Not Engaged Yet
Options

So long, 2014!

I cannot believe it's the last day of 2014! Let's end this year on a happy note. 

What are some of your favorite memories from the past year?

What are you most looking forward to in 2015?

Re: So long, 2014!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I had a great year!

Favorite memories of 2014:

- Our surprise engagement party thrown by my best friend in July. That morning, I had gone to see my father for the first time in about 4 years. It was tough and I was kind of shaken up and upset from it. FI and I had plans to go to a birthday party for my best friend's dad, and when we arrived at her dad's friends' big gorgeous house - about 20 of our friends were there! I was more surprised than I have ever been in my life, and ecstatic that so many of FI's friends (some from 3-4 hours away) were there. It was such an awesome day. There was a huge pool, lawn games, barbecue, and lots of booze. I felt so loved, happy, and excited.

- My grandpa's 75th birthday party. It was held at a great seafood restaurant right on the water. There was a bunch of family there that I had never even met before, and they were wonderful. The food was FANTASTIC and it was a great day celebrating the patriarch of our family.

- The NEY Texas GTG. I met a bunch of NEYers and it was even better than I ever expected it to be. We drank lots of booze, ate lots of cheese, and had ridiculously fun times together. 

- My weekend at @Buddysmom80 's house, with @Goldenpenguin, @Swazzle, and @Csousa1. It was just such a fun, relaxing time. There was so much good food (Buffalo chicken dip, pickle dip, and canolli dip?!?!), and I loved hanging out by the pool whilst getting served breakfast sandwiches on a platter from @GoldenPenguin's well-trained FI. I also found my wedding dress that weekend!

- NEY NOLA GTG - Another wonderful trip with most of my favorite people. I LOVED New Orleans, and also loved staying out late and dancing for HOURS.

- The weekend FI's best friend from HS came to visit. It was just a busy, crazy weekend. We went out in the city two nights in a row, out until 2 or 3 am. We hung out with groups of different friends both nights. The afternoon in between those two nights out I went up to CT for @Buddysmom80 's bridal shower which was fantastic. Then FI's friend decided to stay an extra night, so I called out sick on Monday and enjoyed a 3 day weekend.

-------------------------------------

Most looking forward to in 2015:

- My bridal shower, bachelorette party, and WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!! 

- Honeymoon! It will be the first real vacation FI and I have been on together in TWO YEARS.

- Hopefully, by the end of the year, starting the home-buying process.

- Potentially, if-all-else-goes-according-to-plan, TTC.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @swazzle I am an asshole for not remembering that that happened this year. That was definitely a happy memory for me. Also, I am incredibly sad that it's been a year since I saw you and hugged you. REMEDY THIS NOW!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    I apparently traveled the shit out of 2014.

• Options
    @beanbot2002 - I cheated, I had to look back at my calendar a couple times :) I was talking to @cu97tiger recently about coming down for a visit soon! I have an Amtrak credit I need to use and I miss you guys so much. I think we were talking about a weekend in February. Also, assuming all continues going according to plan with my house, I would really LOVE to have you guys up here for a weekend!

• Options
    Best Memories of 2014:
    Just about everything was wedding related.  So Best Memory was getting married at Disney World - even though it went by so quickly!

Looking forward to in 2015:
    We have 3 tentative Disney vacations (well 1 booked and paid for). 
    Saving for and hopefully buying/building a house
    Getting back to some kind of normal - 2014 has been crazy with wedding planning (I hope it includes many hours spent on the back of my bicycle with H by my side).

Anniversary
  • Options
    Swazzle said:
    @beanbot2002 - I cheated, I had to look back at my calendar a couple times :) I was talking to @cu97tiger recently about coming down for a visit soon! I have an Amtrak credit I need to use and I miss you guys so much. I think we were talking about a weekend in February. Also, assuming all continues going according to plan with my house, I would really LOVE to have you guys up here for a weekend!
    Excuse me while I simultaneously pee my pants and happy ugly cry. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options

2014 had its share of great and terrible moments for me but I'll leave the terrible moments in the past and remember the good ones:

Favorite Moments:

Celebrating my son's 1st birthday with an amazing birthday party

Going on a 7 day cruise with my SO and best friends

Partying with strangers in South Beach

Hosting a surprise party for my best friend and having her be genuinely surprised

Seeing Aladdin on Broadway

Getting VIP tickets to the "On The Run Tour" for my birthday

Moving back to Brooklyn from Jersey

In 2015 I look forward to:

Finishing up some home projects

Visiting my brother (and Disney World) in California

Paying off my student loans

Getting engaged haha

• Options

Best Memories of 2014

I got to play Emily in Our Town

A wonderful bridal shower and bachelorette party.

The most wonderful perfect wedding day, anyone could ask for.

A newly remodeled kitchen!!!

Our honeymoon in Belize

My new niece!!!

I came home last night the house smelled like paint, yesterday H painted the spare bedroom (aka the someday nursery) in the most perfect shade of grey.  It was such a nice surprise and I love it!!!

In 2015:

Hopefully a baby

Opening with Doubt next weekend

the Bahamas

Hopefully one more mini vacation(get away in the summer)

Celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary

Hopefully meeting @swazzle once she settles into her new home, since she will be ~30 minutes from me

Anniversary

• Options

Best of 2014
    - Getting Married
    - Finally taking Financial Peace University
    - Meeting @IrishDreamer after like 4 years!!

Looking forward to 2015
    - I want to meet @LaPeanut1018 & @Southernpeach89! I mean, I was in the town next to them twice in 2 months and didn't get to meet them!
    - Turning the big 3-0. H and I turn 30 this year, 3 months apart. We haven't figured out exactly what we're doing, but I'm hoping it's big!
    - Reaching more financial milestones and making headway in our plans.

• Options
    @Ollie08 It just wasn't fair!!! We'll make it happen once baseball season starts again!!

• Options
    AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014

Best memories of 2014:

- Going to the shelter and finding my new best friend

- Seeing all of my family in South Dakota, even though we were gathered for sad reasons

- Hanging out at Oktoberfest with my sisters and their guys

- Watching the sun set over the Grand Canyon and seeing thousands of stars that night

Looking forward to in 2015:

- Buying a house? (fingers crossed)

- Backpacking trips with the dog

- If BF does his climbing classes, I should have time to do some skydiving next summer!

- ETA: Getting a sideways drivers license!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Happy to say goodbye to 2014 and welcome a new year. 

Highlights: my dad was diagnosed with cancer dec 5 2013 he did 8 rounds of chemo and the cancer shrunk :) he has two years of maintenance and he's doing well

My mom had a stroke, she is back to her normal self still dealing with some vision problems but other then that she is fine

my dad fell broke his elbow and sprained his wrist. But it could have been much worse. and he is able to go back to work!

my sister go engaged
    my brother got engaged

I traveled a lot for work this year. Got to work on an amazing film and a fun TV show  where I got some awesome clothes ;) 

My BF and I went on an epic road trip to northern Ontario with our dog it was SOOOO amazing we had the best time together! 

one of my best friends is having a baby when she was told she couldn't :) 

I paid of my student load with my bank!

I baked and hand piped an amazing birthday cake for my mom lol 

the thing is with all the  "Bad stuff" I came out stronger, it tested my relationship with my family and with my boyfriend but it made us all so much stronger. We look at the positive things because could have been much worse. we get through it together thats the important part. 
  • Options
    @CLoGreenEyes - Washington is my homeland! Grew up in farm country, moved to Seattle for school, and now BF and I want to buy a house in Vancouver. Basically saying that if you need help with anything related to your vacation, I'm a reasonable person to ask. Haha

• Options
    2014:
    Meeting @Ollie08‌ for the first time. .. Bitch, this needs to happen more often...i pink puffy heart love you!!! We need to get @Blue & White‌ in on it as well!!!

Watching My baby brother get married....even if I'm not thrilled with his wife and how she treats my family.

Standing up for myself and requesting a raise when i deserved one

Growing My relationship with C- we'vegone through a lot together and we are stronger for it.

Being there when my sister got her first tattoo

2015:

Celebrating ollie turning 30 *hint hint* @Ollie08‌

Hopefully going home to see my cousin get married

Hopefully going home to see my mom....i haven't seen her and my baby sister in more than 2 years.

Going to more concerts with C - we've got one planned, seeing 3 of my favorite bands, hopefully we can add more.

Watching S graduate high school
  • Options
    2014:

- Getting engaged!!
    - Buying a house!
    - Getting to spend lots of time with some of my most favorite people.

2015:

- Getting married!! Holy crap!!
    - Getting to spend even more time with some of my most favorite people.
    - My bridal shower and bachelorette :) Knowing that my bridal party (ahem, @swazzle) is going to make everything absolutely wonderful :)

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Highlights of 2014:

1) Mr. Historian coming home from Afghanistan.
    2) My youngest sister getting married.
    3) Running my first (and only) half-marathon in April!
    4) Spending Christmas with my ENTIRE family, including Mr. Historian, who came home to surprise me.  :-)

Hoping for in 2015:

1) FINISHING THE DISSERTATION AND GRADUATING.
    2) Hopefully finding a job.
    3) Mr. Historian finding a job and not having to deploy again.
  • Options
    Highlights of 2014:

Getting married
    All my cousins getting married
    Getting closer to my siblings
    Honeymooooooon

Looking forward to 2015:
    More honeymoon :D
    Buying new furniture
    Getting back in shape
    Brother's wedding
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Highlights of 2014-

I started an awesome new job this year.  I've never looked forward to going to work so much in my life.  Great job, great pay, great benefits, awesome people.  

My brother got engaged to an awesome woman.  Funnily enough she's from the same super tiny town that we are, although we've all moved away at this point.  They're so great together, I couldn't imagine anyone better for my brother.

BF and I have never been better in our practically 9 years together.  (More on that below!)

My grandma is finally at peace.  I'm super sad to see her go, but her quality of life was miserable for over a year after her stroke.  I still think about her all the time, but I know she's not suffering anymore and that gives me comfort.

Looking forward to in 2015-

Becoming closer to debt free.  Within a few short months I'll be down to only my student loans and BF will be down to only the mortgage on our house.  That amount will reduced by at least half after we sell our other house also (hopefully) sometime next year!

Vacationing with BF.  No details yet, but it's long overdue!

Girls' weekend with two of my oldest and closest friends in June.  We've been planning since last June.  They both live out of state from me so I don't get to see them nearly often enough.

Hanging out with my FSIL more and spoiling her a little before their wedding :)  

annnnddddd

Good chance of engagement, wedding, and TTC all within the next 12 months.  We've been together almost 9 years, but have never been in a big hurry to get married.  Now we're talking seriously about TTC in the next year or so and its a priority to both of us that we are married before that.  We're planning on using the ring we'd already purchased, but its important to BF that he gets to give me a "surprise proposal."  Our timeline for the past few months has been waiting until 2015 which is in like 15 minutes ;) He's at work, so obviously not this second, haha.  I am trying keep busy and distract myself so I'm not too antsy while at the same time expecting it in the next month and a half.  One of my friends from OOT is coming to stay with us this weekend and we're going to have girl time, a few crafternoons and will go see Into the Woods so that should be a good start to keeping the crazy at bay!
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I totally forgot a few -

For 2014 most memorable things:
    Thumb surgery; I entered 2015 being able to bend my right thumb.  It seems like such a non-event right now I almost forgot it ever happened!!
    H getting LASIK, I'm just glad he did it.  I had mine done in 2012.

For 2015:
    I'd really like to get on the ball and get healthy.  Start eating healthier, lose a few lbs - just get in better shape and healthier all around.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards