Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

rehearsal dinner

We are getting married at the Columns hotel on 9/26/15. We are looking for a unique and fun atmosphere for our rehearsal dinner preferably downtown, FQ, CBD, warehouse district. We are having around 50 people and are looking to spend around $50 pp all inclusive. We are thinking buffet or passed items. Please let me know if you ladies have any ideas! We are familiar with Nola but kind of at a loss for ideas. French quarter would be ideal. Thanks!

Re: rehearsal dinner

• Options
    Maybe try Broussard's.  Good food, fun vibe, great location.  I'm not sure of the cost pp but you could always do beer/wine rather than open bar to cut cost.  I'm in a difficult situation myself.  FI & both live here and love Arnaud's but FMIL, who is hosting, wants to invite ALL out of town guests (about 100ppl) and gave us a low budget.  Hand's tied, hoping to find a compromise!  Galetoire's and Antoinne's will be amazing but are also on the expensive side.  They have excellent function rooms so they may be worth at least a call.  Best of luck!
  • Options
    Ours is at Antoine's and like a previous poster said, its pricier than $50pp for just the food and the alcohol is way expensive. I know we also looked at Tujaque's and they have a buffet option that is reasonably priced. I've heard good things about it from other people who have had their rehearsal dinner there. 
  • Options
    Check into Tommy's Cuisine on Tchouptolous (sp?).  It is in the Warehouse District and was amazing!  We had ours there in November and the price point was spot on.  I don't know how this place isn't more "known".  I'm really glad I found it!  We went with the Duck Tchouptoulous (sp?) and Fish Capri.  Both were amazing.  The room was perfect and the staff couldn't have been better!  They seemed very flexible in what they could do to make the menu work for us.  Highly recommend!!!  Good luck!  :)
  • Options
    Also one other spot that might be fun and within budget is Lucy's Retired Surfer Bar..... it's across from Tommy's.  I checked with them for ours and they were booked the date we wanted. 
  • Options
    Aeb74 said:
    Check into Tommy's Cuisine on Tchouptolous (sp?).  It is in the Warehouse District and was amazing!  We had ours there in November and the price point was spot on.  I don't know how this place isn't more "known".  I'm really glad I found it!  We went with the Duck Tchouptoulous (sp?) and Fish Capri.  Both were amazing.  The room was perfect and the staff couldn't have been better!  They seemed very flexible in what they could do to make the menu work for us.  Highly recommend!!!  Good luck!  :)
    Thank you so much for this tip!  Even though I'm not the OP, I really appreciate this tip!  We live in New Orleans and are so hung up on Arnaud's b/c we love it so much but our guest list is prohibitively large for the price there.  I'm thrilled to have another idea for a place with great space, good food, and a reasonable price point.  We are calling Tommy's tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards