December 2016 Weddings

When are you putting down a venue deposit?

When is a good time to put down a deposit? I know it varies per venue and location, but the venue I'm looking at is pretty flexible. When did you decide on your date for certain?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: When are you putting down a venue deposit?

• We had discussed in length about having a New Years Eve wedding, so we knew we would have to be quick on booking a venue. We actually fell in love with the first venue we found and are due to put our deposit down on March 1st. We wanted to book ASAP due to it being a high booking date. 
  • Welcome! Yay another late 2016 bride! We are probably putting ours down in May. Our coordinator suggested a year to a year and a half before.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • we are putting ours down either this fall or the beginning of next year. We already found ceremony and reception locations but still waiting to get final quotes.
  • If we like the place we are going to look at soon we will be booking that day.
  • randomsloverandomslove member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    I'm looking at places this July. Unfortunately, he won't be able to go with me. Most likely we will put down the deposit a few weeks after he looks over everything with me.

EDIT: He will be able to go with me! Yay for not deploying!

• We are putting ours down this week.  We negotiated the contract last week and now we just need to mail everything in:).  I'd rather have it set in stone then worry about someone else beating me to it, especially since we compete with Corporate Holiday Parties this month!
  • Likely putting our deposit in the next week or so. We fell in love with one of the first venues we looked at. We just have to hammer out the details now. So happy to see other December 2016 brides already planning!
  • So we are putting down the deposit later this month-- just have to hammer out a few details. I also got my dress on Sunday. I feel waaaayyyy ahead of where I need to be.

• We just put down the deposit on our venue. It makes me nervous when people say they negotiated because I didn't negotiate at all on this. It was our dream venue, so we just went for it.
  • We just put down the deposit on our venue. It makes me nervous when people say they negotiated because I didn't negotiate at all on this. It was our dream venue, so we just went for it.
    We only negotiated our bar package.  There was an 18/20 and 23 dollar pp option, so we negotiated some of the items on the 20/23 package for 20 dollars.  Congrats on your venue:).  I wouldn't worry about it if you feel comfrtable with the venue and what you're paying.
  • If we like the place we're touring on the 22nd, we'll probably book that day or the following week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards