Chit Chat
Options

MIL doesn't like my name.

We got our wedding invitations and my MIL told my fiance that my name throws it off and makes it look awkward and she wondered if I'd ever considered going by my middle name before. Seriously?

Also, I'm mad at him for telling me about this conversation. Why do I need to know this?

Re: MIL doesn't like my name.

• Options
    LMAO! What's next, she doesn't like your knees? Maybe the way you sit.

He probably told you because it's hilarious. Just laugh it off.

• Options
    Well, then you need to change it. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I should change it to something she'd like less.

She's become a crazy bitch since we told her we weren't having a joint wedding with my sister in law to be and we're also not inviting the world. It probably is funny but Im sick of it
  • Options
    What was your fiance's response to her?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Change it to HER name.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My middle name is "Shawn".  He told her I'm not a fan of going by a boy's name.

Which really is out of no where because I haven't really any issues with either of my names and don't know why he said that. Maybe that's what he thinks.

No one's ever addressed me by my middle name, I never card about the ambiguity of it
  • Options
    She sounds like a real peach....
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    haha 
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with people? That's such a weird and unpleasant thing to say.
    You should absolutely start making up weird names and asking her what she thinks.
  • Options

Maybe he just thought saying your middle name is "a boy's name" would make her like it even less so she'd let it go.

Show her a mock-up of some invitations with "Princess Consuela Bananahammock" on them.
    I vote for this one! And WTF??!! I swear weddings make every parent go completely insane.

• Options
    She sucks. But I think you should tell her to start calling you Crap Bag.
  • Options
    Wait are you one of the Shithead (shi-thade) that people always claim to know?!
  • Options
    Lol what? That's laughable. Oh my word.

• Options
    Maybe you should actually change your name to OnionBreath. I'm sure she would definitely love how that looks on an invitation.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    What a weird thing to say.
  • Options
    I'm super mesmerized by your gif. Why are people in poodle costumes? The faces look real, are those costumes or photoshop? I feel like I need answers lol 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    I'm super mesmerized by your gif. Why are people in poodle costumes? The faces look real, are those costumes or photoshop? I feel like I need answers lol 
    i don't know!! I saw it when I was looking for a picture that resembled a dog I saw one day and this ame up and I was dying. I forgotI had loaded it to my profile and now, everytim I see it, I am pleased with myself for taking the time to figure out signatures.  i THINK its like a japanese thing and that they are costumes .
  • Options
    Whoooo even says shit like that?
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I think it's a little strange your fiance offered up an explanation rather than telling his mother there is nothing wrong with the name you go by. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I think it's a little strange your fiance offered up an explanation rather than telling his mother there is nothing wrong with the name you go by. 
    If he had to tell me this story, I would've preferred to hear "You're talking about the woman I'm marrying and I love her name."

"or please, just stop"

Not some made up crap response.

• Options
    lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    This is hilarious! You should change it to Crap Bag like Mike from Friends.

"If you have trouble remembering it, just think of a bag of crap."

ETA: Woops, @ClimbingBrideNY‌ beat me to it haha!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    @jenna8984

Marry Christmas! Here's the entire video.

• Options
    "Well I don't like her name."
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    You to your FI: "Tell your mother I don't like it either-I've always wanted to be called Deity. Oh, by the way, I'd appreciate it if instead of passing along malicious gossip and sniping to me, you'd have my back."
  • Options
    @magicink I almost feel more confused than before!!!!!! haha

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @magicink I almost feel more confused than before!!!!!! haha
    Yeah, the heads still look real to me!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards