Chit Chat

High point of your year?

Every Christmas eve, we go around the table and say one or two of the high points of our year.  It's always nice to remember the great things that happened.  So what are the high points of your year?

This year, my cup runneth over.  FI and I bought our first home (I love our tiny condo!), I graduated from law school, got a job, passed the bar, and got sworn in as a real lawyer - and I planned most of my wedding!!  I'm very lucky and happy.

Re: High point of your year?

• finally start looking at venues for the wedding, (kind of a small thing but it was fun) 
    there is so many things i could name but that is one of the biggest points of me year.
  • I married DH. That is the best thing of the year. I also got a great promotion at work way back in January.
  • My high points are V and I celebrated our first year anniversary, my good inteviews with grad school, and V and I talking about the future. That made me really happy because we know for certain that this is it!  
  • This year has been pretty fucking rad. I got my ring and planned damn near everything out, plus we set a date and booked everything.

I think our high point this year was the Bar Harbor trip. It was really nice to take those days and hang out. We had a really good time.

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I initially thought it was getting engaged till I realized that actually happened at the very end of 2013. 

So, planning almost all of our wedding. 

Getting to know FI's family better, hanging out with them, realizing how awesome they are 

Getting hired into my company and being switched from hourly to salaried with a raise (happened last March, before that I was a temp) 

Finishing grad school and getting my masters 

Our road trip where we drove through (I think) 13 states, went into the mountains, drove on one of the most scenic routes in the world, and saw amazing things, plus realized we could spend about 30 hours in the car together and NOT drive each other crazy 
  • Number 1 with bells and whistles: Got engaged!

2. Little sister got married

3. Became an aunt for the first time to the most adorable little guy ever.

• We bought our first house, got married, both of us got promotions and we adopted our little pup. H and I have been incredibly blessed this year and so thankful for all of the opportunities life has given us.
  • I'm cliche. It's easily getting engaged. It signifies so much for our relationship and future together. 

We happily flipped 2013 the bird last NYE, so I'm happy to tell 2014 bye in a nicer way.
  • The high point of this year was getting married :)

DH and I both finished our second master's degrees, which is a big accomplishment of course, but it would feel more significant if either of us started seeing the benefits of additional education, which we have not, yet. Maybe 2015 will be our year for professional advancement. 

• We bought our first house, got married, both of us got promotions and we adopted our little pup. H and I have been incredibly blessed this year and so thankful for all of the opportunities life has given us.
    Ditto! Except my husband was promoted the year before.

• Marrying my husband, of course. 

Close second: Adopting our beautiful rescue puppy. 
  • This year, I got engaged, I graduated college, and I moved across the country to be with my FI. There are a few other things but those were the biggest high points. It's been a good year :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Getting married was definitely the highlight of my year!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We got married this year. Everything else sucked. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Having my FI come home from Afghanistan and making our home together. 

• I think learning to scuba dive and completing my first half marathon would be my highlights.

(Oh yeah and got married and went to Fiji, that was pretty cool too, I guess.)
    Anniversary

• edited December 2014
    In no specific order:

Moved in with DH (then FI).  It was great to live in one spot and not live out of our cars.

Got married!!!!

Had my first plane ride (to Aruba for our honeymoon)

Got pregnant!
    ETA: I forgot my furbaby! We rescued the coolest puppy ever
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • chibiyui said:
    Definitely the whole married thing. 

New car was pretty sweet too.

Oh! and having some of my student loans paid off. We still have one more loan, but I started the year with over 100k in student loan debt, and I am finishing the year with less then 20k. 
    You are my hero. I'm in the 100k+ student loan club, and my plan of attack is to wait for it to be forgiven in 25 years. Kidding...sort of.
  • kat1114 said:
    chibiyui said:
    Definitely the whole married thing. 

New car was pretty sweet too.

Oh! and having some of my student loans paid off. We still have one more loan, but I started the year with over 100k in student loan debt, and I am finishing the year with less then 20k. 
    You are my hero. I'm in the 100k+ student loan club, and my plan of attack is to wait for it to be forgiven in 25 years. Kidding...sort of.
    Yeah. Well. It really helps when you marry someone who has no student loan debt of his own and makes bank. So. You know. I kinda cheated there.

Anniversary
  • -Traveled overseas for work for the first time! Spent a week in Europe visiting customers; traveling mostly by train and even saw some good friends along the way.

-Learned how to dig myself out on my own -some of the time- after getting stuck snowmobiling.

-Got engaged!

-Spent quality alone time with my 92-year old grandfather

-Recently feeling VERY loved by two of my close friends - one traveling far for my wedding, another flying to my bachelorette - and by my FSIL who's sweet, warm, selfless and would do anything for me/us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards