Oregon
Options

Free Wedding Consultant

Hi ladies,

So I am probably crazy for posting this but if I don't do something I'm going to lose my mind. I love being a stay at home Mom but desperately need something more to round myself out. I miss working like crazy but wouldn't give up being a stay at home Mom unless it was absolutely necessary. Enter "operation projects" Over the summer I offered to help out with a friend's wedding and her Mother totally took me up on it and it was SO fulfilling. Then I was asked to help out with a large banquet at our church and again I was in seventh heaven. My life isn't structured enough that I could ever make this a job and I'd never want to commit that much of myself to anything outside my family so here I am offering to help with your weddings.

I can meet with you in person in the evenings, go over your ideas, help with suggestions, do research and mostly asist with preparations and DIY projects. I'm not a professional wedding consultant or event planner but I have coordinated my share of corporate events, large private events, of course my own wedding and so forth. I worked for Nike for three years and was very involved in tons of events there (I worked in Marketing) and then went on to do the same for a large staffing service and a real estate developer before leaving the workforce. SO... that's my resume and I know it feels a little odd asking someone to just  help out but if you don't, someone else will and if nobody does my families going to haul me off to the funny farm. You can PM me or email me at alyssa logreco at y a hoo dot com

Re: Free Wedding Consultant

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you are allowed to post this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She's not actually selling anything, though. She's more just offering to help out because she's bored.
    Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_wedding-consultant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:c15f7f88-626f-4a50-ab7d-323dddb86eedPost:48b594ee-3343-4573-8ad3-912aad7dccb1">Re: Free Wedding Consultant</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think you are allowed to post this.
    Posted by ariver2011[/QUOTE]
    Leave her be. She is trying to help people. Not make millions. I think it is a pretty sweet deal and someone should totally take her up on it!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that should of had a question mark after it. I was not sure if she was allowed to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In general, Knot rules prohibit direct solicitation of services by vendors or the sale of items.  Some boards care about this more than others- this one has always been pretty welcoming of people coming here to sell stuff after their wedding (assuming they were a presence here during their planning), but we don't like vendors directly hawking their wares and soliciting business. 

But free offers of service are always welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards