Chit Chat
Options

Confessions....

Most of you remember hearing of my a-hole brother (the one who wanted me to insure his car because of his DUI). Well he only cares about himself and no one else. I have given him gifts for 2 wedding showers, 2 weddings, 2 baby showers, and countless kid's gifts for birthdays and holidays. He and his wife did not even give me a wedding card. Nothing, not even an empty card. Who does that??!?!

Last year at Christmas, I spent time picking out nice personalized gifts for them- she was pregnant so I got a spa set in Eucalyptus for calming, and him some Patriots gear and a newlywed Christmas ornament. They handed husband and I a gift card to the gas station next to their house. Pretty sure they bought it that morning when they went out for donuts. Gee...thanks....So this year, I gave my niece and nephew their gifts then I waited. Nothing given to husband and I. I had gift cards for them for stores/ restaurants in my purse....and I kept them for myself.

Might sound petty but whatever, I'm over him and his behavior so it felt good. I know you guys have some confessions to make.........

Re: Confessions....

• Options
    i didnt feel like spending much on my fmil (she is kinda of a bitch anyways) so i made her a scarf as in actually crochet a scarf. actually finished it on christmas eve. calling it close there. 

i love my fi but my god he can be so annoying. he is so indecisive its not even funny.
  • Options

That's frustrating in regards to the thank you cards but I guess you can't expect your gifts to be reciprocated. Hopefully your niece and nephew appreciate the gifts they got. :)

My confession is I didn't have a lot of fun this Christmas and now I feel like a grinch. We visited H's family this year and I would've much rather stayed home and spent it with my family. I was sick for half the week and now I'm super behind at work. Plus we had to spend a lot of time with family friends of his family and I really don't care for any of them. The only bright spot of the entire week was taking H's niece and nephew ice skating and then out for hot chocolate and going clay pigeon shooting on a different day. It didn't even snow... :(

I also want to confess I'm irritated with H because he insisted on trying to shut off our main water supply before we left for vacation because he was worried about pipes exploding. Point 1 - we live in Georgia. It rarely gets below freezing. Point 2 - the forecasted weather for the week was warm, in the 50s and 60s with lows in the high 40s so the chance of freezing weather was zero anyway. Anyway, the main water valve is now stuck open halfway and our water pressure sucks. I've had to take two shitty showers since getting home with water trickling out. I just want a long, hot shower with water blasting away at my back. At least he's fixing the valve today (hopefully the fix works) so I can stop feeling annoyed whenever I get in the shower.

• Options

@lapeanut1018 Low water pressure is my ultimate torture!!!! I need the shower to beat me. We stayed at a fancy bed & breakfast for Christmas and there was an expensive rain showerhead and the thing could not even rinse out my shampoo. I was pissed. And that stinks that you didn't have fun, at least it will be your family's turn next year!

• Options

Mine is that I haven't spoken to my sister in almost 3months (despite spending Thanksgiving & Xmas with them), but my BFF keeps me informed what shenanigans she is up to because although she deleted me & FI on Facebook, she forgot about BFF.

I also confess that I hope this keeps up until the wedding so I am less likely to be guilted into having her in it.  An apology hardly seems forthcoming at this point though.

I almost want to choose a bridesmaid dress for my BFF, even though I've told her to wear whatever, just so sis doesn't get the opportunity to order it.

Oh, and I also confess that I am SO over BFF's breakup which has been going on for almost 2 months now. 

This is my already-tiny circle and I might as well just be a hermit, I swear!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Good for you! I wouldn't have given them the cards either. 

Apparently my brother went to his friend's house in Jersey Friday night. He got drunk, so he left his car there and took a cab home. I guess he was too hungover Saturday to get it, because I got a call from him at 8pm on Sunday night to go drive him to get it. I was already in bed my in PJs. I lied and said I didn't feel good. 

He's constantly asking me to take him to his car after he's been out drinking. It's great that he's not drinking and driving, but seriously, either take a cab both ways or cab it back to your car. You're 32 and I'm not your personal driver! 
    this totally sounds like one of my FI friends. countless times have we had to get his car out of impound. like seriously man. this last time the police took the plates off the car and the impound lot didnt note it as a tow only. glad that friend is no longer in the US
  • Options
    I do not feel bad for putting FBIL off. FSIL got him an iPod for christmas. They have a laptop with a CD drive, the cables they need, and instruction booklets that came with everything.

He does not want to rip his own CDs and put them on his iPod himself. He also does not want to learn how to set up his own XBox subscription, on his xbox that he uses every day. Doesn't think he can figure it out.

Motherfucker figured out how to play Destiny with no input from us. Went up SIX LEVELS IN LESS THAN AN HOUR, figured out TONS of shit about the game (we've had the shit for over a month and I'm still like "What are them... balloon lookin'... shooty robot things? Sharks? Shanks? I don't know but I like to punch 'em."), but doesn't want to bother figuring out how to use his fucking iPod himself because he doesn't think that he can. FSIL doesn't think that she can either.

NOTSORRY bitches but I am going to take my sweet time on this and hope that you figure out how to do this yourself, because you're not doing shit else right now.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    My confession is that I have been getting really annoyed with one of my friends lately. She is just...I don't know how to put it...immature? She has always been like that and I have ignored it for the most part, but lately it is just irritatiing as all get out. I have been trying to distance myself.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I confess that I was secretly a little bit glad that my brother didn't come home for Christmas. He's studying in China until mid January. Last year he was a total jerk to everyone, started tons of arguments, and made it unpleasant all around. This year was peaceful, no bickering, none of my brother's "I know it all and everyone else is an idiot" bullshit, we all had a great time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    When I was cleaning out the buffet drawers, I found a birthday card my sister sent to Moose last year. With a 25$ Barnes and Noble card, unused, still in it. I haven't told him. I put the serial code into my Nook account to see if it was still good, and now it's sitting in there. So there's time to come clean and tell him. But I haven't yet. 
  • Options
    My brother and SIL are also douchebags. I could go on and on but a big example is when she showed up 45 minutes late to the baby shower my sister and I hosted without an apology then left early without a thank you. No card, nothing. 

For Christmas I didn't want their kid to not get a gift because her parents are assholes, but I also didn't want them to benefit. I got the kid a savings bond.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

@lolo883 HA-HA! So glad that I'm not the only one who did that. :)

• Options
    My brother and SIL are also douchebags. I could go on and on but a big example is when she showed up 45 minutes late to the baby shower my sister and I hosted without an apology then left early without a thank you. No card, nothing. 

For Christmas I didn't want their kid to not get a gift because her parents are assholes, but I also didn't want them to benefit. I got the kid a savings bond.
    Hold up. Was the shower for your brother and SIL? They showed up late for their own shower??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    levieenroselevieenrose member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Sometimes people end up not getting the kids anything in those situations--I think you did the exact right thing. Don't punish the kids, but you don't have to put yourself out for the people who aren't interested or can't appreciate it. 

My parents finally decided (after multiple phone-therapy sessions with me) that after decades of sending gifts to people who never returned the favor, they would just send a holiday card this year. Guess who decided to send my parents a gift this year? Now my poor mom is in a tizzy again. Figures. 

Edited for grammar

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    My confession is that it's a good thing I'm at work and not at home because I want to punch FI in the face right now. I have a friend he isn't fond of (because one year he was throwing me a surprise bday party and she almost ruined it because she didn't care enough to follow through on things he had asked her to help with or to bother telling him she didn't/couldn't help. She just let him assume stuff had gotten done.) She wanted to get together for NYE. Sitting in front of FI and relaying this conversation to him, I made plans with her via text. A few weeks later she wanted to confirm our plans, I asked FI again if he was sure he wanted her to come hang out with us since she isn't his favorite person, and he of course it was fine, he "was not going to tell me I couldn't see my friends."
    Awesome.
    I've caught absolute shit about it for the past 2 weeks because he hates her and is dreading her coming over. I'm about to fucking lose it.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    blabla89 said:

Hold up. Was the shower for your brother and SIL? They showed up late for their own shower??
    Yes, it was their shower. My brother didn't show up at all. SIL was late, came in and said, "well, I guess you can't start without me" and plopped down. No one ever received a thank you, verbally or written. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

blabla89 said:

Yes, it was their shower. My brother didn't show up at all. SIL was late, came in and said, "well, I guess you can't start without me" and plopped down. No one ever received a thank you, verbally or written. 
    image WHAT???? What kind of shit is that????
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:
    blabla89 said:

image WHAT???? What kind of shit is that????
    This is unfortunately not the last in a long line of bullshit from these people. My mom used to guilt my sister and I into being nice to them. Well, my mom isn't here any more and we're having a very hard time keeping our mouths shut. 

They insisted that they host Christmas morning when they are shitty hosts. We brought a cooler with sandwiches and bag chairs. 
  • Options
    I had a customer over the weekend bitch about her chair not being in yet and she wanted a discount to keep it. I told her I wasn't authorized to do that and she'd need to talk to my manager.

I'm totally authorized, she was just a bitch about it and I didn't feel like doing it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have too many things to confess.
    I did not get any of my siblings anything this year.  I too, am tired of not receiving anything in return, not even acknowledgement or a thank you.  I wasn't going to do anything for BILs family this year especially, but the day I made that decision SIL texted H wanting to know what our Christmas lists were.

H and I purposefully did not spend a lot or even the same amount on his mother and her new FI that we did my parents because we are both angry and hurt about certain things that have gone down in the last couple weeks.  We actually gave them that restaurant giftcard we got as one of our wedding gifts from the BSC coworker.

I cutoff all communication with my parents yesterday.  All because of my mother and her stupid mouth.  I'm going to miss my dog and my dad.  But they are a package deal and the damage she's caused has outweighed the good.  I cried about it all day yesterday and have been sneaking off to the bathroom while at work today to cry about it.  I'm an unfocused puffy mess.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I did not get any of my siblings anything this year.  I too, am tired of not receiving anything in return, not even acknowledgement or a thank you.  I wasn't going to do anything for BILs family this year especially, but the day I made that decision SIL texted H wanting to know what our Christmas lists were.

H and I purposefully did not spend a lot or even the same amount on his mother and her new FI that we did my parents because we are both angry and hurt about certain things that have gone down in the last couple weeks.  We actually gave them that restaurant giftcard we got as one of our wedding gifts from the BSC coworker.

I cutoff all communication with my parents yesterday.  All because of my mother and her stupid mouth.  I'm going to miss my dog and my dad.  But they are a package deal and the damage she's caused has outweighed the good.  I cried about it all day yesterday and have been sneaking off to the bathroom while at work today to cry about it.  I'm an unfocused puffy mess.
    (((hugs)))

• Options

more (((hugs))) !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    My great grandmother passed away yesterday and I am not even sad. It didn't even put a damper on my Seahawks winning yesterday. 

I just don't care...

She was an evil bitch. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    BFF got pregnant accidentally by her piece of shit boyfriend. It's looking like we can't get pregnant. I'm avoiding her drama because it's too hard. She's talking abortion- which realistically is the best option - but I can't even weigh in sensibly.

Also, DH is being such an asshat lately that I'm working late to avoid him. He wants help with a school project but I have no intention of doing shit for him until he apologizes for his recent BS and makes an attempt to fix it. And yes, I know I'm petty but he's been putting off his project for months knowing that I would be crazy busy at work now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    BFF got pregnant accidentally by her piece of shit boyfriend. It's looking like we can't get pregnant. I'm avoiding her drama because it's too hard. She's talking abortion- which realistically is the best option - but I can't even weigh in sensibly. Also, DH is being such an asshat lately that I'm working late to avoid him. He wants help with a school project but I have no intention of doing shit for him until he apologizes for his recent BS and makes an attempt to fix it. And yes, I know I'm petty but he's been putting off his project for months knowing that I would be crazy busy at work now.
    Same boat as you @wandajune6 I am so sorry, internet hugs!

My friend recently got engaged over the holidays. I was thrilled and congratulated her but she has been doing this annoying thing by showing off her ring to everybody. She tells them the diamond size, the jeweler, etc. I am this close to screaming. She points the ring in my face and is like "OMG look at my ring....it's SO huge, why didn't you get one THIS size..." I added her on my phone block and hid her stuff from my profile. I wish she would just zip it.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    I tried to get FI to "accidentally" forget to invite his douche cousins who "forget" my name after seeing me several times a year for 10 years. He is worried it would cause too much drama and he thinks I should just get over it.

I think I might still accidentally lose it in the mail and not tell him. (Burn it)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    I tried to get FI to "accidentally" forget to invite his douche cousins who "forget" my name after seeing me several times a year for 10 years. He is worried it would cause too much drama and he thinks I should just get over it. I think I might still accidentally lose it in the mail and not tell him. (Burn it)
    Just transpose the digits in their address(es) so it goes to someone else.

• Options
    My confession is that I've had days off work and DH has not.... And I'm so happy to have peace and quiet and be able to do what I please. I lived alone for about 8 years before he moved in (this past March). I think Im still adjusting to not just married life but actually living with someone.
    Freeeedom!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards