all as they walked along), stopping at the photographer and apparently talking to them, and the photographer leaving immediately afterward.  I wasn't previously aware this was possible either until I saw it myself.  Maybe it's because the Bellagio is in the background of the photos and they have figured out a way to include that in their purview of banned photo activity.
  • Of course tourists don't include photographers taking pictures of a bride and groom, so it's always going to be seen in a different light.  I can't imagine them stopping tourists from taking photos.
  • This happened to me and I was actually staying at bellagio and having an in suite reception for 35 guests.
  • @TH28754 OMG! Did you tell them you were a guest at the hotel?? Wow, crazy.
    Anniversary
  • This is our first stop!! Fingers crossed they are just going through a rubbish phase!!

TH28754 what did they say to you??

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards