Wedding Woes

Morning

How was the weekend?  We did Christmas with my family.  I ate too much, drank too much, and slept too little.  We had a great time though.  My parents gave us a week in any condo in their RCI network so now I'm scoping out to see where we want to go!

Re: Morning

• The kids rested all of Saturday and were feeling much better yesterday.  They weren't showing flu symptoms so we headed to my parents' house to have xmas.  We all had a great time.

The kids got so much stuff.  Right now they're playing Despicable Me Operation and having a blast.  Well, the girls are anyway.  Son won't get out of bed for another 2-3 hours.

I got a nice Shark vacuum and used it on our area rug and DD1's bedroom.  There's nothing like a good vacuum to make you realize the filth you've been living in.  I'll be doing the rest of the rooms today.
  • Weekend was decent. Very busy. I had to brave Target on Saturday to get gift cards and the like for PF's teachers and therapists. Saturday night we went out to dinner with some friends. You've never had rib-eye until you've had Jerk rib-eye.

Sunday was spent with my family for Hanukkah. It was a pleasant afternoon/evening and PF loved being the center of attention.

Last night I had a serious WTF dream. First, I dreamed that the new baby was born and it was 1) HUGE and 2) seriously ugly. Then all of a sudden I was on the hunt for a breast pump and then when I sat down to nurse said ugly baby it wasn't a baby but a t-rex.

I dreamed I was breast feeding a fucking dinosaur.
  • IDK what that means, Dixie, but lets go with awesome.  B/c T-rexes are awesome.

Weekend was meh.  Friday night we went to a great house concert.  Saturday was a whole lotta nothing.  Sunday we were able to get in and out of the mall first thing.  Then did an Orphan Black Season 1 marathon with some friends.  We'll fit in Season 2 sometime before it restarts.
  • *breezes in*

Welp.  We're moved (mostly) and I couldn't be happier.  Apparently I was completely aware of the "old" house being stuffed to the gills because I'm lovvving the extra room. 

H, friends, family and I moved on Thursday.  Unpacked a bit on Friday, drank enough to nearly kill me on Friday night (2/3 bottle of ruby red vodka) and then proceeded to hibernate until nearly 3pm on Saturday.  Gathered food from "old" house, bought more stuff for new house.  And unpacked more on Saturday.  Sunday was grocery shopping with mom for Christmas dinner, and spending time with H when he was done working.

Now, I'm at work, wading through emails, being methodical and just chilling until the Christmas madness really descends.  I have a whopping 4 gifts and they're all for H.  I need to shop for family now.
  • Anyone on FB saw our Christmas lights debacle, but LSS, we went to see this mega drive-thru Christmas light display, DH complained about the traffic, DD was crabby, and we finally bailed out at the first turn.  W/e.

Rest of the weekend was good.  Got a lot of stuff done, spent time with the kids, lots of fun.

DH dropped DS at DC today and got his evaluation.  He got a 1.9 on a scale of 1 (low) to 5 (high).  I have questions.  It's the Toddler 1 eval, and he's two months into his six month stint.  So are they evaluating him for his age (14 mo.), Toddler 1 goals (which should be achieved by 18 mo.), etc.?

I look at this kid and he's walking, talking (his versions of "duck," "bath," "stuck," "Teddy," "ball," "cat," maybe more that I'm forgetting, and Mama/Dada), mimicking everyone, climbing and throwing things and feeding himself--I'm hard pressed to find a problem here.  So maybe they're like "Oh, yeah, 1.9 is about right for 14 mo. and his score should be about 3 when he moves up," or maybe they think there's an issue.  Guess I'll find out more when I pick him up this afternoon.   
  • Oh, and DH made plans for us to get together with FIL.  Now sMIL's family is doing Christmas one of the days we were going to be together.  DH didn't check with FIL, FIL didn't check with sMIL.  So typical, y'all.  If there is a gene for trip planning, they don't have it.

(Did I ever tell you about when DH, FIL, DH's uncle, his brother, and their cousin did a guys' weekend at FIL's condo on the Gulf?  They were going to charter a boat and go deep sea fishing, no one planned ahead, and when they started making calls the day-of, everything was booked.  So they went golfing instead, and because no one brought any sunscreen, they all got sunburned.) 
  • Sometimes I think the whole evaluating kids process is getting insane.  On one hand, I completely understand the need for preventative and proactive care.  On the other hand, he's 1 year and 2 months.  At this point, aren't you really just hoping they don't eat poop and everything else is pretty awesome?  I see some of what my friends post and I think, "I've been around that kid.  S/he doesn't eat poop, is still pretty cute, and runs around babbling and laughing.  What the heck else is toddler supposed to BE DOING?!"
  • Morning.

Friday night we did the Huckleberry Railroad Christmas train and historical village thing--Buffy had fun, and braved the fastest carousal in the state--although on a bench, the horses were to scary.

Saturday we did a Christmas light tour w/ the ILs.  It was OK, but ended in one of those "great, let's haul your whiney ass out of the restaurant, and now NOBODY gets dinner" kid hatefulness things.  The restaurant peeps said it was fine, we could stay but I'm not doing that to everyone else's night out.

Sunday she quit being a jerk and was good in church, mostly good in meijer, and heled me make cookies, yay!
  • Friday night's Hannukah under the Stars event was great. Good food, great friends and A had so much fun with his classmates.

Saturday was spin and lunch with a friend. I had both kids with me, but they were both well behaved and we took a train ride at the mall after. Then home, and went to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Grinch in a back to back showing outside in a nearby town. So cute. Next time I'll be more prepared with chairs, snacks, etc.

Yesterday was breakfast with my in laws, almost a total meltdown by me in Fresh Market and then some errands before a playdate with one of A's best friends. Luckily her mom and I are also good friends so seeing her is always fun. We went home for naps and I spent the rest of the afternoon folding and putting away laundry and cleaning up the endless amount of crap in my house.

All in all, a good weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning.

I had my first meeting with my psychiatrist today, and it went very well. Got some meds and I've started them. I'm sure in about a hour I'll be high as a kite but that's temporary. I also went to Target and got 98% of the groceries I need for this week (still need 3 things, but I can get those tomorrow). The kids are at daycare and I'm just sitting here relaxing a bit before finishing up some cleaning and laundry. I'm also getting a sinus infection so I'm praying I'll be okay with saline rinses and Afrin this week, and won't need antibiotics.

The rest of this week is full on Christmas. I have presents to wrap, cookies to make, and dinner prep. I have all my presents purchased, although I might go get a few things next week (we aren't doing anything with my parents until then).

This weekend was okay. I slept in on Saturday but woke up to DH being a grump which put me in a bad mood. Sunday we went to a birthday party of my niece, but we bailed early because DD was getting into a mood and needed a nap.
  • Oh, and Buffy and I went to the cemetary to make pretty for Christmas my grandparents' graves.  She likes it, I don't think it's excessively creepy.
  • GBCK said:
    It was OK, but ended in one of those "great, let's haul your whiney ass out of the restaurant, and now NOBODY gets dinner" kid hatefulness things.  The restaurant peeps said it was fine, we could stay but I'm not doing that to everyone else's night out.
    With all the lights drama, I forgot to mention that we stopped at Red Robin on the way.  Red Robin, not Capital Grille.  DS started to fuss at dinner.  DH picked him up and walked him up front so I could wolf down my dinner and trade places with him, and as DH was carrying him away, this guy at the next table gave him the stink eye.  Like, what would you like us to do, teleport ourselves away from the table?  We whisked him away when he started acting up, and that's the best you're going to get from us.  Sorry/not sorry.
  • VarunaTT said:
    Sometimes I think the whole evaluating kids process is getting insane.  On one hand, I completely understand the need for preventative and proactive care.  On the other hand, he's 1 year and 2 months.  At this point, aren't you really just hoping they don't eat poop and everything else is pretty awesome?  I see some of what my friends post and I think, "I've been around that kid.  S/he doesn't eat poop, is still pretty cute, and runs around babbling and laughing.  What the heck else is toddler supposed to BE DOING?!"
    I agree.  I'm a big fan of EI, but I also think there's a tendency to pathologize anything that deviates from the norm.  Our pediatrician is pretty laid back about development, DC is less so.  Because I'm obsessive, I pulled the 14 month ASQ (Ages & Stages Questionnaire, which is what our pedi uses to evaluate development) off Google earlier, and after going through it, I'm not concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards