Registry and Gift Forum

Online Registry

I'm looking into online registry.  Theres a few: zoola, my registry, and pegasus.  Has anyone else used these?  the thing is I am not going to find everything I like in one store.  With these you can pick items from different stores.  Pegasus has home depot and amazon and tons of other ones.  I know Pegasus is free, not sure sure about the others ones.  Still looking into them.  has anyone used any of these sites?  Thoughts? Feedback?

Re: Online Registry

• We had an amazon registry. It worked pretty well for the people who are online saavy. I don't know about those other ones you listed.

I would recommend having a brick and mortar store in addition to your online registry. Some people aren't online saavy and/or they'll grab a gift last minute (too late for shipping). 

You posted this in Invites and Paper, though. Are you thinking about listing this on your invites? If so, you shouldn't - it's against etiquette. If not, would you like this post to be moved to the "Regstiry & Gifts" board?
    *********************************************************************************

• edited December 2014

I agree with Southernbelle0915.

My daughter had an amazon registry. The older family members, who don't have computers, were confused and felt left out, even though all of them had daughters that could help them with the process. They would have preferred to go to a store to see and pay for the gift they were purchasing. My request to my daughter that she create a Macy's or Bed, Bath and Beyond registry fell of deaf ears, unfortunately. Not sure why because she was otherwise an easygoing bride.

The amazon registry worked great for those who are able to shop on line. Guests can purchase items elsewhere and check it off on the amazon registry, if they wish. I would strongly suggest a second at a store for your guests' convenience. 

Don't mention your gift registry on your wedding invitation. You may post it on your wedding website, if you have one. If you have a shower, the host may include the registry info on the shower invitations. Otherwise, only spread it word of mouth to people who ask about it.

You're new here, so welcome to TK :)

• I went to a shower once that used myregistry.com and as a guest, i didn't care for it.   It's a good concept, but it was annoying to use.  Once you click on the item it opens a new window to the website you are buying from.  You have to manually go back and mark the items as purchases on the registry.  It does give you warning that you need to do that, but I can imagine some people won't go back and do it.  When I marked my item as purchased it made me enter my name, tracking info, etc. I personally like the surprise of who is bringing what...i mean i know (and i did it myself) the recipients looking at what is bought all the time, but I didn't like having to include my name as the purchaser for that item.  
  • There is nothing wrong with registering at several different stores. Just make sure you register for different things at each store to avoid duplicate items. If some of the stores have options for online purchasing along with in store, great, you've got all your guests covered then. Also make sure you have a nice price range in items to fit any budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards