Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

I previously posted about reviews on outerinner.com and now I'm freaked

So after some replies on my previous post on outerinner.com service I'm freaked out. None of my girls have ordered yet so that's a plus. Does anyone have good experience with a site for BM dresses or any other suggestions?? Thanks so much!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Best Answers

Re: I previously posted about reviews on outerinner.com and now I'm freaked

• Options
    noo stay far away from this website its a china knock off website and you wont get what you paid for . i can tell you that all of the photos are stolen from real designers websites and the are made to look like  this is what they sell think about it if its a shop out of china why would they be using american models? wouldnt they be using Asian women. not americans 

why do you need to order online is your bridal party all over the usa? 

can you look at davids for affordable options? or pick a designer that has reasonable pricing pick a fabric and a color and ask your maids to go to any salon that has that designer and pick a dress.

• Options
    Just go to a real store.  Banana Republic.  Nordstrom.  J. Crew.  Ann Taylor.  Saks.  Then you can look, feel, and try on.

Don't waste time on knock off sites.  99% of people are disappointed by their Chinese knock off dresses or they need additional alterations when they come in.  Generally, you get what you pay for.  I can think of one person who posted here recently that I've noticed that was happy with her dress from China.
  • Options
    Yes, my girls are not all in same state as me. And I have one who's husband is complaining about having to purchase dress so I was trying to accommodate price and such :\

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Any other store you suggest bc I have none of those even near me lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kkskidder said:
    Any other store you suggest bc I have none of those even near me lol
    All those stores have websites complete with size charts and, unlike on Chinese knockoff sites, you'll actually end up with the dress in the photo.

But if your bridesmaids have a strict budget and won't be easily able to go to try stuff on, you might consider letting them find their own dresses to save everyone some stress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kkskidder said:
    Yes, my girls are not all in same state as me. And I have one who's husband is complaining about having to purchase dress so I was trying to accommodate price and such :\
    Did you already ask each bridesmaid individually for their budget?

An easy way to let each one get something they're comfortable with is to just give them a color. Black is easiest to match, but several shades of blue or purple or whatever color you want would still look good together.
  • Options
    3 of my girls are okay with say a $150 dress, it's my FSIL bc her husband is a tightwad. They have money and such but he doesn't feel it's necessary to pay for a dress, he's even throwing a fit about having to pay for his tux bc he is a groomsman. Dresses are to be a dark purple, plum color and IDK if I want them all to be different, to me it would look all thrown together with the girls in different dresses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am thinking so!! I talked to my girls and told them I will look around at places like Macy's, Penneys, and such but more than likely I will just go back to Davids  We started there and have a dress already picked from there :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Woah woah-I'm late to the game, but I just want to say that no one is a "tightwad" for second guessing spending $150 on a dress that is unlikely to ever be worn again, regardless of how much money (you perceive) that they have. Adding a tux onto that, they could easily be out $300 for just apparel for your wedding. Please be a little more sensitive with other people's financial preferences. For what it's worth, my bridesmaids ordered their dresses online from target for $65 (with free shipping) and they look like anything you'd get from David's.
  • Options
    I am considerate of financial means, he wouldn't want to spend $20 if that's how much the dress cost. I am trying my best to find a deal. I looked at target and there was nothing there that fit the dress preferences of my girls or color :\

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    IMO it doesn't look 'thrown together.'

Though it is entirely possible your FSIL could find a Davids Bridal dress in your choice of shade online for considerably less than in the store.
  • Options
    The 1st picture looks good but she doesn't want a short dress (which short dresses are cheaper than long) the 2nd I don't feel they match and again the 3rd is cute but short dresses are a no go. if I could get them to go short I would.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kkskidder said:
    The 1st picture looks good but she doesn't want a short dress (which short dresses are cheaper than long) the 2nd I don't feel they match and again the 3rd is cute but short dresses are a no go. if I could get them to go short I would.
    I think you kind of missed the point. If the dresses I posted were long rather than short it wouldn't change the look all that much. Pick a color. A certain shade from whatever line (Davids Bridal is still an option) if you insist on it matching exactly. Then they can all pick whatever long dress in that color that they want. Look on eBay. There are tons of DB dresses on there that are pre-owned and therefore being sold for way less than retail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards