Destination Weddings Discussions

Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone! I am newly engaged (just last night). This will be a second marriage for us both. I had a huge elaborate affair before, and he had just gone to a courthouse. We had been talking about destination weddings. It definitely seems like a great fit for us, but I am a bit clueless on it. :) I am going to read back through this board for advice. If you have any to give, let me know! I thought the Bahamas seemed nice at the Sandals resort there. I can't wait to "meet" you all & start planning! 

Re: Hi Everyone!

• Welcome and congratulations.  Here's some hints for DW's.  You need to be able to have less control over the outcome of your wedding.  If you're looking at AI's, most offer set packages for weddings.  Some can be customized, some can't.  Lots offer 2-3 choices, and you just pick between them, so if you're not ok with that, a DW might not work.  

Check with your VIP's first if you're looking to invite people to ensure they can make it.  Also, check into the requirements for getting married in another country.  Many places have medical or residency requirements, or require civil ceremonies at city hall before a religious ceremony, etc.  

We did 99% of our planning via e-mail.  I searched goole for photos, checked here and trip advisor for reviews and looked at a lot of websites.  And the ladies here are always happy to offer advice and suggestions, so just post any questions you have.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards