Chit Chat
Options

Sad holiday season-update:it gets worse

Jen4948Jen4948 member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited December 2014 in Chit Chat
A family that is close friends with my family is going through a terrible time. A few days ago, the husband of the daughter in the family who was my friend growing up, only about in his 40s, died of a sudden heart attack. The next day, her brother had to put down his beloved dog. Their mother just had to be hospitalized.

I'm just really heartbroken for them now.

Re: Sad holiday season-update:it gets worse

• Options
    Oh, that's terrible. It would be awful at any time, but when bad things happen around the holidays, it just seems magnified. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Sorry to hear, wow that really stinks

• Options
    holiday deaths suck. my grandpa passed away 10 yrs ago the day after christmas. (we spent our christmas there with him) 

they're in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • Options
    That's so awful. I'm sorry you're hurting, and I'm so sorry this family has to deal with so much awful stuff right now. Hugs! 
  • Options
    My aunt just died the night before last at age 61 after a short battle with liver cancer. I feel so sad for her family this christmas. My other aunt died about a month ago from cancer as well. I wasn't super close with either of them, but my dad is having a rough time with it all. Meanwhile, he and his girlfriend of 5 and a half years broke up and he's laid up after having foot surgery. He's having a pretty crappy holiday.

So sorry for what your friend is going through.
  • Options
    That's terrible.  Sending you and your friend's family hugs and my sympathy.

• Options
    So many Internet hugs coming your way.
  • Options
    Update: My friend's parents are not expected to attend the funeral, scheduled for tomorrow morning. Not only is her mother still hospitalized, her father is not well either.

My parents and I are going to the funeral and offered as much help as we can. Your thoughts, prayers, sympathy and hugs are much appreciated. Happy holidays to everyone!
  • Options
    im so sorry to hear this. T&P

• Options
    Wow, what a nightmare.  I will definitely be praying for your friend, her family, and your family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards