Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Trash the dress

How many are planning on trash the dress? It seems like more fun than a normal portrait session to me. 

Re: Trash the dress

• I didn't do trash the dress. Mine's in my closet to this day. But I've seen a lot of trash the dress photos and they definitely look fun!
  • Even though it seem's like such a waste, wearing once and packing away, i couldn't trash it! I spent too much on it and love it too much.  It's been almost 7 months since my wedding and I have yet to do anything with it, i really need to get it to the cleaners and just going to preserve it for now. 
  • I couldn't bear to ruin my dress. I wonder how many of those pictures online are just fake photo shoots because I don't know anyone who's done it in real life. 

• I think it would be a really fun idea. Haven't decided if I want to keep it in a closet forever or do something cool like that yet.
  • I can't imagine doing that. Spending that kind of money and what it means to me, I would never be able to trash it. I plan on preserving mine and keeping it. I don't know anybod in real life either who has considered it or done it personally.
  • Some of them look cool and fun, but it just seems too wasteful to me. Mine is preserved sitting in a closet... so not much better. But if I want to donate it or use it for something someday I know I can.

Anniversary
  • Not going to do a trash the dress thing but am planning on having my dress shortened to wear out on our anniversaries. A friend of mine did this a few years back and said it makes her remember how special the day was (not that she doesnt think about it more often)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I was a kid around 10 years old, we had neighbors a few houses down, a married couple.

Then they had a huge fight and broke up, left the house, and threw all kinds of things in the middle of the street, including her wedding dress.

That's trashed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards