Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Getting Rid of Stubborn Acne

I didn't really have a problem acne until fairly recently. Usually whatever little pimples I get will go away in a day if I wash my face and moisturize, but now a really big one has appeared on my cheek near my nose and nothing I do makes it any better! I've tried nearly everything that I knew to do that usually got rid of acne, I tried looking up and trying other things but nothing seems to make the whopper go away! 

I don't know how this guy landed on my face but I have a couple of guesses: 
1) I found out that where it's located is connected to the sinuses and acne can sometimes breakout with allergies. I have asthma and had been prescribed new medication 3 weeks ago right before it appeared, one of which is a fairly strong nasal spray. Ceasing use of my medication is not an option as without it I can have some pretty severe problems.
2) Maybe it's my diet. I eat fairly well without only the occasional fast food but the food we had over the holidays was greasy. I had the damn pimple before that but the greasy food probably didn't help it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to get rid of stubborn acne? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting Rid of Stubborn Acne

•   If it has a head ( I know this is really gross) then I would try to extract it, and then put a cold compress on it to suppress any redness or swelling. If there isn't a head on it and it's just a tender red bump, the best thing you can do is to leave it alone.  I have had these pop up for a few days and then just disappear.

It could be a flare up from your diet, so maybe once you get back to your regular routine, then it will go away and your skin will get back to normal.  Acne sucks!

•   If it has a head ( I know this is really gross) then I would try to extract it, and then put a cold compress on it to suppress any redness or swelling. If there isn't a head on it and it's just a tender red bump, the best thing you can do is to leave it alone.  I have had these pop up for a few days and then just disappear.

It could be a flare up from your diet, so maybe once you get back to your regular routine, then it will go away and your skin will get back to normal.  Acne sucks!

I didn't want to reply to this until I had actually tried it but this is the first thing that worked even a little! Thank you so much! :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great!  I'm happy it worked for you too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards