Wedding Party
Options

Budget Tuxedos

My FI hasn't discussed budget yet with his groomsmen but since they will be traveling I would like to be budget friendly. Any suggestions? I would like my fiance to be in a dark grey suit. I love that look would it work to say they can wear a dark grey suit or rent a dark grey tuxedo.\? Or should I let them do black and just have my FI stand out in dark grey? To be completely honest I am fine with the tuxedo look but I prefer the look of a suit.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Budget Tuxedos

• Options
    If you're looking for an excuse to go with suits instead of tuxes, men's fashion guidelines dictate that tuxedos shouldn't be work before 6 PM I believe. So if it's a morning/afternoon wedding, suits would make more sense anyways. I'm not entirely sure about pricing, but I think it might also be cheaper to rent a suit as well.
    Some places will offer you deals where if you rent x number of outfits, you get $x off, so it may be worth calling local stores to see what deals they offer.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Since it sounds like the men are all over the place I'd go with somewhere that has locations nationwide like Mens Wearhouse.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Mixing tuxedos and suits within the wedding party is incorrect.  The men can wear suits.  They do not need to match.  You could get them matching ties, worn with white dress shirts. 
    If they wear tuxedos, then your groom should also wear a tuxedo, preferably black and after 6:00 PM.  Anything that is grey is NOT a tuxedo, especially that Vera Wang thing, even though she calls it a tux.  (Caution!  I remember powder blue tuxedos from the 1970s.)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Thanks @CMGragain ! Yeah I meant have FI wear a dark grey suit and the rest wear black suits as those would be easier to find for them and they probably already have it. Thanks for the other fashion tips, I know nothing about fashion!
  • Options
    Personally, I prefer suits at weddings.  There are more comfortable, more practical, and haven't been previously worn by drunken teenagers at their prom parties.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

My FI hasn't discussed budget yet with his groomsmen but since they will be traveling I would like to be budget friendly. Any suggestions? I would like my fiance to be in a dark grey suit. I love that look would it work to say they can wear a dark grey suit or rent a dark grey tuxedo.\? Or should I let them do black and just have my FI stand out in dark grey? To be completely honest I am fine with the tuxedo look but I prefer the look of a suit.

Thanks in advance!

....what does your FI want to wear?
    Anniversary

• Options
    @slothiegal he really doesn't care as long as he doesn't look ridiculous. He prefers the look of suits (so do I) and he just got a dark grey suit that looks amazing on him. That's why I was wondering about the dark grey suits but I don't know how easy that would be to coordinate with groomsmen (obviously I wouldn't make them buy a suit!). Or if it would look okay if he had the grey suit on and the groomsmen had black suits as they likely all already own one?
  • Options
    @ Doeydo    Can you show us pictures of weddings with non-matching suits on the men?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Pity all my pictures are prints, not digital. All our groomsmen wore whatever dark suit they wanted. Most were black, one or two were dark grey. And they looked great. All of them were able to wear suits they already owned except for the youngest, my cousin who was fresh out of high school, and his mother bought him his first suit since every man needs at least one.
  • Options

Pity all my pictures are prints, not digital. All our groomsmen wore whatever dark suit they wanted. Most were black, one or two were dark grey. And they looked great. All of them were able to wear suits they already owned except for the youngest, my cousin who was fresh out of high school, and his mother bought him his first suit since every man needs at least one.

Thanks! I don't know much about men's fashion but I figured the men would look better in a properly fitting suit they already own as opposed to an uncomfortable tuxedo.

• Options
    I love the idea of suits. But if you need cheap tux rentals, another chain place with very cheap rentals is Seno's. I believe they start at around $50. Obviously quality at that price point is lower, but they should have something in the budget/quality you need if you decide to go that route.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards