Chit Chat

How was your weekend?

2»

Re: How was your weekend?

  • I took a long weekend so FI, FSD, and I could go to St. Louis to celebrate Christmas with his family.  It was good to see them all, but it was nicer to get back home!  I work today and tomorrow, get off early Wednesday, then I'm off until Jan 5.  THAT is what I'm really looking forward to!
    image


  • My weekend was pretty good, too. 
    Friday: Christmas party and yankee swap at our office, where I got a three month subscription to hulu plus (perks of being the last to pick!) and egg nog that someone else gave away.  Then I spent the night with FI and egg nog :) 

    Saturday: I bought my wedding dress!!!  The only annoying part was that I had an appointment with a specific consultant (I tried on dresses there once before and she was amazing) but I was running late so they started me off with someone else until she could join us and that lady was a huge bitch who made me feel like disgusting and like I was too fat to fit into anything (including dresses I had fit into only a few weeks earlier!). But then my original consultant came back and everything was much better. 

    Sunday:  went to my parents' church which was great since I hadn't been there in like a month.  Spent the day with some friends and my cousins, fooling around, walking around brooklyn, and practicing for the Christmas Eve service.

    and this week I'm off from work so I'm feeling pretty good :)
    YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
  • pinkcow13 said:
    My weekend was pretty good, too. 
    Friday: Christmas party and yankee swap at our office, where I got a three month subscription to hulu plus (perks of being the last to pick!) and egg nog that someone else gave away.  Then I spent the night with FI and egg nog :) 

    Saturday: I bought my wedding dress!!!  The only annoying part was that I had an appointment with a specific consultant (I tried on dresses there once before and she was amazing) but I was running late so they started me off with someone else until she could join us and that lady was a huge bitch who made me feel like disgusting and like I was too fat to fit into anything (including dresses I had fit into only a few weeks earlier!). But then my original consultant came back and everything was much better. 

    Sunday:  went to my parents' church which was great since I hadn't been there in like a month.  Spent the day with some friends and my cousins, fooling around, walking around brooklyn, and practicing for the Christmas Eve service.

    and this week I'm off from work so I'm feeling pretty good :)
    YAy!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have pics?

    Oooooops I totally copied you without realizing it. 

    Yes, photos please!!!

  • pinkcow13 said:
    My weekend was pretty good, too. 
    Friday: Christmas party and yankee swap at our office, where I got a three month subscription to hulu plus (perks of being the last to pick!) and egg nog that someone else gave away.  Then I spent the night with FI and egg nog :) 

    Saturday: I bought my wedding dress!!!  The only annoying part was that I had an appointment with a specific consultant (I tried on dresses there once before and she was amazing) but I was running late so they started me off with someone else until she could join us and that lady was a huge bitch who made me feel like disgusting and like I was too fat to fit into anything (including dresses I had fit into only a few weeks earlier!). But then my original consultant came back and everything was much better. 

    Sunday:  went to my parents' church which was great since I hadn't been there in like a month.  Spent the day with some friends and my cousins, fooling around, walking around brooklyn, and practicing for the Christmas Eve service.

    and this week I'm off from work so I'm feeling pretty good :)
    YAy!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have pics?
    I do!!  lol ignore my sisters' arm, she was taking the picture in the mirror

    Gorgeous!!!
  • haha thanks @vikinganna87 and @slothiegal !!  I have to be honest I keep wanting to show everyone but I've been told that takes away from the excitement/surprise of coming out in the dress on the actual wedding day.  Whether or not that's true, I'm happy I can still share it here 
  • haha thanks @vikinganna87 and @slothiegal !!  I have to be honest I keep wanting to show everyone but I've been told that takes away from the excitement/surprise of coming out in the dress on the actual wedding day.  Whether or not that's true, I'm happy I can still share it here 
    That's what we're here for!  AW away  :)
    Anniversary

    image
  • pinkcow13 said:
    My weekend was pretty good, too. 
    Friday: Christmas party and yankee swap at our office, where I got a three month subscription to hulu plus (perks of being the last to pick!) and egg nog that someone else gave away.  Then I spent the night with FI and egg nog :) 

    Saturday: I bought my wedding dress!!!  The only annoying part was that I had an appointment with a specific consultant (I tried on dresses there once before and she was amazing) but I was running late so they started me off with someone else until she could join us and that lady was a huge bitch who made me feel like disgusting and like I was too fat to fit into anything (including dresses I had fit into only a few weeks earlier!). But then my original consultant came back and everything was much better. 

    Sunday:  went to my parents' church which was great since I hadn't been there in like a month.  Spent the day with some friends and my cousins, fooling around, walking around brooklyn, and practicing for the Christmas Eve service.

    and this week I'm off from work so I'm feeling pretty good :)
    YAy!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have pics?
    I do!!  lol ignore my sisters' arm, she was taking the picture in the mirror

    You look amazing!!!!! And sooo happy! That is a gorgeous dress!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage


     

  • haha thanks @vikinganna87 and @slothiegal !!  I have to be honest I keep wanting to show everyone but I've been told that takes away from the excitement/surprise of coming out in the dress on the actual wedding day.  Whether or not that's true, I'm happy I can still share it here 
    I know what you mean, at first I wanted to show everyone, but then I felt like I kinda didn't want to lol. I'm glad I can show everyone here, though!


                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage


     

  • @manillabar You look gorgeous! And that dress really sparkles, which is super fun :)
    image
  • pinkcow13 said:
    haha thanks @vikinganna87 and @slothiegal !!  I have to be honest I keep wanting to show everyone but I've been told that takes away from the excitement/surprise of coming out in the dress on the actual wedding day.  Whether or not that's true, I'm happy I can still share it here 
    I know what you mean, at first I wanted to show everyone, but then I felt like I kinda didn't want to lol. I'm glad I can show everyone here, though!


    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I had one too many old fashioneds at Thanksgiving and lost count of how many people I showed. Oops. 
    image
  • This was the weekend of Christmas parties.

    Friday: Worked a half day. Did errands then cleaning at home. In the evening we went to a Christmas party at my friend's house. Lots of tasty food and FI drove so I drank a bit too much wine.

    Saturday: Lots of cleaning. Then we hosted a Christmas party for all our friends! We do a white elephant, exchange gifts, and play a ton of games. It was super fun. 

    The only downside was my BFF (and MOH) couldn't make it. Then my friends from band cancelled. And while I really like all of FI's friends and their wives, I'm sometimes sad none of our friends were made through me.  /end poor little me

    Sunday: We slept in super late. Then bummed around the apartment admiring how clean it is. I caught up on Survivor and Amazing Race and FI played computer games.
    image
  • Saturday I worked in the morning and then had to go straight to the in-laws', who live an hour away. Which meant I didn't have lunch until almost 3 pm, and I was HANGRY. But H did a good job at making the brunch casserole, so once I got food things were pretty good.

    Hilarious moment: We were all opening our stockings, and I pulled out a little hat ornament that's maybe three inches by five inches. So I put it on my head and said, "hey, I think my hat shrunk!" FIL looked at me with a totally straight face and said, "that's because it's not for you to wear" while waggling his eyebrows at my husband. I turned SO RED.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Oh my gosh @manillabar that is gorgeous!!

     

    Our weekend was okay. Friday night we went out to dinner and FI was feeling generous and bought 2 of my friends' dinners too so we were kinda broke after that lol but it was super sweet of him.

    Saturday we finished Christmas shopping officially and entertained my family that night for Christmas. My homemade apple pie turned out DELICIOUS but the crust kind fell apart. I'll have to make some adjustments next time.

    Sunday we stayed in our PJs and binge-watched Parks and Recreation on Netflix. It was glorious.

    Anniversary




  • anjemon said:
    @manillabar You look gorgeous! And that dress really sparkles, which is super fun :)
    Thanks! I definitely spent time twirling in front of the mirror watching the sparkle, haha!


    maeday2 said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    haha thanks @vikinganna87 and @slothiegal !!  I have to be honest I keep wanting to show everyone but I've been told that takes away from the excitement/surprise of coming out in the dress on the actual wedding day.  Whether or not that's true, I'm happy I can still share it here 
    I know what you mean, at first I wanted to show everyone, but then I felt like I kinda didn't want to lol. I'm glad I can show everyone here, though!


    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I had one too many old fashioneds at Thanksgiving and lost count of how many people I showed. Oops. 
    I'm also glad I'm not the only one who wanted to show everyone!  Good thing we can get it all out of our systems here :P

    also, thanks @theycallmelinz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards