Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

When to send out Destination wedding invitations and what information is needed ???????

I need some help... I am getting married in January 2016 in the Dominican. I sent out our save the dates in late November of this year.  When would be a good time to send out the actually invitation?  The trip is in all inclusive trip so it has to be paid in full by October 2015.   Also, I am trying to create my invitations and I am not sure what needs to be in them considering it is a destination wedding.     Thank you for your time and help :)

Re: When to send out Destination wedding invitations and what information is needed ???????

• Options
    We sent our invites three or four months in advance.  But we had all of our full details on a wedding website, so the content in our invites was pretty simple like a traditional invite with the link to the website.  And then we left a more detailed schedule in everyone's welcome bags when they arrived.  
  • Options
    We sent ours about 10 weeks out (international mail delays).  All of the info was in STD's and on our wedding website, so people could book whenever they needed too.  We also re-sent a schedule in welcome bags so people had a paper copy on site.  

• Options
    I'm sending mine in the next week or so for an April 24 domestic DW. :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments :)      What did you put in your welcome bags?   Also, what are you doing for favors.  I have been in contact with a company that my resort works with, but they want around $20 a favor.  

• Options
    Both welcome bags and favours are optional.  We did welcome bags, and included a map of the city, dates/info for wedding related events, a little note welcoming/thanking people for coming, a sample of macadamia nuts, honolulu cookie company cookies, chocolate covered mac. nuts and for the kids, sand pails/shovels and air mattresses for the teens.  We put them all in beach style bags.  Gotta love ABC stores in Hawaii.  We didn't do favours and no one asked about them.  

• Options
    Our wedding is July 10, 2015 and we're sending them out end of this month since people need to have everything paid in full April 1st. That was people have time to figure out paying for everything
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards