Chit Chat
Options

NWR: My life will never be the same...

Because my office is within the Amazon Prime Now courier area.  I can have stuff from Amazon delivered within two hours for free.  I just ordered a bunch of books for gifts, Crisco for Christmas cookies, and Twin Cherries candies... because candy.  Now I'm eating Twin Cherries and cackling at the awesomeness of life.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: NWR: My life will never be the same...

• Options
    Oh my. I need a sparkly gold skirt stat, I wish I lived next to Amazon!

That could be verrrryyyy dangerous. :)

image   image   image

• Options
    edited December 2014
    That is AMAZING.

I want to have stuff delivered via Amazon drone.

• Options
    Endlessly jealous!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Lately I find myself buying everything but groceries from Amazon, so this would be ideal. I am quite jealous.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Wow. Is your office in heaven? Cause that sounds like heaven.

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

Wow. Is your office in heaven? Cause that sounds like heaven.

... Assuredly, not heaven. Heaven is cleaner and less crowded than Times Square (I hope!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Did you see the NYE dinner thread where I was bitching about Amazon delivery to Canada? I am so mad at you right now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

That is amazing. I just told DH we need to move closer to an Amazon distributor. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    AddieCake said:
    Lately I find myself buying everything but groceries from Amazon, so this would be ideal. I am quite jealous.

That's awesome, JC! Why not groceries, @AddieCake ? I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been in the beta zone for Amazon Fresh from the get go and haven't ordered anything yet.
  • Options
    Oh wow, that's amazing!  I've been placing orders on Amazon every day lately!  Little disappointed that some of the Prime stuff isn't going to be here in 2 days.  I guess Christmas and all.  But still.  I would love to have 2 hour service!!
  • Options
    WHAT.  From this moment on I will never stop being mad I don't get my stuff in 2 hours. 
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Why not groceries? It doesn't seem very plausible to order milk, eggs, etc from Amazon. And When I get groceries, my trunk is full. I don't want to come home to a porch full of packages every couple weeks.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    Why not groceries? It doesn't seem very plausible to order milk, eggs, etc from Amazon. And When I get groceries, my trunk is full. I don't want to come home to a porch full of packages every couple weeks.
    I order all of mine from peapod. You can schedule your delivery time when you are home, and they will actually bring them all into the kitchen for you. H even had a delivery guy offer to put them away for hime once! (which was weird)
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I order all of mine from peapod. You can schedule your delivery time when you are home, and they will actually bring them all into the kitchen for you. H even had a delivery guy offer to put them away for hime once! (which was weird)
    This type of service seems to be really growing!  Every time I'm in the grocery store there are employees shopping for others.  I just can't seem to get on board though.  I want to check everything myself.  The leanest cuts of meat, the firmest fruits and veggies, etc.  Maybe someday I'll check it out for non-perishables.....
  • Options
    I just can't see myself ordering groceries, especially when the grocery store is a block away from our house. Plus, I need to be able to look and make decisions as I go. If I lived in certain cities and didn't have a car or it was inconvenient to get groceries myself, I would do it, but not under my present circumstances.
  • Options
    So jealous.  I'm lucky enough to be close enough to an Amazon warehouse that I have the option for same day or next day shipping on a lot of things, and I thought that was awesome.  But, that also means that Prime Now probably isn't too far in the future for my area.

• Options
    Geez and I was all excited when I found out I lived in the coveted Domino's delivery zone. 

Not like they're good or anything but you can't get a fucking pizza delivered where I live.

Now I feel like my life is so inferior...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Geez and I was all excited when I found out I lived in the coveted Domino's delivery zone. 

Not like they're good or anything but you can't get a fucking pizza delivered where I live.

I too used to live in a "Bermuda Triangle" of a delivery zone- for three years!  Fortunately the ONE pizza place I liked would actually deliver, and ironically ended up moving their location even CLOSER to where I lived after about a year there.  Other than Pizza Hut, they were the only place that would deliver.  No Chinese restaurants, sub places, or anything...  I feel your pain!
  • Options
    My apartment is within range.  I think I need to test it out this week.

• Options

Domino's buffalo chicken pizza is my life.

• Options
    I really need to move to a place where delivery is more common. I can get Jimmy Johns, some pizza places, a chinese food place and I think that's it.
  • Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    I would do unspeakable things to get my groceries delivered to my house (And 2 hour delivery of Amazon goods. WHAT?!). My friend lives in Peapod land and she loves to torment me with it. 

I also buy all toiletries and other stuff on Amazon or walmart.com. I avoid stores at all costs. It's really better for all involved.

• Options
    Before I had a car, I used Peapod to deliver the heavy stuff. It was really handy to not buy cat litter or detergent and walk home holding them. That area had so many restaurants that would deliver that I never needed to cook. Now I live in an area that only has Chinese food restaurants in the delivery area. I am so sick of sweet and sour beef or chicken and broccoli. I wish I had a pizza hut to deliver.

• Options

Yeah I mean their "special" pizzas like the cheesesteak and buffy chicken are good. It's just such a fucking pain in the ass here on Cape. You can't get anything delivered anywhere and there's like no convenience. I just feel sad that my biggest excitement is that I can get Domino's (which will pretty much deliver to this 10 mile radius only) but that's like baseline for the normal world. 
  • Options

Yeah I mean their "special" pizzas like the cheesesteak and buffy chicken are good. It's just such a fucking pain in the ass here on Cape. You can't get anything delivered anywhere and there's like no convenience. I just feel sad that my biggest excitement is that I can get Domino's (which will pretty much deliver to this 10 mile radius only) but that's like baseline for the normal world. 

My friend works in new product development there; maybe I can get them to add some Chinese food for you. ;)

• Options
    @lolo883 see if they can add some tacos for me please.

• Options
    I love Peapod but rarely remember to use it.

I'm jealous of everyone who can use Instacart...
  • Options

Very jealous. Pretty sure my whole body just turned green.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards