Wedding Reception Forum

XP: Tasting is scheduled

On 12/29/14. We can choose 4 entrees, 6 sides and 3 horsdoeuvres. This is what we are thinking: Hordoeuvres: we will taste sliced smoked sausage with sweet and tangy honey BBQ sauce and mini meatballs with either Swedish gravy or BBQ sauce. Will also have cheese and crackers and a vege/relish tray. Entrees: Herb chicken with white wine cream sauce Roasted pork loin Rajun Cajun combo: which comes with blackened chicken, red beans and rice, and either Étouffée or gumbo (FI is Cajun) Seasoned, smoked or garlic & mushroom chicken( not sure which one to taste) Sides: Garlic whipped potatoes Roasted garlic & rosemary potatoes Macaroni & Cheese Grilled vegetables Green bean casserole Country green beans(onion and bacon) Our other entree will be steak but can't do a tasting of it. How does this sound? Would you make other choices? I have like 8 pages of food to chose from. Edit: had paragraphs, but when posted, they are gone
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Tasting is scheduled

• I think that's a good mix of protein, veggies, and carbs. It should cover most of your crowd.

The only thing I'd suggest is tossing in a vegetarian entree if possible. It's definitely not required, but it's a common courtesy to guests. I'm not vegetarian, but if I ate a lot of the meat appetizers (which I totally would), I might prefer a non-meat option at dinner.

It's just a thought. :)

Since you're having BBQ sauce with the sausage, I'd have gravy for the meatballs. That way, if someone doesn't like BBQ sauce, they can choose the meatballs.

Your food sounds so good. I'd be stuffed by the time dinner was over.
  • @wrigleyville‌ thanks for your input! Those are just the tastings. I don't think I'll have that many sides. You are right about having the gravy with the meatballs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh! I thought you were having all of that food at your wedding, and I got really excited, because that would rule. ;)
  • I'm thinking of 3 entrees but not sure yet until after tasting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your hors d'ouvres are perfect, especially if you are serving them at cocktail hour.  You need food that is substantial if people are drinking.  The trays are super important for the same reason. Great choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards