Chit Chat

Uni-Moon - WTH????

Now I have seen everything....

Couple takes a Uni-moon (click) because they can't sync their schedules...

Anniversary

Re: Uni-Moon - WTH????

• ShellD13 said:
    Now I have seen everything....

Couple takes a Uni-moon (click) because they can't sync their schedules...

broken link :(
  • That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There's nothing "honeymoon-y" about extending a work trip to spend even more time away from your spouse. There's no rule that you have to go on a vacation after you get married!

• I totally thought this was going to be about taking a vacation before going to a university.

My parents never had a honeymoon. They're still married. So I don't think it's a requirment.
  • If this is the only option you have then you may want to reevaluate your work life vs home life a bit.

• I don't understand why they couldn't just wait a little longer until they could work something out and take a honeymoon together.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know why we have to slap a label on very god-damn thing. 

You are allowed to just go away, even without your spouse without having to slap an excuse to explain why you are doing whatever your doing.  Your wife was working for the UN, you had time off and went to Paris.   So?  Why they need to call your Paris trip a uni-moon?  It just a fucking vacation or extended time off or whatever without your wife.  That's it.

Many men go on hunting trips and/or golf trips without their spouses.   Many women go away without their spouses.  True story, I've worked at resorts and saw many women only trips or people traveling alone even though they are married.   

Not everything needs a label. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi...are you sure it won't invalidate a marriage to go on a trip without your spouse? Seems risky....
  • @lyndausvi...are you sure it won't invalidate a marriage to go on a trip without your spouse? Seems risky....
    Shocking, but my brother and his wife will be married 20 years in Feb.   No HM.     Shocking I know.  Who would have thought a marriage could last that long without a HM?   Clearly someone should have called them out for not having a valid marriage.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    Well shit, then my marriage has been invalidated at least 10 times over.  DO OVER!!

• Both DH and I have gone away without each other.   Last year on a Monday I called him up and said "Hey, I'm going to met sister, niece, nephew in Miami and go to the Orange bowl game.  I leave at 6am on Thursday, can you take me to the airport?"

Seriously, I planned a trip for 3 days later without DH and didn't even ask him.

• I'm so fucking sick of cutesy-ass names for everything.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wait.  Did one of them also say that their uni-moon trips were also connected to WORK trips?  Like, had to go to Paris, so I stayed a few extra days after my work trip?!

WTF?  I mean, I'm sure it probably saves on some air fare and such, but that is pretty bogus.

And I call this separate vacations. 

• This is so stupid.  And why even try to connect it to your honeymoon at that point?  It's not a frickin' "uni-moon," it's a separate vacation entirely.  A honeymoon is, by definition: a vacation spent TOGETHER by a newlywed couple. 

And I don't mind taking separate vacations from SO.  I love doing road trips with my Mom and BFF.  But I wouldn't do them seperately and then call it a "uni-moon."  That's just asinine. 

• Stupid name for a vacation alone.

But at least they identified that it's a huge issue for them; being so busy and they needed to slow down for each other. I can appreciate that part of the article. 

• Whenever my mom is asked her secret to a long, happy marriage her response is:
    Separate Vacations!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Stupid name for a vacation alone.

But at least they identified that it's a huge issue for them; being so busy and they needed to slow down for each other. I can appreciate that part of the article. 
    I agree.   But there was no need to coin the phrase "uni-moon".    You simply were too busy to be able to take a vacation together.

• lyndausvi said:
    levioosa said:
    This is so stupid.  And why even try to connect it to your honeymoon at that point?  It's not a frickin' "uni-moon," it's a separate vacation entirely.  A honeymoon is, by definition: a vacation spent TOGETHER by a newlywed couple. 

And I don't mind taking separate vacations from SO.  I love doing road trips with my Mom and BFF.  But I wouldn't do them seperately and then call it a "uni-moon."  That's just asinine. 
    So that would be mom-moon and a BF-moon right?
    I believe the correct terminology would be mater-moon and amica-moon. 

• levioosa said:
    lyndausvi said:
    levioosa said:
    This is so stupid.  And why even try to connect it to your honeymoon at that point?  It's not a frickin' "uni-moon," it's a separate vacation entirely.  A honeymoon is, by definition: a vacation spent TOGETHER by a newlywed couple. 

It bothers the hell out of me that "uni-" doesn't mean one as in "individual," but one as in "all together." So they had the opposite of a uni-moon.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • @Inkdancer‌ so what you're saying is that they went on an un-de-re-anti-uni-moon-amisaurus-ism?
  • @Inkdancer‌ so what you're saying is that they went on an un-de-re-anti-uni-moon-amisaurus-ism?
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Couldn't have said it at all, actually, because I have no idea how to pronounce that prefix salad you've got there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • And here I thought uni-moon was some new moon thing that every single person who likes to call themselves a photographer wants to photograph.  You know, like the harvest moon and the blood moon and eclipses and all that stuff.
  • Inkdancer said:
    levioosa said:
    lyndausvi said:
    levioosa said:

It bothers the hell out of me that "uni-" doesn't mean one as in "individual," but one as in "all together." So they had the opposite of a uni-moon.
    Sorry, I meant that I take trips with my Mom and BFF, but that I also wouldn't mind taking a trip solo without SO or them.  I just wrote it out poorly.  I get that a "uni-moon" is a solo trip (that's supposed to be your honeymoon?).  I still think it's asinine to call it that though.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards