May 2015 Weddings

Bridal Shower!

Hi! What date are you all having your bridal shower? Our wedding is May 23, and it seems the date that works the best for everyone for the shower is March 7. I originally wanted the end of March, but the weekends didn't work out for some of my bridesmaids. Do you think two and a half months before the wedding is too early to have a shower? The next dates that will work are the end April, and I wanted to give guests some breathing room between the shower and wedding! 

Re: Bridal Shower!

• Hey! My wedding is also May 23!!! I think my mom mentioned to me to make sure to have the second weekend of March off. I am thinking that is when my shower will be. I don't think that beginning of March is too early at all!
  • My wedding is May 23rd!!!!i have no idea when mine is because I'm guessing it's a surprise but I believe its in March.
  • Our wedding is May 30.  My sister has mentioned she wants to plan something but she isn't really sure when it will happen.  We'll see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Our wedding is May 9 and I have one shower coming up later this month and one probably in March. The one this month is a bit early, but FSIL is hosting and is expecting a baby mid-February and wanted the shower to be before the baby arrives! I think you're totally fine for March.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Our wedding is May 15th. My sister/MOH mentioned that she want to have it the first weekend of April. I thought she was going to have it in March but whatever works for her.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think my shower is scheduled for March 29th, and wedding is May 30th. I don't think 2.5 months beforehand is too early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Working with people's schedules is tough, so I don't think there's any date too early or too late. You gotta do what you gotta do! My wedding is May 2nd and shower is March 7th.  
    --

• My wedding is may 8, and my shower is February 21. I'm having it early because it's when I'll beback home
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm leaning towards no shower but that timing doesn't sound too early at all.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• corsicarcorsicar member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Wedding is May 17, and the shower will be April 11. Wanted to have it outdoors (California) so not too chilly and hopefully not rainy.
  • Our wedding is May 16, and my shower is March 21st. I have a really tough work schedule to navigate, so that was the biggest factor for me. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    Wedding is May 24, shower is May 3. Mine might be too close to the wedding, but it was the weekend that worked best. I don't think it really matters all that much when the shower is, as long as its convenient for the bride and the person hosting (and hopefully at least a few other guests!). 
  • Wedding May 23 (same :)) and shower is April 11. Lots to do still!
  • Wedding is May 16th the shower is March 28th!
  • I don't think that is too early. My wedding is May 24th, and the shower is March 28th. It worked for all the key people.
  • Our wedding is May 29th, and my shower is March 8th. My mom & grandma live out of state, so between them & the bridal party schedules  that was the only weekend they could really come up with. One of my bridesmaids keeps apologizing that it is so early, but I don't really mind.
  • Our wedding is May 1st. I have two showers... February 28 in my fiance's hometown/where I went to college/where we met and one April 11 in my hometown. 
  • My sister is hosting my shower on March 28 :) It'll mostly be fiance's family and friends as my family (aside from my sister) live out of state.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards