June 2015 Weddings

June 20th wedding help! time!

Hey Ladies!
I need some help deciding on a time for our wedding. It is June 20th in Northwestern Pa and it is all outside. I don't want it to be too hot but I wanted to play lawn games. I was thinking start around 5 but then I read that that is the worst time to start. I want to do some pics before and then pics with the future hubby obviously after the ceremony. I have planned for the ceremony and then pics, lawn games and appetizers during and then buffet style dinner afterwards. Going on into the evening with just drinking and dancing. I am totally confused as to the time to start the ceremony. The sun sets around 9. and I did buy a lot of lights so it could still be bright with lights. I just want it to look good and make sense. Pictures are important so I want to take those at a good time as well. I want people to have fun and not be so hot, but it is sort of in the woods so I don't want people to worry about it being dark out there. I was also planning on having a fire afterwards.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: June 20th wedding help! time!

• I'm getting married in Pittsburgh 6/26... Our ceremony is 4:30. Cocktail hour to follow dinner at 7, dancing the rest of the night. Our photographer wasn't concerned with lighting- he suggested we sneak away for a few sunset pictures after dinner while guests are dancing
  • Is yours outside? I would love sunset photos! Thanks!

• My ceremony is outside, the reception is in a barn but as long as the weather is nice we are going back outside for the sunset pictures :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards