Chit Chat
Options

Here they come! 5...4....3....2.....

CMGragainCMGragain member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited December 2014 in Chit Chat
Welcome all the new brides-to-be who got engaged over Christmas.  I wish you all happiness and success for your future.

Welcome to the Knot.  We will help you plan a perfectly wonderful wedding day.  We won't lie to you.  We won't tell you your idea is wonderful if it isn't.  We will tell you the absolute truth that your friends and relatives might be thinking, but are too polite to actually tell you.  We want you to have a beautiful and affordable wedding.

Relax and enjoy your engagement.  Congratulations!
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Here they come! 5...4....3....2.....

• Options
    There's a two-day wait before they can start posting. So, I'd say the onslaught will start tomorrow or Saturday.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Yup. My FB feed already has three engagements in it.
  • Options
    Man I'm glad H didn't wait for a 'special occasion' to propose. I would've had to wait an extra five months.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I would have been bummed if FI had used a major holiday to propose honestly. But that's just me. 

Funny story, I had these two friends in high school that dated for years and moved out to TX together. They broke up, both stayed in the same town in Texas, and dated other people. They both got engaged to these other people on Valentine's Day. That was an awkward News Feed...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe some of the NEY board ladies will venture on over to here and Etiquette. :)

• Options
    Don't forget about New Years engagements.  DH was going to propose on New Years, but decided spur of the moment to do it under a lunar eclipse on winter solstice without the ring.  Wait, does this mean I get a re-do proposal??  ;)

Followed by a fresh crop of Valentines Day engagements.

Congrats to the new brides!

• Options
    I only have one engagement in my newsfeed so far.
  • Options
    I have one engagement too and she isn't even divorced yet!
  • Options
    I've got 3 engagements and 2 baby announcements. . . . . 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    I only got 1 as well so far. 

I got engaged a week before christmas last year, FI was thinking about doing it during christmas but didnt want to be cliche

• Options
    I saw one engagement and one baby announcement on my FB.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any but I was actually a little surprised that my cousin didn't get engaged!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I had one engagement but my sister got engaged a couple weeks ago.

• Options
    No engagement announcements on my FB, but there was one pregnancy announcement. All I got to announce today was... getting hit by a deer on my way to Christmas. Man, I totally got the raw end of the deal this year!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Engagement announcement via snapchat. :unamused: it was for a friend's sister though so... maybe less terrible? I'm not sure.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Nothing on my newsfeed yet, but my coworker told me he was proposing to his girlfriend on Christmas morning. They haven't posted anything yet, so either they are waiting to tell family, or he didn't go through with is.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I had one engagement a week or two ago, and H had one baby announcement yesterday (friends who got married two weeks after us; having a baby in June!)

• Options
    ShellD13ShellD13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    One of each so far...

ETA: I forgot a baby announcement so my count is one and two...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    There are technically 3 engagements on my feed, but one is only there because my friend posted about his friend being engaged.

It was our engagent-versary yesterday too!
  • Options
    None on my feed as of yet. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think I saw 2 engagements, and 2 baby announcements. Engagements are "friends" of FI, babies are "friends" of mine. But I didn't really keep track. There might have been more.
  • Options
    Oh, just saw a baby announcement. I'm really happy for her because I know they were trying for a while. But the announcement is totally cheesy! They had cards printed up and mailed them to people.
  • Options
    No engagements or babies in my circle. I think next year will be the year of engagements amongst my friends and family, though. I am already aware of 3 proposals coming in the not so distant future.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    No engagement or baby announcements this year on my Facebook. I'm anticipating a couple next week on NYE.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards