Chit Chat
Options

A few questions on a Monday Morning,...

Good morning fellow Knotties!  I just got back last night from a week in California with my family and FI!  So here are a few questions to start off your Monday that I need answers to:

1.  How do you deal with jet lag?  I have the worst time with time changes and am a terrible sleeper to begin with and by the time I finally adjusted to West Coast time, now I'm back on East Coast time.  Blah.  I've slept like 10 hours total in the last 3 days.  So any tips?

2.  What songs do you work out to?  I'm kicking my workouts back into gear and need some new tunes.

3.  Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of?

4.  What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE?

5.  What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19?

Re: A few questions on a Monday Morning,...

• Options
    1.  I feel you. Last time I flew back from China I was up for around 50 straight hours. Going there was fine. Coming back was a bitch. The only thing that works for me is to suffer through your normal waking hours and drink as much caffeine as you need. Then take sleeping pills for your normal bed time. Drink a ton of water and -- I read in an article this really helps for some reason-- eat a lot of pasta or high-carb food. 

2.  Rob Zombie, Offspring, anything that has kind of a fast-beat and slight angry edge so that I feel like kicking ass. Also stuff like "Hello" by Dragonette (again, cuz of the beat) 

3.  I got some pretty good stuff from WalMart once, but I typically avoid that place for so many reasons 

4.  Gouda, Brie, and something sharper and less soft... I can't think of a good one that fits that description right now... 

5.  I got a really sentimental custom-made gift from FSIL that made me cry. It was awesome. Plus hanging out with FI's family (and not seeing my sister) over Christmas was really relaxing and fun. We laughed so much my face hurt. 

Welcome back from California! 
  • Options
    Hope you had a great Christmas- sounds like you did!
    1. How do you deal with jet lag? I don't really get jet lag, only got it once in Tokyo. Sleep, sleep, sleep is the only cure. We took zzzquil & slept for like 15 hours then we were pretty fine.

2. What songs do you work out to?  My running playlist on my ipod is very fast paced, upbeat music so I can stride with the beats. My favorites on there are- lil jon get low,
    turn down for what, cassie me & you, avril lavigne girlfriend, chris brown run it, christina aguilera fighter, and then some old techno songs like darude sandstorm.
    3. Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of? I have tons of Nike gear that I got at TJMaxx. The original tags are always $30-50 and I pay like $12. For me it has to be the dryfit/ almost sheer tank tops, I get to hot in anything solid cotton.

4. What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE? sharp cheddar, brie, muenster

5. What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19? Our Christmas at the bed & breakfast in Maine was nice and relaxing and I can't wait to go back in summertime!

• Options
    1.  How do you deal with jet lag?  I ain't never dun flew newhere far nuff to git jet lag. I hopefully will be able to travel after being swallowed in student debt. 

2.  What songs do you work out to?  Kid Cudi all of it forever

3.  Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of? I just bought a 400 dollar exercise bike from target! Mostly because I had a gift card, but it was a schwinn so that was sweet. 

4.  What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE? PICK UP A SALAD

haha just kidding get some bacon on that shit

5.  What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19? IDK if you saw my Christmas Miracle thread, but FI's dad broke his brain and miraculously is still alive. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    1. Can't help. The longest flight I've ever been on is four hours. 

2. I can work out to anything. So I'm no help here either.

3. I have workout pants from Old Navy that are inexpensive but nice. I love them. 

4. Yes. All the cheese. 

5. My mom used to buy my brother, sister and I all the hallmark keepsake son and daughter ornaments for Christmas. Apparently she had bought several for the next few years because this year when my stepdad was putting up the Christmas stuff, he found new ones in boxes. This is our first Christmas without her and that sucked balls, but it was really nice to get them. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    1. Nap. Only jet lag I've ever had was between Ireland or Germany and America, so the only way to fix it is to reboot my sleeping.

2. Stuff that makes me feel like a sexy badass. "Burial" by Yogi, "Mercy" by Kanye, "Closer" by Kings of Leon, "Devil Nights" by Electric Six

3. When you find out, tell me!

4. Brie, Havarti with dill, and Jarlsberg.

5. Mom sent us home with like 5 pounds of cookies, candies, and cupcakes to make up for the fact that I couldn't eat any of them while I was at her house.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    larrygaga I need to go check out that thread!  And can you believe that my FI doesn't eat meat?  He's a monster.  But his friends who are coming over are bringing all sorts of yummy meats so I'm excited!

• Options
    I don't really get jet lag. I change my watch on the plane then take a nap, when I wake up I convince myself I've slept that many hours.

Old Navy for workout gear. Sometimes TJMaxx had some great stuff.

Manchego, gruyere and brie on the cheese board.

• Options

1.  How do you deal with jet lag?  I don't think I have ever experienced bad jet lag yet. When we went to Vegas and Cali, we felt pretty tired, but I drank a huge cup of coffee to get me through the day. Now that you're back home, unless you have to work, maybe drink some wine and just relax for the rest of the day, and get to bed early. If you're at work - lots of coffee!

2.  What songs do you work out to? I tend to work out to reggaeton, or old 80's pop. If I'm running outdoors, I'll listen to 80's cardio radio on Pandora.

3.  Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of? H&M, or Forever 21 has decent stuff for cheap. I just got a pair of workout pants last week from Amazon, they're Champion and I think I got them for like $25. Maybe Old Navy, too.

4.  What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE? Smoked Gouda, Manchego, and Asiago!

5.  What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19? FI got me more kickboxing classes for Christmas! So now I can continue my classes through the new year :D
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    larrygaga I need to go check out that thread!  And can you believe that my FI doesn't eat meat?  He's a monster.  But his friends who are coming over are bringing all sorts of yummy meats so I'm excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    1.  I wish I had a good tip. Sleeping on the plane is almost impossible for me, but it doesn't seem to ever work for me. 

2.  I have a lot of JT, Rhianna, Britney, Lady Gaga, Pink for working out. I also throw some 90s hard rock in there, with NIN and RATM. 

3. I've found some good deals at Gap Body. 

4.  Gouda, brie, and stilton. 

5.  My aunt got me an awesome cheeseboard for Christmas. 
  • Options
    @climbingbrideny yeah I can't sleep on planes either.  It's bad enough that I rarely sleep to begin with but now I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open at work!  And I love 90's hard rock for working out!  I forget about that but today's playlist will have it for sure!

• Options
    never had jetlag.

dont work out a lot but i would listen to rock if its HIIT or something calming for yoga.

clothes old navy and target

cheese not to sure i love the normal cheese

and nothing new really happened.... i did get a new vera bradley for christmas.
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:

hahah this reminded me of my husband. He would say "kraft singles?". I sliced some sharp cheddar on Christmas and he ate it but had no idea what kind it was. SMH

• Options
    1.  How do you deal with jet lag?  
    I don't have too many tips.  The only times I've flown over time zones was to France.  I slept for a few hours and I was okay by the second day.  I think you just need to nap.

2.  What songs do you work out to?  
    Ke$ha.  All the Ke$ha.

3.  Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of?
    I like the C9 stuff at Target.  Marshall's also has a pretty good selection.

4.  What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE?
    Brie, bleu, and a really sharp cheddar.

5.  What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19?
    I found a mistake at work that reduced the number of documents I had to review by literally 90%.  I danced a little bit in my office.  And I had a nice, restful Christmas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    @jcbride2015 I have no idea how I forgot about my love for Kesha for working out.  Adding her!!!

• Options
    Good morning fellow Knotties!  I just got back last night from a week in California with my family and FI!  So here are a few questions to start off your Monday that I need answers to:

1.  How do you deal with jet lag?  I have the worst time with time changes and am a terrible sleeper to begin with and by the time I finally adjusted to West Coast time, now I'm back on East Coast time.  Blah.  I've slept like 10 hours total in the last 3 days.  So any tips? None that are any good. Sleep as much as you can the day you get back, then try to stay awake as long as possible before falling asleep at night--naps can ruin your whole day/night balance.

2.  What songs do you work out to?  I'm kicking my workouts back into gear and need some new tunes. I dig Daddy Yankee (the Ur-reggaeton god and only one who uses any discretion in his autotune) and pretty much the entire Hip-Hop workout playlist on Spotify.

3.  Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of? Old Navy. Their stuff is of decent quality and you can't beat workout pants for like $15.

4.  What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE? I like to do one soft (triple-creme or brie or epoisses if you're serving an adventurous crowd), one smoked (gouda is my favorite) and one "stretch"--maybe a pungent Manchego or a sheep or goat cheese, or an intense gorgonzola served with a fig jam to balance out the funkiness.

5.  What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19? Just went home for the holidays and got to spend lots of quality time with family (and the family's dogs, hooray!)

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    1. I rarely get jet lag, so I can't help. I just do that thing where you force yourself to stay awake/go to sleep at the new time on the first day and my sleeping resets itself right away. But I am one of those people who falls asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

2. I like just plain old pop and club type music for working out - I run, so the bpm is all I want and music made for dancing is usually good for running too. I love a DJ called Girl Talk for his mashups. And Pumpkin! I don't really listen to much pop otherwise, though. Just on the treasmill.

3. No help here, I'm one of those Lulu buying idiots. But I do buy little girl's yoga pants at Costco sometimes.

4. Also no help as I pretty much only eat goat cheese.

5. Not too much - lots of days off, nice time with family, nice gifts, and a great ski weekend out in the Rockies - here's a photo I took off the top of a back bowl chairlift this weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. Lunesta/ambient at 8pm current time does the trick for me.

2. Throw back Brittany and Eminem.

3. Target. I firmly believe in investing in gear that will last a long time though.

4. Manchego, guyere and havarti.

5. Vacation away from work and screens!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

1. I try to get on the new time ASAP.  And I try to sleep on the plane, but I suck at that.  I'm usually bad going to Europe but great coming home cos I'm a night owl.  

2.  I like fast tempo upbeat stuff, or heavier/harder rock that is fast paced too.  I don't usually listen to my own though, just whatever is on.  Or TV if I'm in the basement on the treadmill

3. Can't help, cos I'm a Lulu whore.  But it's my work clothes, so I can justify spending $100 on a pair of pants.  I do like Nike and Under Armour too, and sometimes their stuff is cheaper.  

4. No idea.  I love fresh mozza, but it's a little tricky for cheese trays I think. 

5. I started pulling my round off layout on my own (landing on a crash mat), but with no spotter.  

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    1.  How do you deal with jet lag?  I don't think I've ever gotten jet lag. All the flights I take are usually 5+ hours, so I typically stay up as late as possible (I try to book morning flights), make sure I've got everything together, and then sleep on the plane. I try to make sure I wake up a couple times during the flight (not hard to accomplish) so I can drink some water. Usually works pretty well for the time change from EST to the one out in Hawaii.

2.  What songs do you work out to?  Uptempo rap and pop music.

3.  Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of? TJ Maxx/Marshalls. For reals.

4.  What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE? Taleggio, Dill Havarti, Gorgonzola Dolce

5.  What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19? After a whole weekend of being scared that my cat had a blockage and would need exploratory surgery and biopsies, my cat has gotten everything out (trying to spare you of grossness) and is back on her normal happy kitty track.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    1. No tips here! 
    2. Kesha, Pandora- Dance Cardio Radio or Pop Fitness Radio
    3. I just got some new gear from JC Penny that I'm loving. Old Navy has some pretty great stuff on clearance to (in store is usually even cheaper than online!)
    4. All the CHEESE! Brie with pears is my absolutely favorite. 
    5. Best thing that has happened to me recently is finally being able to give my family and FI nice gifts for Christmas! Woohoo for a real job making decent money!!!! 
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    mrsk616 said:

hahah this reminded me of my husband. He would say "kraft singles?". I sliced some sharp cheddar on Christmas and he ate it but had no idea what kind it was. SMH
    i like stuff like sharp cheddar montery jack pepper jack (on occasion not a lot of it) mozeralla and smoked provolone. crazy named think i havent tried or cared to
  • Options
    Oh! You know what I did that was really good with cheese (besides eating it)? I put some gorgonzola out and drizzled honey over it. Mmmmmm. 
  • Options
    Oh! You know what I did that was really good with cheese (besides eating it)? I put some gorgonzola out and drizzled honey over it. Mmmmmm. 
    FUCKING YEEEESSSS.

If anyone can score some real honey comb stuff, get that and put it on some bitey cheese. omfg sooooo good.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Y'all need to step your game up from Old Navy workout gear. You can pay the same price for quality Nike/ Adidas/ New Balance at discount stores like tjmaxx marshalls. Tanks are always $10 and pants $19. I just find everything from Old Navy gets either shrunk 3 sizes or stretched out 3 sizes.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Y'all need to step your game up from Old Navy workout gear. You can pay the same price for quality Nike/ Adidas/ New Balance at discount stores like tjmaxx marshalls. Tanks are always $10 and pants $19. I just find everything from Old Navy gets either shrunk 3 sizes or stretched out 3 sizes.
    Huh. I've never had a problem with that. I do love me some discounted fancy brands, though. Hit up the Under Armor outlet store when I was home and it was bitchin'.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    beethery said:
    FUCKING YEEEESSSS.

If anyone can score some real honey comb stuff, get that and put it on some bitey cheese. omfg sooooo good.
    I had really honey comb honey with blue cheese once and it was the best ever. 
  • Options
    1.  How do you deal with jet lag?  I have the worst time with time changes and am a terrible sleeper to begin with and by the time I finally adjusted to West Coast time, now I'm back on East Coast time.  Blah.  I've slept like 10 hours total in the last 3 days.  So any tips? I have always slept as much as I can on the plane and have never had a problem with jet lag in cross country trips.

2.  What songs do you work out to?  I'm kicking my workouts back into gear and need some new tunes. Anything upbeat with a fairly fast tempo. I'm at the library and don't have my iPod with my songs right now. 

3.  Any cheap places to buy workout gear I should know of? I like the shorts and tank tops I have bought at Fred Meyer in their clothing section. Actually, the tanks I've bought at Fred Meyer are my two favorites. 

4.  What 3 kinds of cheese should I pick up for NYE? Havarti, gouda, sharp cheddar.

5.  What's the best thing that happened to you since I was last on here on 12/19? I got a sewing machine for Christmas!!!  I've already made two pot holders (we really need some) as a project because I can't work on my shirt for H because I can't find the pattern since we moved!  GRRRR
  • Options
    1. If you can schedule your flight to land when it's dark out that helps- just go straight to bed. Otherwise do everything you can to stay up til 8pm, go to bed, start over. Don't drink caffeine after 3pm new time.
    2. I'm old school. I just got back into running and Fleetwood Mac's Tusk keeps me on cadence (180 bpm). I also had Snow Shoe Thompson (Tennessee Ernie Ford) pop up on my play list and it was pretty funny for my cold run ("go man go gotta get on through the snow, mush man mush, gotta get on through the slush").
    3. Target all the way. They have shorts that are compression under loose fitting and they are lovely.
    4. I'm so behind the Gouda and the Brie. I always go to Whole Foods and get wine/cheese recommendations (so far it has worked for my moms Christmas present and for the wedding).
    5. I started my new job today! First day, and I ended up bringing a guinea pig home to rehab. My husband is OBSESSED with it. And it is so going back when it is better- we have three dogs. We do not need a guinea pig.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards