Want to get to know you!

2»

Re: Want to get to know you!

• Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! 

So I feel a little out of place on this board because 1)We're not getting married in OR and 2)I don't even LIVE in OR!   ... but I do work out here half-time, so I'm always doing wedding planning out here. 

The wedding is 10-16-10 in Minnesota. We live in Chicago. I work in Oregon. It's an interesting situation.

Colors are stone gray with accents in deep plum and orange. I've got lots of pics and stuff in my bio, but my favorite "thing" we're doing so far is homemade caramel apple favors using my family's apple trees. We did a trial run recently and they turned out delish!

Nice to meet you all!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    Yanigirl78Yanigirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there,

I'm an Oregon bride getting married in just 2 months on June 26, 2010.  We're getting married in Portland.  Our ceremony is going to be at the Oaks Pioneer Church in Sellwood by Oaks Park and our reception will follow at the Red Lion Convention Center.  We're having a smaller, more intimate wedding of about 50 guests. 

I have two wedding dresses, my first one is a strapless, corset-style A-line Maggie Sottero gown that I got at Bridal Exclusives, which I will be wearing for our ceremony and then my 2nd dress is a short ruched sheath dress with a little bolero jacket with a very dramatic stand-up collar that I got at David's Bridal, which I'm planning on changing into part way through my reception.

Our theme is Fall/Autumn, since ideally that was when I really wanted to get married, but logistically it didn't work out.  Our colors are copper, gold, burnt orange, brown and hints of teal.  We're using a lot of fall leaves in our decor which are very beautiful and much cheaper than flowers.

Our cake is 3-tiers and is going to have a tree branch winding around it with fall leaves.  Our cake lady is excellent, her name is Seri Lopez and her company is called Serious Cake, which is in West Linn, definitely recommend!!

We are working with a fairly small budget (approx. $8,000), so I did I a lot of DIY projects to keep costs down.  I made our invitations, which turned out great, I also made our wishing well box, and centerpieces (curly willow branches with silk fall leaves attached in amber colored glass vases).

I've been engaged since New Year's 2009, so quite awhile, and now we're finally in the home stretch!!  YEAH!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards