Chit Chat
Options

Getting hit on

...by older men. 

Whhhyyyy?? 

It's not like I care to be hit on, but if someone must do it why is it always men my father's age? Do I seriously look that old?! Or is my clothing that unfashionable? It makes me feel like a miserable old hag.

Does anyone else have this problem? 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

Re: Getting hit on

• Options
    I don't think it is because you look old, but rather the older men wanting a hot young body.

Last time I was in Vegas an older guy (probably 55 or so...I was 28 at the time) wrapped his arms around my waist and asked me if I wanted a change from husband for the night.  It certainly didn't make me feel old but I did feel rather creeped out by him.

• Options
    ...by older men. 

Whhhyyyy?? 

It's not like I care to be hit on, but if someone must do it why is it always men my father's age? Do I seriously look that old?! Or is my clothing that unfashionable? It makes me feel like a miserable old hag.

What's wrong with older dudes? I know a lot of fun, fashionable guys that happen to be my Dad's age. (Early 50s) I'd take the attention and enjoy it. Y'know, if it doesn't make your skin crawl. Because some guys (old, young and in between) are just creepers.

• Options
    I got hit on the night of the wedding, while I was still in my wedding dress. Some men hit on women, regardless of circumstances. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure young and hot is attractive to men of every age. Don't think negatively of yourself because of it :)

• Options
    Oh wow. None of them have ever gone so far as to touch me--especially around the waist! That's so gross, and I'm really sorry that happened to you. 

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with a hot body in my case, especially when I'm wrapped up in a huge friggin' coat. Fortunately most of the guys I've run into aren't overtly creepy...just like 15 to 30 years older. But it's so many of them it's depressing.

• Options
    I used to get hit on by older men in the townie bars all the time. I think it's just because a lot of those people are classless, and are often looking for a young girlfriend or a third ex-wife.

But that was my impression from my experience.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Options
    I got hit on the night of the wedding, while I was still in my wedding dress. Some men hit on women, regardless of circumstances. 
    --Yikes!

• Options
    Yup, same thing happened to me.  I was all "are you being serious right now?" as I was pointing at my dress.

• Options
    ...by older men. 

Whhhyyyy?? 

What's wrong with older dudes? I know a lot of fun, fashionable guys that happen to be my Dad's age. (Early 50s) I'd take the attention and enjoy it. Y'know, if it doesn't make your skin crawl. Because some guys (old, young and in between) are just creepers.
    Aww, you're right. It's just that it's ALWAYS older men. Always!! I'm not sure what that means?

• Options
    ...by older men. 

Whhhyyyy?? 

Aww, you're right. It's just that it's ALWAYS older men. Always!! I'm not sure what that means?

Damnit. Stuck in a box!

As some of the PPs have said, young and beautiful is attractive to any age :) Just be thankful nobody has tried to touch you. Ew. 

• Options
    Yup, same thing happened to me.  I was all "are you being serious right now?" as I was pointing at my dress.
    Ha! I pretty much had the same reaction. The guy that hit on me was there celebrating his FIL's birthday. So I asked him where his wife was. When my H came over, the guy said, "You're not going to punch me, are you?" And my H just laughed and said no. Everyone at the after party was cracking up about it. 
  • Options
    I typically get hit on while at the grocery store, in the produce department, by older guys. Younger guys usually hit on me when I'm at places like Walmart, Target or CVS. At bars, I get guys of all ages trying to hit on me - which usually leads to them unwittingly buying a drink for DH.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    MegEn1 said:
    I used to get hit on by older men in the townie bars all the time. I think it's just because a lot of those people are classless, and are often looking for a young girlfriend or a third ex-wife.

To the bolded: ha ha. I have wondered if it has to do with somehow looking maternal or like you must be good at taking care of things. 

@Cookie Pusher, I like how you've figured out the trends. :) 

• Options
    MegEn1 said:

To the bolded: ha ha. I have wondered if it has to do with somehow looking maternal or like you must be good at taking care of things. 

@Cookie Pusher, I like how you've figured out the trends. :) 
    I started noticing it about 8 years ago, and have just kept a mental track of it. It's scary, actually, that I have NEVER been hit on at the grocery store by someone younger than me. I look very young, which makes it even creepier when someone retirement age tries to invite me over for dinner and drinks!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I honestly would rather get hit on by older men than younger. In my experience they usually have a little more class when doing it.

Most recent hit by a younger man: He ID's me for cigarettes at a gas station and says "Wow, WOW - you look amazing for your age! I never thought I'd want to date someone that's THIRTY but WOW we should hang out sometime."

Most recent hit by an older man: "I see your drink is empty - care for another and some conversation?"

This is why before DH I typically exclusively dated older men. 
  • Options
    abbyj700 said:
    I honestly would rather get hit on by older men than younger. In my experience they usually have a little more class when doing it.

Most recent hit by a younger man: He ID's me for cigarettes at a gas station and says "Wow, WOW - you look amazing for your age! I never thought I'd want to date someone that's THIRTY but WOW we should hang out sometime."

Most recent hit by an older man: "I see your drink is empty - care for another and some conversation?"

This is why before DH I typically exclusively dated older men. 
    Yeah, the youngins don't have much tact when it comes to finding out that someone is older then they think they are.  My one friend was talking to this guy in a bar and she mentioned her age and he said something to the effect of "Oh wow, I got myself a cougar."  She was only 6-7 years older then the guy.

• Options
    If done respectfully, I'm shameless and it flatters me. 

However, I have no room for creepy. Recently I was leaving the grocery store and I heard "Mmm Mmm Mmm." I looked over and this grandpa said "You look niiiiiiiice" and I told him he was rude. He then called me a bitch, in front of his grandchildren. If he had omitted the grunting noises toward me, I would have said thanks. 
  • Options
    Abby and Maggie, thanks for those last comments; they gave me a better perspective.

Maeday, ugh, such a creepy old man! In front of the grandkids? I can't imagine being one of them.

• Options
    There's an older man that I work with that's a major creeper. He's probably in his late 50's and is married, but he's constantly hitting on me. 

At first I thought he was just being nice, but then he started following me down the hallway when I was leaving and getting mad at the other guys in his sector if they joked around with me. This is the wrong way to hit on someone.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In my experience, older guys are bigger creepers then younger guys.

Unfortunately for me, most of this happens while I'm at work, so I can't tell them to fuck off.

Anniversary
  • Options
    My fi co worker said (in broken English) i like your girl and i know her from somewhere. Dont know the guy never seen before 3 weeks ago so how does he know me.
  • Options
    The only guys who hit on me are creepy as hell. For once I would enjoy polite flirting
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I have a coworker that full on asked me out. He's older than my parents and likes to call me "Girly." I talked to my manager about it so he's been better.

The worst experience I had was helping a customer with a birthday cake. This man was in the store with his young son to pick up their cake. I commented on how delicious the cake looked to the boy and the father chimed in, "Yeah, I like 'em thick" while looking at me and licking his lips. I had to hold back the gag.
  • Options
    MIL was big into online dating for a while, she is 62. All of the profiles for the guys her age said they wanted some hot young 20 year old.  I think these guys have watched movies and TV shows where these older guys always have these hot 20 year olds as wives and GFs and think they can do it too.  When MIL would meet or chat with someone her own age they were always quick to ask her about meeting up to have sex.  Some of her stories were crazy!  
  • Options
    I had a guy in his 60s once say to me "you're a sexy little thing" and I responded "I'm also a gay little thing" and he goes "I'd be willing to try to fix that for you", part of me was disgusted and wanted to run. Another part was trying not to bust out laughing. It was a weird moment.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    MIL was big into online dating for a while, she is 62. All of the profiles for the guys her age said they wanted some hot young 20 year old.  I think these guys have watched movies and TV shows where these older guys always have these hot 20 year olds as wives and GFs and think they can do it too.  When MIL would meet or chat with someone her own age they were always quick to ask her about meeting up to have sex.  Some of her stories were crazy!  
    Yes!  It's like some men think they can get any "hot piece of ass" they want.  No, no you can't buddy.  
  • Options
    I used to work at a gas dock and would get hit on by older men, and when I say older I mean my grandfather's age. One of my regulars got my phone number from another girl who worked there to call and ask me out on a date... I was 19 and he was 70's.  It made for an uncomfortable summer.  
  • Options
    doeydo said:
    Yes!  It's like some men think they can get any "hot piece of ass" they want.  No, no you can't buddy.  

I instantly thought of Jay & Gloria on Modern Family hahah

• Options
    Old dudes think "Respect your elders" means "Old people can do and say whatever they want because they're untouchable and you can never be mean to them" 

• Options
    Old guys don't hit on me. They just make The Gross Hissing Sounds and Whispered Pervy Comments of Plausible Deniability.(This is also the name of my new single. The album drops Valentine's day.)
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards