Getting in Shape

Hi getting-in-shape boardies!

Figured I'd come introduce myself, since I definitely need to be on this board more often!

I'm getting married in August 2015 and would like to lose about 25 lbs. I've re-committed to Weight Watchers (I lost 20 lbs on the program two years ago, but gained it all back from stress-eating/being off the wagon after my grandmother passed away). DF and I have also hired a personal trainer to do workouts twice a week. So far I haven't seen much progress. I've lost a couple of inches on my waist, but haven't really lost much weight and haven't seen much of a change myself. I know my bad eating is to blame, so I'm working very hard to be committed to WW and healthy eating from here on out. At my meeting last Wednesday I decided I needed to buckle down and fully commit to the program if I was going to lose the weight.

Also, confession: I ordered my dress a size down! Not technically a full size down, I was between sizes and ordered the smaller of the two. The smaller was the sample size, and it fit like a glove. I'm a little worried if I lose TOO much weight that I won't be able to alter it small enough (I'm 5'3", so a few pounds make a huge difference on my frame). But I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi getting-in-shape boardies!

• ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 Dirty Jerz mod
    Moderator 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    Are you also doing cardio when you work out?  I know for myself, I need to add at least 3 days of cardio on top on my training sessions with my trainer in order to see a difference.

Even though the food might be WW approved, you also need to look at how healthy it is.  I would try to clean eat even though you are on WW.  Try not to eat processed foods.

Good luck!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi @ohmrs2014!

One of our personal training days is all cardio, plus we do cardio intervals during the other (weight lifting) day and on our "homework" days. It works out to be 4-5 days a week with at least 30 mins of cardio.

One of the awesome things about WW is that it really encourages clean eating. Fresh fruits and veggies are all "free" (they don't count against your points for the day), so the program really encourages you to eat a ton of fresh produce. It also favors things like lean meat over processed snacks. I can have an entire grilled or baked chicken breast, and it's the same amount of points as 6 Club crackers. Obviously the chicken is going to be way more filling than 6 crackers. There's not really a such thing as a "WW approved" food - the beauty of WW is that it encourages you to make good choices but also doesn't restrict you. If you want a piece of chocolate, just work it into your points for the day. But know that it's going to cost you more "points" than fresh fruit or air-popped popcorn or another healthier snack. It's a pretty great program, and I know it works for me because it has before. It's just about making sure I stick with it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 Dirty Jerz mod
    Moderator 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    I did WW myself and struggled because of the fruits and veggies being free.  Fruits themselves are flu of sugar and that was my downfall.  I started counting calories with My Fitness Pal and its worked.

Do what works for you and if WW works for you then go for it!  Thats the beauty of these boards, we are all here to help and offer advice when needed.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards