Chit Chat

Odd question

Have you ever started writing something on here and then thought, oooooh maybe I shouldn't do this because the person I'm complaining about may actually see the post?  Some of our profiles are more anonymous than others, but I'm curious if you've ever written anything that's come back to bite you? 

Re: Odd question

• I don't mind posting vaguely identifying stuff about myself (I'm pretty sure most regs here can figure out where I went to school, and everybody knows the cities where I live and work).  But I purposely censor myself regarding complaining about people.  I try not to post stuff that would be upsetting if somebody found it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Yes! I'm always worried somehow someone will find me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Yea! If I worry that much I usually mix up a few small details that would have identified me but it wouldn't change the story.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I used to at first, but now I don't really mind that much anymore.

• I have on two occasions wanted to vent about two different brides and have not for that exact reason. I'm active on my local board so I would be pretty easy to ID if the story rang a bell and someone knew me in real life.

I also don't complain about work on here for that same reason. Not that I need to complain about them, but also my immediate family bc they know I'm active on here. Just the other day my SIL and I were snarking on her friend's wedding faux pas and my mom said, "And who are you to know?" And I replied, "I'm an amateur wedding etiquette expert, duh!"
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I don't post much but, when I do I don't complain about work or mention specific stories that if someone I knew read would know exactly what I'm talking about. 

There's a friend of DH's who got married a few months after I did who I wanted to complain about many times but, I was never sure if she lurked or not. I don't think she posted on here or if she did she remained very anonymous. I'm pretty sure she didn't frequent TK because she had many etiquette no-nos like a cash bar and B listing. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I don't really care if anyone sees my posts that I know IRL. Usually if I am complaining about somebody, they know my feelings already.
  • My sister and I were planning our weddings at same time, so I did censor myself a bit in case she was on here (I don't think she is).  I tried not to say too much on here about her 3-hour gap or other faux pas, in case she got on here, which I did encourage her to do. And I did change my user name because my old one would have been a give away to anyone that knew me.  But, anyone who knows me and is on here regularly would still be able to pick me out.  There are posts that mention my career.  There are posts that mention my engagement, which wasn't super typical. And I had a non-typical wedding (on a cruise ship).  So, there are definitely enough identifying features to ID me.

• I guess I am kinda worried someone will find me.  SO knows my username.  But, that I know of, no one else IRL knows that doeydo on TK forums is me.
  • I am not really worried about it. I am super not anonymous here, so if someone really wanted to read my posts, they could. Everything I post about here falls into 3 categories:
    1) Completely innocuous and mundane
    2) The person i'm posting/snarking about already knows my feelings opinions
    3) They may not know, but I don't give a fuck if they find out.
  • I give exactly zero fucks and have told people to look for me on the boards.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I give no fucks. My name is Sophie and I say what I mean and I mean what I say.
  • Someone I know through work (different department) mentioned she saw me on here once. I responded "oh, was I bitching about my coworkers?" I think she was uncomfortable because she dropped it...oops.
  • I was going to snark on someone's wedding (I wasn't invited) but I decided not to. I was worried she was on here.

But she's not! She and her now husband got married the day before their wedding and didn't tell anyone. They did this because she wanted to take pictures before the ceremony but she didn't want him to see her in her dress without being married. So they had a fake redo the next day.

Whew. I feel better now.
  • Yes! I have two friends planning weddings right now and I have told both of them that I'm on here a lot so I sometimes go back and delete details that I've said. I'm pretty sure they would figure me out in a second because I post pics, and my location, and personality. So I do have to stop sometimes and be like "shit, she might see that". 
    I have seen like two times on here where people find out and call each other out. 

• Meh. I generally don't say much on here that I would be ashamed of RL people reading. If SS comes on here and finds out how much we mocked her burlap wedding cake and assigning me the role of Basket... so be it.

• Meh. I generally don't say much on here that I would be ashamed of RL people reading. If SS comes on here and finds out how much we mocked her burlap wedding cake and assigning me the role of Basket... so be it.
    All I can imagine is that she made you wear brown and put a basket on your head and tied baskets to your hands.
    eyeroll
  • I absolutely had a nightmare about this the other day. Absolutely.

That said, thinking back on it, I really don't think I've said anything incriminating, or even really all that identifying. I think people who know me really well could figure me out, but...only if they really, really wanted to.

I can get a bit snarky, but I've been working on it! Promise!
  • I was going to snark on someone's wedding (I wasn't invited) but I decided not to. I was worried she was on here.

But she's not! She and her now husband got married the day before their wedding and didn't tell anyone. They did this because she wanted to take pictures before the ceremony but she didn't want him to see her in her dress without being married. So they had a fake redo the next day.

Whew. I feel better now.

That's a fucking stupid justification of a Ppd there.

Anniversary
  • My FSIL got engaged a few months after I did. And I think my name/picture is pretty easy to identify if someone is on here. So I always post assuming someone from my RL will read it.
  • The only thing that makes me go hmm is the fact that I swear on here like I do in real life - NOT like I do when I'm around my church friends.

But then I think to myself, 'self, if anyone calls you on it, just show them @ashley8918's siggy.'

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • changed my name so i wasnt easily spotted, i log out after i am done at work., 
  • I refrained from saying many things about my daughter's maid of honor. 

I felt like she was acting like a snotty, hostile asshole. I gave her a pass, because she was going through some really terrible personal stuff, and thought that she'd be back to her normal, lovely self, eventually. I didn't want to hurt her by bitching about comparatively petty things.

No longer care. She's a snotty, hostile, self absorbed asshole. I hope she reads that. Sick to fucking death of people who don't care how they hurt people. Fuck her. My patience is at an end. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards