Virginia

Need some help and ideas

hello, im very new to all this in fact i have never really posted on a site asking for help, but i need some help with a few ideas i have running through my head.

so the hubby to be and i have been together for almost 8 years and we both dont really feel the need for a large wedding so i have a few questions about the idea i have and if any of you have done something or are planing an event like this one so the plan i came up with is this pretty much have a shot gun wedding get the license and then have some one officiate right after getting it, also have some one record said event. ill find a cheap dress to wear or what ever for that, then a few weeks or moths later have a party to celebrate the marriage with friends and family have the recording of the "wedding" play so its like they are there with us then we enter and start too party! then a few years down the road we could save up then have a vow renewal and have the wedding i truly want.only reason i cant have the wedding i truly want is we are in the middle of fixing up our house because we want to sell it and move so money is very tight right now but i figured if we do a vow renewal a few years down the road we could save up quite a bit to have a nice setting :)

the soon to be hub wanted to just go to Vegas which truth be told i do not want that at all.

1. has any one used David McLaughlin to officiate the wedding and if so how was he?
2. does any one know of a good store to find low price dresses in Northern VA fairfax/manassas around that area

if we chose to have the party at a location does any one know of a cheap as in under 200 bucks where we could host it, because right now im just thinking about having it at his parents house which i dont think that would be very nice.

what are your opinions on my idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards